Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting application you will get an email with screening questions. They are really easy as they are based on how many years you have of experience of Customer service and selling experience. If you pass you will get a screen where you will be able to pick an interview time which will be conducted as a group.
Your group will be from anything from 5-10 max. people. You will get ask 3 questions such topics as customer service, selling goal and accomplishments.
If you pass your group interview then your information will be passed down to the branch you applied to. From there you will get a call to set up interview and well they will. have about 6questions. Then its up to the Branch manager to decide which candidate best fits his location. So good luck ! be relax and stay true to yourself

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above beyong for a customer?
What has been your biggest accomplishment? How did you do acheive it ? What was the outcome ?
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Group interview first with 5 other people, then did the one on one interview at the desired branch with the service manager then waited to see if i was hired and heard back within a week.

Interview Question – What would I do if I was out of balance by 500 dollars?   View Answer

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting an application online, you have to take a quick online screening test (which is really easy and straightforward). I passed the screening and within two days received an email to schedule a group interview time, which was about three days later. There was only one interviewer and 9 other applicants at my group interview. Luckily I did not have to go through the teller role play or any other of the scenarios I had heard were possible for teller interviews. The interviewer only asked three main questions:

1) Introductory question (tell me about your work/educational history, why WF bank teller position, career goals)

2) Tell me about a time you had to reach a sales goal (how did you do it, what challenges were there, what was the outcome)

3) Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer (how did you handle it, what was the outcome)

So basically they are only looking for behavioral answers in the group interview. Each person answered by raising their hand and being called upon. I highly recommend not waiting until the end to raise your hand, as they are explicitly looking for leadership qualities. The interview wrapped up with a presentation about the benefits of working for WF and more information about the company in general. It was about an hour and a half in length. If the interviewer believed you were the most qualified for the position, you would receive a call within a few days, or an email otherwise. Unfortunately, there were many candidates at my interview that had previous banking experience (whereas I did not), so I did not receive a position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to reach a sales goal (I didn't have any explicit sales goals at my previous job, so I had to reach a bit to answer this question)   Answer Question

Bank Teller

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I had 3 steps interview, phone, skill and math test, and two interviews with head manager and my branch manager.

Interview Question – How you deal with difficult people?   View Answers (3)

Very Easy Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application through Wells Fargo's website. I immediately received an email asking me to choose an interview date and location the next week. I attended a group interview at the nearest location. The interview was held in a conference room at a large oval table. There was one interviewer and about 12 interviewees. She asked a few questions and we each took turns answering. She asked about past positions and what we wanted to do in the future. As well as, past situations where we excelled. One hour after the interview I received a phone call to return for a second individual interview the same day. The second interview was more in depth questions about sales experience and customer service in my past jobs. It was very laid back. At the end of the interview I was told they would call me back if I got the job.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The standard starting wage was $10.50 and I recieved $10.75, probably because my previous wage was $12/hour.

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Online assesment phone call then interview

Interview Question – easy questions   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application online then directed to a pre-screening. Once I finished pre-screening I was immediately taken to a page where I picked an appointment time for a group interview which was he next day. Attended group interview where you basically learn more about the company and the position, and you describe yourself in 2 minutes. We filled out a questionnaire and we're given a folder with some basic information.

The next day I was scheduled another interview at the branch with the branch manager and the service counter manager. Questions asked were basic behavioral questions, but it seemed enthusiasm and customer service are the main concerns. By two questions in the manager basically told me she wanted to hire me.

I smiled a lot and always referred almost every question to excellent customer service since I did not really have much sales experience.

I received a call a week later and was offered the position.

Interview Question – Role play of an upset customer. I played the teller and the service manager played the customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy and comfortable. I applied online, within 24 hours after applying I was told I needed to fill out an assessment. Immediately, after I completed my assessment, I was scheduled for a group interview. After I passed the group interview (which by the way, was out of 10 candidates) I did a one on one interview and shortly after was extended an offer to join the company.

Interview Question – All of the questions where very simple and standard questions.   View Answer

Marlton, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online followed by a group interview. You meet several other people at the group interview and learn about the company. You fill out a form and answer two questions from the interviewer. After the group interview I got an e-mail and currently waiting for a 2nd interview.

Interview Question – The two questions were very general.   View Answer

Port Orange, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – There were four initial interviews before I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What is your most satisfying achievement?   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!