Wells Fargo

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview after a basic phone interview where you talk about sales experience. Group interview consisted of role play and and obvious emphasis on customer service.

Interview Question – All q's were very general and with sufficient preparation you shouldn't have a problem. Customer service and sales is key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Personal Banker I (SAFE)
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had to take an online assesment BEFORE being able to schedule an interview. Once the assesment was complete it automatically schedules your interview. Interview is with a group of other candidates at teh same time. Usually with the recruiter and possibly one hiring manager. Questions are asked to the group and every individual has an opportunity to answer with a certain time period. At the end you are either asked to stay behind for additional questions or the interview is concluded after about an hour. the ones that usually are asked to stay behind are the ones that usually get the job offer.

Interview Question – Describe atime when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked what salary was expected. Counter offered and accepted.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2010.

Interview Details – Is about 3 different interviews but is very easy coming from Banking Experience.

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Group interview (I hear they are not done anymore). 12 people. One guy from the same company I was from was in my interview. It worked well we were able to play off each other and basically give 2 answers for every question. (one me and one him). Interview the person next to you and then present them to the group.

Interview Question – Nothing really, one of the interviewers gave us the best tip. "Be friendly and personable. We can teach you banking if you are relateable"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much, This is the offer.

Securities Operations Service Specialist II Interview

Securities Operations Service Specialist II
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2011.

Interview Details – I first received a call from the hiring manager (who was based out of California). We scheduled a brief over-the-phone interview. A couple of days later, I received a call from a manager in the Austin, TX location (where I had applied. An in-person interview was scheduled. I drove approximately 5 hours to go to the interview, at which I had to wait nearly 30 minutes for the interviewer to be ready. The interview itself was very scenario based. --- (e.g. - tell me what happened, how you handled it, and the result).

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Commercial Strategies Group Interview

Commercial Strategies Group
Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

Interview Details – After applying through school site there was a dinner the day before the interview. The one on one interview was all behavioral the day after and it was very easy. 2 weeks after the interview there was a group panel in their office downtown that consisted of 8-10 questions and they expected answers within the STAR format.

Interview Question – Name a time you failed at work?   Answer Question

Round Rock, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2011.

Interview Details – had a over the phone interview with one person, it was pretty standard. then i had a one on one interview an was told i would be contacted but never was.

Interview Question – what was a goal you set for yourself and how did you accomplish it   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email back saying I needed to do some online screening. Took the basic screening test about job history and a couple questions involving money and giving change. Then I received an email saying to call an 800 number for an a phone screening interview, with basic questions again about work history and a time I helped a customer. A few days later I got an email saying to call the 800 number again because there may be open appointments. I called and the lady said they were all full, but that they'd notify me when there were more openings. A few days later received the same email, so I called again and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview was with one of the local recruiters, she asked me similar questions like "Why Wells Fargo" and if I had sales goals to meet in my previous jobs. The same day I received another phone call from one of the branch managers who asked me to come in to interview face to face. The interview is in a couple of days so I will be sure to update after.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer, and how to you resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

Interview Details – After initial phone screen, I had two 1:1 phone interviews. Since I currently hold a sales job, they tailored a lot of their questions towards my interaction with clients. They asked what my most difficult situation was with a client, as well as what was my most rewarding experience on the job. They definitely try to get you to slip up when they ask the same question more than once, but word it differently. I declined to go farther in the interview process when I realized that I would make less money taking the Personal Banker Position with Wells Fargo. If interested, I definitely encourage you to apply, they seem to have a lot of positions available nationwide.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging experience you have had with a customer?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2009.

Interview Details – I initially spoke to a branch manager about opportunities at his location. He mentioned that there was a teller position available and he would like to have me apply for it. He made it clear to me from the beginning that it was a sales position.

I was referred to the "jobs" portion of the company's website where I filled out personal information and job history as well as submitted a resume. They did not get back with me right away but eventually called and expressed interest in my resume. They invited me to a group interview.

The group interview consisted of a few parts including an ice-breaker, a sales demonstration and a service demonstration; all conducted in front of a panel of service or store managers. The ice-breaker generally consists of pairs introducing each other and giving an interesting fact about the partner. This is a test of communication skills. It's important to show that you are genuinely interested in what you have to say about the person. Positive attitude is tantamount with this company.

The sales scenario involves pairs as well. The interviewer gives you a company name and what you sell. The rest is up to your creativity. They want to hear needs-based selling rather than just a brochure of the three different products you offer. Build rapport, find the needs and then fit the customer to the product. As it is left up to your creativity, being able to create the products to fit the need as the scenario is unfolding is a plus. You're only given one minute for the actual scenario, although you will have five to ten minutes for preparation after you are given your company information.

Finally, everyone forms a long line and one person at a time turns around to simulate a customer walking into the bank. The next person in line should greet, smile, give their name, shake hands and say "welcome to Wells Fargo" as this is a buzz phrase for them. You will pretend to complete their transaction and then thank them for their business. Then the person acting as the teller will turn around and be the customer for the next interviewee in line.

They go over a bit about the company and open the floor to questions. It's a good idea to be a volunteer for anything if they ask for volunteers. This interview is not for someone who wants to sit quietly and answer the questions asked. Due to the high-sales-paced environment, they are searching for candidates that are outgoing and don't mind hearing "no" to their sales pitch.

Once interviewed, the managers convene and determine who they will interview 1 on 1. In this interview, they ask questions surrounding behavior, cash-handling, and they go piece by piece through your resume asking about any gaps in employment or pertinent skills you have listed. They will generally extend an offer right there after the 1 on 1 interview if they are pleased with the outcome.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
  • If you were trying your hardest to meet your sales goals but still coming up short, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very competitive on wages. I didn't feel the need to negotiate, and I would imagine that negotiation would be difficult and possibly damaging to your offer.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!