Wells Fargo Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.4

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The interview was extremely easy. There was a group interview of about 15 people. Just asked very simple questions about your work history. Tip: Just be yourself!!! Also please make sure that you dress the part, such as you need to wear a suit or suit skirt. You need to always look professional at all times when you have interview such as this one.

Interview Questions
  • I would say the only thing that was unexpected was how we went about the group interview. The recruiter did not call out names for us to answer questions. The recruiter let us choose who should go first and so on. I just was calm and look a little longer than expected.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulare, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulare, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

Applied online at the wells fargo site, from there They sent me a link to take a online assesment, once I passed the assesment I was sent a link to scehdule a date and time for a group interview. During the group interview there were 10-12 others with me and 1 recruiter she asked us a total of 3 questions Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What was the outcome? and tell me about a time you achieved a personal goal? we all took turns answering each question, then after we all finished she gave us information on the teller position and filled out additional paperwork on availability and which location we had preferred. After that the recruiter explains that she will call within one week to let us know if we passed the group interview. I passed the group interview and was then scheduled for a face to face interview with the branch I was looking to be interviewed at, I was interviewed by 3 of the branch managers and they asked me more questions on customer service, sales experience, ect. They will then let you know if you are hired or not I am still waiting for a reply I just interviewed today.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe something Positive about you in one word what would it be ? And negative   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I first filled out the application online, went through the assessment test, got an email for the interview which was a group interview of about 12 candidates all for different locations. The interview went very well the recruiter was very nice and welcoming made you feel comfortable. You watch a video fill out another application and then she asked the group about 4 questions all related to your past work experience. Make sure to participate and think about your answers before answering.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you went above and beyond with customer service ? Name a time you set a sales goal and accomplished it, how did you do it ? Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo ?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

After submitting application you will get an email with screening questions. They are really easy as they are based on how many years you have of experience of Customer service and selling experience. If you pass you will get a screen where you will be able to pick an interview time which will be conducted as a group.
    Your group will be from anything from 5-10 max. people. You will get ask 3 questions such topics as customer service, selling goal and accomplishments.
    If you pass your group interview then your information will be passed down to the branch you applied to. From there you will get a call to set up interview and well they will. have about 6questions. Then its up to the Branch manager to decide which candidate best fits his location. So good luck ! be relax and stay true to yourself

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above beyong for a customer?
      What has been your biggest accomplishment? How did you do acheive it ? What was the outcome ?
        Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Group interview first with 5 other people, then did the one on one interview at the desired branch with the service manager then waited to see if i was hired and heard back within a week.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I was out of balance by 500 dollars?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2014.

After submitting an application online, you have to take a quick online screening test (which is really easy and straightforward). I passed the screening and within two days received an email to schedule a group interview time, which was about three days later. There was only one interviewer and 9 other applicants at my group interview. Luckily I did not have to go through the teller role play or any other of the scenarios I had heard were possible for teller interviews. The interviewer only asked three main questions:

1) Introductory question (tell me about your work/educational history, why WF bank teller position, career goals)

2) Tell me about a time you had to reach a sales goal (how did you do it, what challenges were there, what was the outcome)

3) Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer (how did you handle it, what was the outcome)

So basically they are only looking for behavioral answers in the group interview. Each person answered by raising their hand and being called upon. I highly recommend not waiting until the end to raise your hand, as they are explicitly looking for leadership qualities. The interview wrapped up with a presentation about the benefits of working for WF and more information about the company in general. It was about an hour and a half in length. If the interviewer believed you were the most qualified for the position, you would receive a call within a few days, or an email otherwise. Unfortunately, there were many candidates at my interview that had previous banking experience (whereas I did not), so I did not receive a position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to reach a sales goal (I didn't have any explicit sales goals at my previous job, so I had to reach a bit to answer this question)   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I had 3 steps interview, phone, skill and math test, and two interviews with head manager and my branch manager.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

I submitted an online application through Wells Fargo's website. I immediately received an email asking me to choose an interview date and location the next week. I attended a group interview at the nearest location. The interview was held in a conference room at a large oval table. There was one interviewer and about 12 interviewees. She asked a few questions and we each took turns answering. She asked about past positions and what we wanted to do in the future. As well as, past situations where we excelled. One hour after the interview I received a phone call to return for a second individual interview the same day. The second interview was more in depth questions about sales experience and customer service in my past jobs. It was very laid back. At the end of the interview I was told they would call me back if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was a very basic interview.   Answer Question
    The standard starting wage was $10.50 and I recieved $10.75, probably because my previous wage was $12/hour.

Bank Teller Interview

Online assesment phone call then interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Filled out application online then directed to a pre-screening. Once I finished pre-screening I was immediately taken to a page where I picked an appointment time for a group interview which was he next day. Attended group interview where you basically learn more about the company and the position, and you describe yourself in 2 minutes. We filled out a questionnaire and we're given a folder with some basic information.

The next day I was scheduled another interview at the branch with the branch manager and the service counter manager. Questions asked were basic behavioral questions, but it seemed enthusiasm and customer service are the main concerns. By two questions in the manager basically told me she wanted to hire me.

I smiled a lot and always referred almost every question to excellent customer service since I did not really have much sales experience.

I received a call a week later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Role play of an upset customer. I played the teller and the service manager played the customer.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!