Wells Fargo Banker Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2014

2.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Banker Interview

I went on one interview in transition from wachovia to wells fargo. The interview was a joke and I was called and offered the job on my way home which 25 minutes away at the time. I believe I had interviewed with the district manager as well as a branch manager of some sort.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me if I was low on my lending goal for the month and only had a week to go what would I do.   Answer Question
If the recruiter tells you this is the offer and I can't negotiate it. Tell her to call the person who can negotiate it tell them what I said then call me back and tell me what they said. Repeat as necessary.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

the process included several intrerviews

Interview Questions
    there as no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

Emailed reply to ad, they emailed response, I emailed back, they called, did phone interview, went in for 1:1 interview, then brief phone interview 2 days later. Was just background check and email forms & paperwork after that.

Interview was easy. They did actually read my resume first, which some employers don't do. They were looking to hire me when I walked in. I don't know if they do that with everyone, or if I just resume'd/phone interviewed well. I've been to other interviews where they're trying to weed people out, rather than get people in, and those weren't nearly as much fun.

Interview Questions
    As it was presented to me, "This position pays $xx.xx/hr." No real room to negotiate. Don't know if a better negotiator could have done better than I there, or if that's just how it goes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

First you have to apply online, if you pass the test they will give you a 1-800 number to call, then you will be asked some questions about sales and customer service experience, if you pass that they will send you to a group interview. I am at that point right now...

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2008.

Meeting Face to Face, nothing to spectacular. Basically each branch is controlled by the manager so you are selling yourself to one person, that is it. No need to worry about second interviews the first is pretty much the one that counts. Overall a great place to work and a lot can be learned.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arvada, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2008.

I saw a job posting for a banker online. I contacted Wells Fargo for an interview and they told me the time and place to be for the group interview. The interview was conducted in a very professional manner, but I was surprised that 6 others were also present for the interview, instead of 1 on 1. I thought the questions were fair. One complaint I had was there was no follow-up from Wells Fargo stating whether I was hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest achievement in your lifetime?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2009.

1- phone interview consisting of general questions and was given a date for group interview. Took about 10 minutes.
    2- group interview date was a month and a half later. There were 12 candidates total, one main recruiter speaking and asking the questions, and about 5 managers from different branches taking notes and listening. Group interview took about an hour and a half.
    3- received phone call on the same day by the recruiter telling me I made it to the next step of the interview process and was given contact information to the branch that I wanted to work at for a 1 on 1 with the branch managers.
    4- 1 on 1 interview date was one week later and I was told that I would hear from them within a week. Pretty basic questions, I felt very comfortable.
    5- I ended up calling them to follow up a week later and was offered the position if I passed the mandatory background check. I was told it would take a week but it ended up taking 2 weeks.
    6- received a phone call from the recruiter telling me my background check finally cleared and we set up a date for me to come in to fill out all the paperwork.

The only negative part of the process was how long it took. Almost 3 months from the phone interview until I was offered the position. Other than that, everyone was very nice and the recruiter was very helpful. She even told me that if the manager at the branch I chose didn't offer me the position to let her know so that she could set me up at another branch.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for wells Fargo?   Answer Question
    • Describe a tough situation you were in at your previous job and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe some of your strengths and how you would apply them at wells Fargo.   Answer Question

Minimal education required
    Many interruptions during interview
    Interviewer had difficulty communicating in English.
    Interviewer read questions.
    Interviewer was unable to answer my questions.

Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Very easy.

Interview Questions
    • If a man jumps out of a building willingly and is shot by someone on the way down, is the shooter responsible?   View Answer

Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2011.

Phone interview with recruiter took 10 minutes. Manager and DM took 1/2 hour and were pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about previous employer?   View Answer
    N/A

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!