Wellington Management

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Reporting Analyst Interview

Investment Reporting Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wellington Management in April 2014.

Interview Details – There were several rounds of interview, first with HR, then another two rounds with 4-5 people each time (people in the role, managers, people in other groups in the same department). Those lasted about 3-4 hours each time. I worked with a recruiter so she set up and coordinated most of these interviews.

Interview Question – There weren't any odd/unexpected questions. It was mostly conversational about past experience, how it applies to current position, why I'm interested and would be a good fit, and q&a about the role and firm.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary lower than anticipated.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Wellington Management in September 2013.

Interview Details – Through a recruiter but did not provide a JD

ESG Analyst Interview

ESG Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wellington Management in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional process. HR set up an interview with the hiring manager. Interview was for 30 minutes with HR who discussed the company and the process, and 30 minutes with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – There were no trick questions. Both individuals were extremely professional and friendly. The questions focused on experience and capabilities.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wellington Management in August 2013.

Interview Details – HR reached out to me and process was very quick. Approximately 2.5 weeks total. Included three rounds of interviews with a total of 16 different meetings. Wellington takes a lot of pride in who they hire which is why the process is comprehensive.

Interview Question – Nothing about the interviews was too difficult and there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Wellington Management.

Interview Details – You meet with quite a few people during the interview process I think I met with 7 or more and that is on the low end for WMC but the position was more junior... No unusual questions but it seemed as though they definitely wanted to make sure I was a cultural fit and could articulate my past experience well.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you have worked well under pressure   View Answer

Technology Specialist Interview

Technology Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wellington Management in December 2012.

Interview Details – Submitteed an online test through campus recruitment. Was called in the last week of November to interview in the Marlborough office. The interview was pretty straightforward but since most questions were behavioral there's no right or wrong answer just the fitting answer.

Interview Question – Tell me when you had to manage a project?
Various questions on investments(Mine was a technical position)
  Answer Question

Fixed Income Product Analyst Interview

Fixed Income Product Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Wellington Management.

Interview Details – I applied to the job through a recruiter.
- Had an initial phone interview screen with HR, the usually questions, why are you leaving? why this job? can you describe to me the job? Basic questions. After you passed the phone screen you will be give your interview schedule with bios, time slots, etc. (everything was very detailed)
- Had first rounds with 5 people, 30 mins each, HR was first, followed by the partner of the group, manager, analyst, and HR again. Usually questions again but with some curve ball questions... "give me a situation when you have failed and what did you learn from it?", got completely stumped and numbled my way through the interview. HR re-capped at the end and asked "what have you learned from the interview?" and once again I got stumped. Heard they gave finalist interviews a case study to work on.

General traits that they are looking for- (1) They want somebody easy to work with, no ego, (2) Passion/strong interest in finance, you should be reading finance books/advancing your skills in your spare time, (3) pedigree - they like sum laude even if its not from an ivy, be ready to explain your bad GPA (4) history of fast advancement in your past jobs/strong work ethic, (5) prepared you always have to be prepared.

Interview Question – give me a situation when you have failed and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wellington Management in November 2012.

Interview Details – Met with several people ranging from Adminstratives to Senior Management

faily smooth. good conversation. it is very lengthy

Interview Question – They want to see how much you know about Wellington prior   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was through a third party, staffing

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wellington Management.

Interview Details – There were about 14 interviews, in batches of 3 or 4 each time. Interviews were a mix of video-conference and face to face, but always one-on-one.

Some interviewers were very technical, and wanted the details. Some of them were at a very high level. Once I joined, I realized that many tech-interviewers were very senior managers, while some of the fluffs were supposed to be hands-on folks.

Interview Question – "How would you address this issue:....<a stituation>". These are the most difficult ones, because interviewers think of situations that they currently face at work, but the candidate cannot give a convincing answer unless she knows the all the details.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR negotiates, the managers don't get involved. You cannot get personal or let your guard down with HR at any moment. They will use every bit of personal info they can get from you in their negotiations. HR is very aggressive about their business. A lot more if offered in bonus, but they are seldom met in reality later.

Client Portfolio Manager Interview

Client Portfolio Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wellington Management in June 2008.

Interview Details – Applied to a position posted on the website and process was facilitated by an internal contact. Had a pleasant and informative interview which unfortunately did not result in an offer. Very interesting company with a solid reputation. The position was global in scope so it required late night availability and significant travel.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions but it pays to know the history of the firm since they have a long, proud history - it shows good preparation.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wellington Management

Worked for Wellington Management? Contribute to the Community!