Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – I went on one interview in transition from wachovia to wells fargo. The interview was a joke and I was called and offered the job on my way home which 25 minutes away at the time. I believe I had interviewed with the district manager as well as a branch manager of some sort.

Interview Question – Asked me if I was low on my lending goal for the month and only had a week to go what would I do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If the recruiter tells you this is the offer and I can't negotiate it. Tell her to call the person who can negotiate it tell them what I said then call me back and tell me what they said. Repeat as necessary.

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interview Details – the process included several intrerviews

Interview Question – please tell us about your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there as no negotiation phase

Very Easy Interview

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

Interview Details – Emailed reply to ad, they emailed response, I emailed back, they called, did phone interview, went in for 1:1 interview, then brief phone interview 2 days later. Was just background check and email forms & paperwork after that.

Interview was easy. They did actually read my resume first, which some employers don't do. They were looking to hire me when I walked in. I don't know if they do that with everyone, or if I just resume'd/phone interviewed well. I've been to other interviews where they're trying to weed people out, rather than get people in, and those weren't nearly as much fun.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As it was presented to me, "This position pays $xx.xx/hr." No real room to negotiate. Don't know if a better negotiator could have done better than I there, or if that's just how it goes.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

Interview Details – First you have to apply online, if you pass the test they will give you a 1-800 number to call, then you will be asked some questions about sales and customer service experience, if you pass that they will send you to a group interview. I am at that point right now...

Interview Question – Give me an example of your sales experience.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2008.

Interview Details – Meeting Face to Face, nothing to spectacular. Basically each branch is controlled by the manager so you are selling yourself to one person, that is it. No need to worry about second interviews the first is pretty much the one that counts. Overall a great place to work and a lot can be learned.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   View Answer

Arvada, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2008.

Interview Details – I saw a job posting for a banker online. I contacted Wells Fargo for an interview and they told me the time and place to be for the group interview. The interview was conducted in a very professional manner, but I was surprised that 6 others were also present for the interview, instead of 1 on 1. I thought the questions were fair. One complaint I had was there was no follow-up from Wells Fargo stating whether I was hired or not.

Interview Question – What is your greatest achievement in your lifetime?   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2009.

Interview Details – 1- phone interview consisting of general questions and was given a date for group interview. Took about 10 minutes.
2- group interview date was a month and a half later. There were 12 candidates total, one main recruiter speaking and asking the questions, and about 5 managers from different branches taking notes and listening. Group interview took about an hour and a half.
3- received phone call on the same day by the recruiter telling me I made it to the next step of the interview process and was given contact information to the branch that I wanted to work at for a 1 on 1 with the branch managers.
4- 1 on 1 interview date was one week later and I was told that I would hear from them within a week. Pretty basic questions, I felt very comfortable.
5- I ended up calling them to follow up a week later and was offered the position if I passed the mandatory background check. I was told it would take a week but it ended up taking 2 weeks.
6- received a phone call from the recruiter telling me my background check finally cleared and we set up a date for me to come in to fill out all the paperwork.

The only negative part of the process was how long it took. Almost 3 months from the phone interview until I was offered the position. Other than that, everyone was very nice and the recruiter was very helpful. She even told me that if the manager at the branch I chose didn't offer me the position to let her know so that she could set me up at another branch.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for wells Fargo?   Answer Question
  • Describe a tough situation you were in at your previous job and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
  • Describe some of your strengths and how you would apply them at wells Fargo.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Minimal education required
Many interruptions during interview
Interviewer had difficulty communicating in English.
Interviewer read questions.
Interviewer was unable to answer my questions.

Interview Question – How many languages do you speak?   Answer Question

Banker

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy.

Interview Question – If a man jumps out of a building willingly and is shot by someone on the way down, is the shooter responsible?   View Answer

Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter took 10 minutes. Manager and DM took 1/2 hour and were pleasant.

Interview Question – What would you change about previous employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!