1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Clinical Applications Analyst II Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wellmont Health System (Kingsport, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by future manager via phone for an initial (feel-me-out) conversation. I was then asked if I'd like to come in for an interview in the a couple of days. I was first interviewed by three of our senior analysts. It was very informal and relaxed. They began by explaining the job to me in more detail. Then they asked me to describe my background and experience in the field. After that, they asked me a few of the standard questions like, "What motivates you?", "What value will you bring to the company?", and "What is one of your weaknesses?". That was pretty much the extent of the first interview. Then I was taken to my future manager's office, where we basically just chit-chatted. She showed me some of the software I would be working on and explained some more of the job to me. We talked a little more about my prior work experience and why I wanted this position. She was basically looking for someone decently knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic. Attitude goes a long way in their interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary than originally offered. I was told to apply for a level II, but they were only going to offer me a level I after my interview, but I didn't find that out until they actually called with the offer. I explained that I was very excited to work for them, but I was told this was for a level II position, and I was hoping for a little bit more in salary. They came back with almost $5000 more in their offer later that day, or the next day...I can't remember exactly. My advice to others when negotiating with Wellmont Health System, is to be polite and show enthusiasm for the position. Let them know that you really want the position, but you were hoping for a little more money. Ask them if there is any room for an increase in your base pay. The HR rep might have to call you back, but the woman I negotiated with had no problem with me asking for an increase in pay, but she had to ask someone else about it first. They called me back and offered me more money, as I mentioned earlier, as well as the level II position.