Wells Fargo Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was called to schedule a face to face with multiple branches in the area. I attended, and three days later I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Reno, NV).

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. You apply online through the Wells Fargo career site. Once you answer a couple questions about your availability, experience etc., you will receive an email for a group interview. Clear that, you will then interview with the lead teller and supervisor at the branch of where you would like to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Bernardino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

May 29th I filled out my application online , once I was finished I recieved an email that said I had to wait for an online screening process for my application and it would take about 24 hours but it only took about 2 hours to complete . May 30th I took my skills test online which I had 48 hours to complete and it took me about 15 minutes to complete . June 1st I recieved an email telling me to pick a date which I would like to go for my interview and I picked June 10th because it was an early interview time (9:00am-11:00am) had to be there 10-15 minutes early , don't know why but they opened up the doors later than 9 because our interviewer had a phone call . It was a group interview for 10 people but only 8 people showed up . The interview lasted until 10:30am instead of 11am

Interview Questions

• Name the most professional achievement you've recieved . What did you fear and how did you over come it? What did you learn about yourself ?   1 Answer
    • What is a significant goal you achieved and how did you achieve it ? How long did it take ? It doesn't have to be work related it can be a personal goal if you'd like   1 Answer
    • Name a time you dealt with an angry customer and how did you retain them ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled the application and submitted. I received a email saying that you'll receive a screening within 24 hrs. I do the screen, it's fairly simple and it will say, you passed and give you interview times for what's available. It is your best interest to take what is what ever is available first! Bring a resume that is in neat condition and a note pad. I go to the interview with HR and it's a group interview. He asked, for to say something about your self, what was a goal that you accomplish and what was difficult about it and when was a time you helped a customer. STAY PROFESSIONAL DONT GIVE PERSONAL STORIES! So after asked all of us the questions, he opened for questions. If the position you applied for was filled, they'll work with what beach is closest to you. So he called me 20 minutes later that and said i advance to the second phase (meeting with a manager at the bank) typically wait 24/48 hours to get call for a branch interview. I get to the branch and met with a manager and she told me to wait for a call back because they have to leave the position open for 45days. I was turned down because I was not bilingual. Before you apply to a different open position they have to turn you down so be patient

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

You will get a phone call from a recruiter and you will be asked some questions. Once you get through that process you may get another interview with one of the managers from the location you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions will be based on how you handle hard situations with other people. Also it will be important to mention how you work with other people. Keep in mind you will be interacting with people all day long.   11 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, after a week or so I received an email to schedule the group interview, 7 person was in the room and after introduction recruiter starts to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest achievement you have achieved? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself. Why do you want work for Wells fargo as a bank teller?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Layton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Layton, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 15 applicants. It took about 2 hours. They started out by telling us all the benefits of working at Wells Fargo and why they are a great company. Be sure to dress professional.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

They asked me standard interview questions like, "What would you do if you found out a co-worker was stealing?" and "Are you good at counting and being responsible?". They also asked me what my biggest strengths and weaknesses were.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been caught not doing what you're supposed to?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

You have to apply online and then if you pass a short online process you get to go to a group interview. This interview isn't with branch managers though it's with a hiring person. If you pass this interview you get to go to an interview at the branch level. Mine was a group interview with four branches present.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more and they said no, take it or leave it

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Had to pass the group interviews twice and have gone to multiple locations for smaller interviews. Hopefully I'll Get a call back. Have another interview soon. Definitely mention your customer and sales experience.