Wellington Management

Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.3

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wellington Management.

I applied through campus recruiting and got invited to the super day in Boston. Had 4 interviews with 2 teams. The overall experience was great, mostly behavior questions as they are really trying to see if you would fit. Be very genuine with your answers for why wellington and why this team. I did also had some harder questions about the market, about fixed income/equity basics (some terminologies and economics). The interviews were very nice and they kept the interview informal as you discuss about the market etc. I heard back 2 days after the final round.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting a lot of technical questions and I did not get any hard ones.   Answer Question
    The package is very generous and very fair.

Assistant Equity Product Manager Interview

Rigorous hiring process. Most employees go at least 2 rounds. First round tends to focus on core skills of the position and second round focuses on culture fit. Number of people and rounds go up as you look for more senior positions. Most folks are great to talk to and are very good at what they do.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the difficult questions revolved around the core technical skills   Answer Question

Launch Research Associate Interview

interviewed at Wellington Management in November 2014.

First round was phone call with Portfolio Manager. It was all about past experience and very little technical questioning.

Final round was at office and involved having 90 minutes to prepare a stock pitch on 1 of 2 stocks you were given information for. The rest of the day was many 1 on 1 interviews with people you may be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Given too much data and not enough time, prepare a stock pitch.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wellington Management in November 2014.

I applied through their website. The first round was a screen case study, and then I was invited to their Marlborough office to have a full-day interview. I met 12 persons, each for 20 minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral questions, no technical question. They really cared about your personality as well as communicational skills.

Business Associate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wellington Management in November 2014.

Had 2 interviews on what they call "Super Days," 30 minutes each. Both interviewers were directors/supervisors of the department. You must go to their boston offices for it. While in the elevator I met a girl who flew in from Chicago. No phone or other methods of interview for the "Super Days" (the final step of the application process)

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wellington Management in November 2014.

I applied through a staffing agency. The overall process took about 3 weeks.

The first step was to interview with their in-house recruiter. It was in person, maybe 25 minutes long, and mostly talking about my resume.

The second step took place maybe 1-2 weeks later. It was about 2.5 hours and I interviewed one on one with four people back to back, including two management staff in the department I was applying for, one HR person, and the AA who was leavinLotg the position they were hiring for (due to moving within the firm internally). Everyone was very friendly. I received an interview schedule beforehand, and everything ran on time and according to the schedule. They asked a lot of questions to figure out if I was a good culture fit, as well as about my past experience and career trajectory. I definitely came away from the meetings thinking that they wanted to hire someone to work for the firm for a long time, not just a random AA to answer phones for a year.

The third step took place the following week. It was about 2 hours long and I interviewed one on one with three people back to back, including the department head, a senior person in the department, and a more senior executive. This round was more challenging, although they asked the same types of questions that were in theory about my past experience, but more about what kind of employee I was and how I'd fit in at the firm. Again, I received an interview schedule beforehand and everything ran exactly on time.

I received an offer the following day, and was told I had to decide within one day.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions that basically are, "Why Wellington?" You should do your research on the firm and your interviewers beforehand.   Answer Question

I accepted another offer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Two round interviews. First interview was with HR manager. Second round interview was with VP controller, department manager, and senior accountant. The interviews were all one-to-one. Each of them spoke to you about half hour.

Investment Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wellington Management in April 2014.

There were several rounds of interview, first with HR, then another two rounds with 4-5 people each time (people in the role, managers, people in other groups in the same department). Those lasted about 3-4 hours each time. I worked with a recruiter so she set up and coordinated most of these interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any odd/unexpected questions. It was mostly conversational about past experience, how it applies to current position, why I'm interested and would be a good fit, and q&a about the role and firm.   Answer Question

Salary lower than anticipated.

Client Service Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wellington Management.

Very relaxed process. There's a long day with hours of interviews as the final round, but most of the interviewers are really just interested in getting to know who you are as a person.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question. It was mostly getting to know you.   Answer Question

Summer Equity Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wellington Management.

1st round interview - nothing out of the ordinary

Final round interview - 1 hr to prepare a pitch, followed by roundtable discussion, then 5 interviews with analysts