Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Took several calls to get to the right person, but was finally able to get a very rushed interview. I felt as if someone else had already been hired and that my interview was simply done as a matter of checking another name off the list. Followup took longer than I expected.

Interview Question – The only thing that was unexpected was that there weren't enough questions asked.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – In-person interview

Interview Question – In line with position applied for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In line with position applied for

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the college career site. I had a 30 min interview with 2 partners.

Interview Question – What financial ratio would you use to analyze whether or not to give a loan to a company.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2009.

Interview Details – submitted an application online through their website and was contacted by one of their in-house recruiters. phone screen took 30 minutes, basic questions...and then the recruiter arranged a face to face with one of the floor supervisors. face to face lasted 1 hour, again basic questions and "what would you do" scenarios. after the interview, received an offer call from the recruiter within 72 hours.

Interview Question – what are 3 things you feel you could improve upon?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was flow into the San Francisco office for a full day interview. They set me up in a hotel close to the office. I spent the entire day meeting with HR, Analysts, Managers of different groups. Everyone was really nice and down to earth. One of the Analysts took me out to lunch. The day ended with a wrap up with HR.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2010.

Interview Details – I dont feel respected from the interview. The wired thing was they were looking for citizens or permanent residents while gave an interview opportunity to me, who was international student. I was treated badly and I would never work for the bank. The worst interview I have ever had.
They asked me about my resume and other behavioral questions, such as strength and weakness, as well as teamwork and problem solving skills. But the lady said nothing during the interview. And I guess she did not pay enough attention. Perhaps because she got tired. My interview time was not good, almost 5pm in the afternoon.

Interview Question – give an example of solving conflicts in the team work   Answer Question

Des Moines, IA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2008.

Interview Details – The process was very streamlined. I applied online to a couple of different postions within the comapny. A HR lady nterviewed me initailly with basic questions about my job history, projects i worked on, and canned questions about 'problem solving' and 'difficult situations'. This was followed by a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager lasting 3 hours. The questions during this portion focused more on my technical background and the specific skill set I was bringing to the job. They seemed like they really wanted someone who could think on his feet and problem solve. This is exactly how I had billed myself in my resume so I messed pretty well with the role they were trying to fill. Job was offered to me 2 days later, at a salary that was slighly lower than I was looking for(still a big bump from the last job). I accepted and everything turned out exactly as they said it would.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview. 1 on 1 interview with 2 interviewer.

Interview Question – What did you learn in school that makes you think you fit for this job?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2008.

Interview Details – A 20 minute question on past experience and education. 30 minutes of standard questions like what interested about this company, what are you plans for the next 5 years, etc. The first interview was with a panel of 2 people (one person being management) and than they ask you to wait for a call while they deliberate. 1 week later, a second interview is asked for and they give you an offer for salary at which point you can accept or decline.

Interview Question – How would only your college education benefit the position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lower than standard pay

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Interview Details – asked me about have I worked with larger loan amounts like 20-30 million dollars.. I said no. she replied then you are not qualified for this position. blah!... These human resources people are not qualified and and they don't know anything about the commercial loans.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Analyst interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.