Wells Fargo Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview went well, questions were very straight forward. There was not much that I was not expecting. This was an internal interview process, so I knew the people interviewing me. Relating was easy, but I was left with very little idea of how they believed it went. I later found out that I was one of the top candidates but did not make the cut.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had many things to get done and had to prioritize   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied through college career center, networking event at SF HQ, on-campus interview with two interviewers. Fairly standard behavioral questions (name a time you overcame a challenge, etc)

Interview Questions

• Most important of the three financial statements and why.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Took several calls to get to the right person, but was finally able to get a very rushed interview. I felt as if someone else had already been hired and that my interview was simply done as a matter of checking another name off the list. Followup took longer than I expected.

Interview Questions

• The only thing that was unexpected was that there weren't enough questions asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Online Application. Call from Manager, measuring interest. Another Interview call with 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe your response to a situation where things didn't go your way.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

In-person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In line with position applied for

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through the college career site. I had a 30 min interview with 2 partners.

Interview Questions

• What financial ratio would you use to analyze whether or not to give a loan to a company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I dont feel respected from the interview. The wired thing was they were looking for citizens or permanent residents while gave an interview opportunity to me, who was international student. I was treated badly and I would never work for the bank. The worst interview I have ever had. They asked me about my resume and other behavioral questions, such as strength and weakness, as well as teamwork and problem solving skills. But the lady said nothing during the interview. And I guess she did not pay enough attention. Perhaps because she got tired. My interview time was not good, almost 5pm in the afternoon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

submitted an application online through their website and was contacted by one of their in-house recruiters. phone screen took 30 minutes, basic questions...and then the recruiter arranged a face to face with one of the floor supervisors. face to face lasted 1 hour, again basic questions and "what would you do" scenarios. after the interview, received an offer call from the recruiter within 72 hours.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I was flow into the San Francisco office for a full day interview. They set me up in a hotel close to the office. I spent the entire day meeting with HR, Analysts, Managers of different groups. Everyone was really nice and down to earth. One of the Analysts took me out to lunch. The day ended with a wrap up with HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in April 2008.

Interview

The process was very streamlined. I applied online to a couple of different postions within the comapny. A HR lady nterviewed me initailly with basic questions about my job history, projects i worked on, and canned questions about 'problem solving' and 'difficult situations'. This was followed by a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager lasting 3 hours. The questions during this portion focused more on my technical background and the specific skill set I was bringing to the job. They seemed like they really wanted someone who could think on his feet and problem solve. This is exactly how I had billed myself in my resume so I messed pretty well with the role they were trying to fill. Job was offered to me 2 days later, at a salary that was slighly lower than I was looking for(still a big bump from the last job). I accepted and everything turned out exactly as they said it would.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation