Wells Fargo Advisors

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker Interview

Paramus, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo Advisors in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who setup 2 initial phone screening sessions. I was then told a few days later to come in to their offices in Paramus, for a panel interview. The interview consisted of a two man team of regional managers asking open ended questions about past job experiences. They would also present to you a difficult situation and ask how you would go about handling it. They neglected to ask about personal strengths and weaknesses. When it was time for me to ask them questions, they seemed stumped and gave very generalized, unthoughtful answers which didn't really help me.

Interview Question – He asked what I would do to generate sales and leads during a slow month.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Personal Banker Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo Advisors in February 2008.

Interview Details – Must be very persistent in communication with HR Recruiter. They will tell you where they are in the hiring and decision-making process if you are dedicated to follow-up and wish to work for them. Use email to communicate almost exclusively and be patient. Phone Interview will be first indication they feel you are qualified and it takes 45 minutes to an Hour. They will usually schedule a panel interview (2-3 managers) the following week if you did well in the phone interview. If you get to the panel interview, make sure you have a very detailed "10 year career plan" and also be specific on what your greatest accomplishment was over the previous 10 years. They are piloting a new interview process that throws out the traditional behavioral model.

Interview Question – "What do you think is your greatest accomplishment in the last 10 years."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told they had three candidates in line and was first to be offered the position. If I did not accept that offer/salary, they would offer to the second candidate and so on.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo Advisors

Worked for Wells Fargo Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Advisors Personal Banker interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo Advisors employees and interview candidates.