Wells Fargo Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview then face to face. The phone interview was for half an hour where most questions were on use cases and my work done in past. Some were behavioral questions too which involved critical thinking. I would say know your resume very well as questions can come up.. Most of the questions were about how I helped stake holders understand the use cases. Go through situation based questions. Know the soft wares you used very well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation where you had to use your critical thinking in completion of the project   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask more than what you want

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online, got an Email back a week later to set up a phone screen. Spoke to HR recruiter. Standard questions. Best question was "why are you interested in this position and how can you contribute?"

Interview Questions

• Left field question about financial modeling. Not my specialty at all.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Short phone interview followed by a onsite interview with the team. Questions ranged from technical (how to forecast cash-flow) to fit. Somewhat of a relaxed interview process when compared to other analyst interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I suggest you go in knowing exactly everything you're required to know. They are sharks and will not hesitate to eat you alive. The meeting will last about a hour asking your typical job interview questions. Stay cheerful and on your toes and you will be fine. When they ask you, why do you want to work here NEVER SAY MONEY!!!

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone screen, then face to face interview, then face to face interview with hire up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

intense but good, called for a phone interview, after phone interview calle dfor 1 :1 interview, got the call very next day, was told there will be backgroung check which took arnd 15 days, got the offer. They are quick in responding

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

Got an interview through a staffing agency.
    First was a phone interview, where the interviewer asked bunch of BA task related question and I was able to explain all my experiences in last project. It lasted for 30 minutes. got the results by the evening through agency. Second interview was in person in the Minneapolis office on the following week. It went on for 45 minutes. Primarily role playing was done.
    Apparently the interviewer didn't liked me elaborating that I do not like to be unproductive and would always want to give my 100% + towards the job. Came to know about this within 2 days of interview.
    They respond pretty fast that was a +.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Application through temp agency. The interview was easy and the manger was impressed with my resume. The interview was more focused on the job type and responsibilities. The temp agency interviewed me before I had the interview with the bank and set up pay expectations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The agency took care of it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was very smooth and quick. I interviewed with four people, including the VP of the division that I was hired in to. They were very friendly. I first had a phone interview, and then they brought me into the office later that same week. I was offered the job within a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had a conflict with another team member. Did you resolve it? If so, how?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the job offer as originally offered. The salary was non-negotiable since it was done through a staffing agency.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview went very well. The interviewer was polite and gave me a good explanation regarding what business they were into and what was expectations from the position. Nothing outside of my resume was asked and I believe the idea was to evaluate me on the basis of how well I understood my work at previous employers.