Wells Fargo

2.5

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

Online application then received an email to do an online screening, after completing that I immediately received an email inviting me to choose an interview date/time. Did group interview with about 11 other candidates. It lasted for exactly 2 hours n was then told that we would receive an email about the next step. Seven days after my interview I got an email from them saying they've decided to go with other candidates at the time and shockingly 5 days later I received a call from the recruiter saying he found another opportunity for me an set me up with an interview at the store where I was interviewed by the store manager and another person. Interview went okay, the team seemed very friendly. I was told that they have to send results back to the recruiter and he would be contacting me with whatever decision they made. So I'm currently waiting on that call or email.....HOPEFULLY I get it because I need it. Good luck to everyone that's going on interviews.

Interview Questions
    • A time you went up and beyond with for a customer.....it was just behavioral questions. To me all interviewers ask the same thing or similar   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

I had one interview on campus. It lasted for 20 min, was interviewed by 2 people. The first part was behavioral, questions why would you want to work for the company. There were some situational questions - explain the situation when you had to change things midway, ets. I was doing very well until they asked a technical accounting question. Im bus econ major, so I struggled a bit

Interview Questions
    • Explain balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows in basic words, to someone with no knowledge of finance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was part of a group interview process where a bunch of candidates were thrown in a room together. We were asked questions individually at first (pre-assessment) and then we went into another room where the senior management was for an actual interview. Last we were put into groups for a final question and answer session where someone asked a question and everyone took turns going around the table and answering.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation...you either take it or leave it.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied on line. Generic questions through survey. After that make appointment through website for a group interview session.

Interview Questions
    • For the behavioural test asked two kind of questions.
      1. Sales goal and achievement
      2. Greater accomplishment till now in career
      Both are through situations.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Wells Fargo has a relatively easy interview process as far as getting an interview. You simply fill out an application and if you pass the assessment you can set up a time and day for your interview. The first interview is usually a group interview at a central location. I interviewed on two seperate occasions because the first time I couldn't work in the training hours. However, now on my second attempt in the interview process I went to my group interview which had only 3 other candidates. Supposedly there was supposed to be more but we were the only ones that showed. After some introductions we watched a video and answer behavioral questions. Everyone gets a chance to answer, but in my case on both occasions no one wanted to answer first so it made me look really strong when I went first with my answers. That is definitely something they will remember. Another thing that will help you is if you rehearse your answers. The questions are all the same, but having an answer that is well thought out and prepared shows that you have done your homework and are more than qualified to do this job. It is also another thing that recruiters notice and could help you get that second interview. After the group interview the recruiter told us that she would contact us in about two weeks to inform us either way about the job. I received a call an hour later and was told that I did exceptionally well and would be moving on. I then set up an appointment with the store manager at the bank I applied for. However, when I went in for the interview the manager I was supposed to interview with had a death in the family so I ended up being interview by a different manager. I handled business as usual and had a good interview. She told me to expect a call in a week because that was the time the original manager would be back. A week later I got the call asking me to come in again and she made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The thing that took me by surprise and stopped me from working for the company previously is the 80 hours of training that you have to do Monday thru Friday from 8 to 5. This is MANDATORY. I implore you to think and understand this before you try to interview with this job. As a college student I certainly couldn't do it when the semester started and was very disappointed when I learned I would need to put aside so much time to train.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. She offered me a set amount and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

I Applied on a Saturday had a group interview consisting of 12 people including myself. It was very impersonal more like a rat race! Spent two hours in an interview that I knew I wasn't going to get a call back from and the recruiter only asked two questions!!!! Question 1 tell us about yourself and why Wells Fargo? Question Two name a time where you had to make a quota and what was the outcome? Also it's like a 3 step hiring process if hired you have to go to training for four weeks for there days a week from 8-5 & you have to pay for your own FBI background check using fingerprints. They also only hire part time. I suggest that you don't do the group interview because there are as many as 5 areas hiring and they interview at least 144 people in an interview and while interviewing your group they could have already hired for those 5 positions. It was a great experience but they really make their hiring process a rat race. Also if you get an interview make sure you sell yourself and sell Wells Fargo they want you to Love their company regardless of experience and they like in house referrals.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to make a quota?   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Went in for group interview with HR representative. A week later, I interviewed with two Branch Managers. A couple of weeks later, I interviewed with a District Manager. A week later, I received a rejection e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Every interviewer simply reads questions off of a piece of paper and writes down your answers, making minimal eye contact. Extremely unprofessional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Applied online week prior to interview. Interview consisted of myself and about 7 others and was very laid back and general. The hiring manager basically explained the position to us, WF benefits, her background, asked a few informational EXTREMELY easy to answer questions. Lasted about an hour and didn't even realize it. We were told to wait to hear from them for a second interview, within the next week. As soon as I got in the car to leave the interview, I got that call. The interview was scheduled the day after the initial one over the phone at 9. Pretty simple, it was the branch manager and hiring manger on the line and then again, I was told to wait a week to see if I was offered the position. Not even a full 30 minutes later, I received the call and was offered a position. So this all happened in less than 2 days!

Interview Questions
    The starting pay for the location I was hired at, is $10.75. I didn't see the need in negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

It was a group interview with 12 people. They asked basic questions. Tell me about a difficult customer, Tell me about a time you failed, Why Wells Fargo etc. They ask a total of 5 questions. I was disappointed in the end as they canceled the position and did not hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Why Wells Fargo. If you don't research the company you may not be able to answer correctly.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Submitted my online application for a personal banker position three days later was invited to due a group interview. This interview consisted of me and another person where we watched a 10 minute video. After the video the HR lady came in and talked about the company. She then asked questions like why Wellsfargo and questions about past work experience.