Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting an application online, you have to take a quick online screening test (which is really easy and straightforward). I passed the screening and within two days received an email to schedule a group interview time, which was about three days later. There was only one interviewer and 9 other applicants at my group interview. Luckily I did not have to go through the teller role play or any other of the scenarios I had heard were possible for teller interviews. The interviewer only asked three main questions:

1) Introductory question (tell me about your work/educational history, why WF bank teller position, career goals)

2) Tell me about a time you had to reach a sales goal (how did you do it, what challenges were there, what was the outcome)

3) Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer (how did you handle it, what was the outcome)

So basically they are only looking for behavioral answers in the group interview. Each person answered by raising their hand and being called upon. I highly recommend not waiting until the end to raise your hand, as they are explicitly looking for leadership qualities. The interview wrapped up with a presentation about the benefits of working for WF and more information about the company in general. It was about an hour and a half in length. If the interviewer believed you were the most qualified for the position, you would receive a call within a few days, or an email otherwise. Unfortunately, there were many candidates at my interview that had previous banking experience (whereas I did not), so I did not receive a position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to reach a sales goal (I didn't have any explicit sales goals at my previous job, so I had to reach a bit to answer this question)   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I had 3 steps interview, phone, skill and math test, and two interviews with head manager and my branch manager.

Interview Question – How you deal with difficult people?   View Answers (3)

Very Easy Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application through Wells Fargo's website. I immediately received an email asking me to choose an interview date and location the next week. I attended a group interview at the nearest location. The interview was held in a conference room at a large oval table. There was one interviewer and about 12 interviewees. She asked a few questions and we each took turns answering. She asked about past positions and what we wanted to do in the future. As well as, past situations where we excelled. One hour after the interview I received a phone call to return for a second individual interview the same day. The second interview was more in depth questions about sales experience and customer service in my past jobs. It was very laid back. At the end of the interview I was told they would call me back if I got the job.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The standard starting wage was $10.50 and I recieved $10.75, probably because my previous wage was $12/hour.

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Online assesment phone call then interview

Interview Question – easy questions   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application online then directed to a pre-screening. Once I finished pre-screening I was immediately taken to a page where I picked an appointment time for a group interview which was he next day. Attended group interview where you basically learn more about the company and the position, and you describe yourself in 2 minutes. We filled out a questionnaire and we're given a folder with some basic information.

The next day I was scheduled another interview at the branch with the branch manager and the service counter manager. Questions asked were basic behavioral questions, but it seemed enthusiasm and customer service are the main concerns. By two questions in the manager basically told me she wanted to hire me.

I smiled a lot and always referred almost every question to excellent customer service since I did not really have much sales experience.

I received a call a week later and was offered the position.

Interview Question – Role play of an upset customer. I played the teller and the service manager played the customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy and comfortable. I applied online, within 24 hours after applying I was told I needed to fill out an assessment. Immediately, after I completed my assessment, I was scheduled for a group interview. After I passed the group interview (which by the way, was out of 10 candidates) I did a one on one interview and shortly after was extended an offer to join the company.

Interview Question – All of the questions where very simple and standard questions.   View Answer

Marlton, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online followed by a group interview. You meet several other people at the group interview and learn about the company. You fill out a form and answer two questions from the interviewer. After the group interview I got an e-mail and currently waiting for a 2nd interview.

Interview Question – The two questions were very general.   View Answer

Port Orange, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – There were four initial interviews before I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What is your most satisfying achievement?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – 1) Applied online
2) Immediately go routed to a group interview date and you have to click yes or no
3) group interview with about 10 other people with HR representative
4) manager called to set up meeting
5) interview with manager said she would call me the week after but didn't so I thought I didn't get the position
6) got a call a couple of weeks later by HR saying that I didn't get the part time position but that the location wanted to offer me a full time position instead and I accepted

Interview Question – What is your most significant sales or accomplishment? (in both the group interview and one on one with the manager)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – $10 an hour Non Negotiable

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview

Interview Questions

• Descibe yourself and why wells fargo   View Answer
  • tell me a time when you had to defuse a situation and what happened   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Bank Teller interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.