Wellington Management Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial interview - I was contacted by a staffing agency and went through a 30 minute phone interview. I received an invitation to interview at the company the following week. On site interview -I received a detailed Interview schedule ahead of time with who I was interviewing with and the position of that person. On the day, I was given a short prep from the HR before interviewing with 2 different managers and an AA. The whole interview process took 2 hours and was according to the initial schedule. The interviewers were friendly and informative. I received a call 2 days later that I was accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• - What is your strengths? - Why do you want to work for Wellington? - What do you know about Wellington? - What do you like about the Administrative Assistant role?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA).

Interview

Straightforward interview process with a series of one on one discussions. Mostly testing competencies and prior work experience. They focused a lot on soft skills in this role as it is very focused on internal and external client facing. Must have ability to synthesize information quickly and explain externally. Did not have a chance to apply for more quantitative roles that might have required testing or other skills analysis.

Interview Questions

• What is your view of rates in the next year?   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wellington Management (Marlborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was alerted to this position by my recruiter and thought it could be a good fit so we submitted my resume for consideration for the position. The first step was a phone screen which was very technical in nature and was set up to primarily assess my routing and switching skill set. The questions were thoughtful and thorough, and some were particularly difficult and I had to walk through the problem solving in my head a little bit. The second step was an on-site interview where I met with 7 people over the course of four hours. This was the critical part where we were establishing if I was going to be able to fit with the group and if the company's culture was going to be a fit for me. Everyone I interviewed with really knew their stuff. Overall, these folks were the sharpest knives in the drawer I have interviewed with in many years. I ultimately did not continue the process after the on-site interview since the change windows are not compatible with my lifestyle at this current time. As such, I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Which connection in a VPC will stay online when the VPC peer link is disconnected?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a staffing agency I was working with about this role becoming available as the current administrative assistant was leaving. I had my first round interviews with the management team, followed by a second round interview a couple of days later with the unit's business analysts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Wellington?   1 Answer

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and got invited to the super day in Boston. Had 4 interviews with 2 teams. The overall experience was great, mostly behavior questions as they are really trying to see if you would fit. Be very genuine with your answers for why wellington and why this team. I did also had some harder questions about the market, about fixed income/equity basics (some terminologies and economics). The interviews were very nice and they kept the interview informal as you discuss about the market etc. I heard back 2 days after the final round.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting a lot of technical questions and I did not get any hard ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The package is very generous and very fair.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Four rounds of interview. Lot of emphasis on work done in the past. Questions were focused on the basics of finance to in depth knowledge of fixed income such as effects of parallel shifts in the term structure on duration, etc.

Interview Questions

• Question where mostly focused on the role description that was provided to me   Answer Question

Investment Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

There were several rounds of interview, first with HR, then another two rounds with 4-5 people each time (people in the role, managers, people in other groups in the same department). Those lasted about 3-4 hours each time. I worked with a recruiter so she set up and coordinated most of these interviews.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any odd/unexpected questions. It was mostly conversational about past experience, how it applies to current position, why I'm interested and would be a good fit, and q&a about the role and firm.   Answer Question

Salary lower than anticipated.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Long process with 9 interviews spread through out the day from 8AM to 5PM I was provided flight and hotel and came to the city the day before the interview. Arrangements were really nice and high end hotel was provided.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical and a little bit of functional   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

You meet with quite a few people during the interview process I think I met with 7 or more and that is on the low end for WMC but the position was more junior... No unusual questions but it seemed as though they definitely wanted to make sure I was a cultural fit and could articulate my past experience well.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you have worked well under pressure   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Through a recruiter but did not provide a JD