Wellmont Health System Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wellmont Health System

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wellmont Health System.

Interview

Very timely and efficient, began with screening then panel discussion. Had to present a concept overview of how I would lead a program. The process was extremely helpful in preparing me for the role and getting me up to speed on the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume and describe your skills   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wellmont Health System (Kingsport, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

It was fairly simple. Applied online. I was called for an interview by the department manager. One interview and then she called me about 2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no Negotiation for nurses at Wellmont.

Clinical Principal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wellmont Health System (Kingsport, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process went extremely smooth. I was being interviewed for a position as a trainer with EMR software that they were implementing soon and I had experience with it, so the interviewees were actually asking me questions about the process. It was basic questions such as how was Go-live, how the training might be set up, and the favorites of all interviews. What are your least/most favorite things about your job, or last job.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was not just one question, but a test of questions that was introduced by the EMR vendor themselves. I'm still not certain how I passed it, but I did! It was designed to be more of an IQ assessment instead of being job specific, but it was still a pass/fail style assessment. If you didn't meet a minimum score you did not pass and they will not consider you for employment in that position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My negotiation phase went very smoothly. I was able to negiotiate an earlier start date by two weeks. It actually helped because it gave me two weeks seniority over a lot of the other staff hired for the new EMR software implementation. The organization was actually very open to it.

Clinical Applications Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wellmont Health System (Kingsport, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by future manager via phone for an initial (feel-me-out) conversation. I was then asked if I'd like to come in for an interview in the a couple of days. I was first interviewed by three of our senior analysts. It was very informal and relaxed. They began by explaining the job to me in more detail. Then they asked me to describe my background and experience in the field. After that, they asked me a few of the standard questions like, "What motivates you?", "What value will you bring to the company?", and "What is one of your weaknesses?". That was pretty much the extent of the first interview. Then I was taken to my future manager's office, where we basically just chit-chatted. She showed me some of the software I would be working on and explained some more of the job to me. We talked a little more about my prior work experience and why I wanted this position. She was basically looking for someone decently knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic. Attitude goes a long way in their interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary than originally offered. I was told to apply for a level II, but they were only going to offer me a level I after my interview, but I didn't find that out until they actually called with the offer. I explained that I was very excited to work for them, but I was told this was for a level II position, and I was hoping for a little bit more in salary. They came back with almost $5000 more in their offer later that day, or the next day...I can't remember exactly. My advice to others when negotiating with Wellmont Health System, is to be polite and show enthusiasm for the position. Let them know that you really want the position, but you were hoping for a little more money. Ask them if there is any room for an increase in your base pay. The HR rep might have to call you back, but the woman I negotiated with had no problem with me asking for an increase in pay, but she had to ask someone else about it first. They called me back and offered me more money, as I mentioned earlier, as well as the level II position.

Unit Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wellmont Health System in December 2009.

Interview

Getting a job was not all to difficult. The turnover in mangement is the issue working for this company. It is hard to understand why so many people have been there as long as they have. In my six year tenure there I had 12 supervisors & only worked in two departments.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was rather easy. Sadly the salary increased very little in my time there.

Pct Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wellmont Health System in April 2009.

Interview

didnt offer to interview me

Interview Questions

• why did i want to work there   1 Answer