Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview. Be sure to shine to get a call back.

Interview Question – All where pretty standard and predictable.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wanted to hire me part time at 10.00hr. I declined. They called back and offered full time at 11.00hr. Not the best, but better then the 1st offer so I reluctantly accepted.

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied on line. Generic questions through survey. After that make appointment through website for a group interview session.

Interview Question – For the behavioural test asked two kind of questions.
1. Sales goal and achievement
2. Greater accomplishment till now in career
Both are through situations.
  View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Wells Fargo has a relatively easy interview process as far as getting an interview. You simply fill out an application and if you pass the assessment you can set up a time and day for your interview. The first interview is usually a group interview at a central location. I interviewed on two seperate occasions because the first time I couldn't work in the training hours. However, now on my second attempt in the interview process I went to my group interview which had only 3 other candidates. Supposedly there was supposed to be more but we were the only ones that showed. After some introductions we watched a video and answer behavioral questions. Everyone gets a chance to answer, but in my case on both occasions no one wanted to answer first so it made me look really strong when I went first with my answers. That is definitely something they will remember. Another thing that will help you is if you rehearse your answers. The questions are all the same, but having an answer that is well thought out and prepared shows that you have done your homework and are more than qualified to do this job. It is also another thing that recruiters notice and could help you get that second interview. After the group interview the recruiter told us that she would contact us in about two weeks to inform us either way about the job. I received a call an hour later and was told that I did exceptionally well and would be moving on. I then set up an appointment with the store manager at the bank I applied for. However, when I went in for the interview the manager I was supposed to interview with had a death in the family so I ended up being interview by a different manager. I handled business as usual and had a good interview. She told me to expect a call in a week because that was the time the original manager would be back. A week later I got the call asking me to come in again and she made me an offer.

Interview Question – The thing that took me by surprise and stopped me from working for the company previously is the 80 hours of training that you have to do Monday thru Friday from 8 to 5. This is MANDATORY. I implore you to think and understand this before you try to interview with this job. As a college student I certainly couldn't do it when the semester started and was very disappointed when I learned I would need to put aside so much time to train.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. She offered me a set amount and I accepted.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interview Details – group interview followed by an interview with the branch manager

Very Difficult Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – I Applied on a Saturday had a group interview consisting of 12 people including myself. It was very impersonal more like a rat race! Spent two hours in an interview that I knew I wasn't going to get a call back from and the recruiter only asked two questions!!!! Question 1 tell us about yourself and why Wells Fargo? Question Two name a time where you had to make a quota and what was the outcome? Also it's like a 3 step hiring process if hired you have to go to training for four weeks for there days a week from 8-5 & you have to pay for your own FBI background check using fingerprints. They also only hire part time. I suggest that you don't do the group interview because there are as many as 5 areas hiring and they interview at least 144 people in an interview and while interviewing your group they could have already hired for those 5 positions. It was a great experience but they really make their hiring process a rat race. Also if you get an interview make sure you sell yourself and sell Wells Fargo they want you to Love their company regardless of experience and they like in house referrals.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to make a quota?   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – Went in for group interview with HR representative. A week later, I interviewed with two Branch Managers. A couple of weeks later, I interviewed with a District Manager. A week later, I received a rejection e-mail.

Interview Question – Every interviewer simply reads questions off of a piece of paper and writes down your answers, making minimal eye contact. Extremely unprofessional.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview with 12 people. They asked basic questions. Tell me about a difficult customer, Tell me about a time you failed, Why Wells Fargo etc. They ask a total of 5 questions. I was disappointed in the end as they canceled the position and did not hire anyone.

Interview Question – Why Wells Fargo. If you don't research the company you may not be able to answer correctly.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online week prior to interview. Interview consisted of myself and about 7 others and was very laid back and general. The hiring manager basically explained the position to us, WF benefits, her background, asked a few informational EXTREMELY easy to answer questions. Lasted about an hour and didn't even realize it. We were told to wait to hear from them for a second interview, within the next week. As soon as I got in the car to leave the interview, I got that call. The interview was scheduled the day after the initial one over the phone at 9. Pretty simple, it was the branch manager and hiring manger on the line and then again, I was told to wait a week to see if I was offered the position. Not even a full 30 minutes later, I received the call and was offered a position. So this all happened in less than 2 days!

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The starting pay for the location I was hired at, is $10.75. I didn't see the need in negotiating.

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my online application for a personal banker position three days later was invited to due a group interview. This interview consisted of me and another person where we watched a 10 minute video. After the video the HR lady came in and talked about the company. She then asked questions like why Wellsfargo and questions about past work experience.

Interview Question – Typical interview, nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online received an automatic group interview date. Group interview went well, received a call back the next day. Interviewed with store manager a few days later. was hired 5 days later. pretty quick process!

Interview Question – Explain how you satisfied the needs of an angry customer.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.