Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online, got an Email back a week later to set up a phone screen. Spoke to HR recruiter. Standard questions. Best question was "why are you interested in this position and how can you contribute?"

Interview Question – Left field question about financial modeling. Not my specialty at all.   View Answer

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Short phone interview followed by a onsite interview with the team. Questions ranged from technical (how to forecast cash-flow) to fit. Somewhat of a relaxed interview process when compared to other analyst interviews.

Interview Question – How many golf balls can you fit into this room?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Phone screen, then face to face interview, then face to face interview with hire up.

Interview Question – Be prepared to give specific business case examples.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initially applied online and got a phone interview which was mostly about gauging my interest in the position. Few days later was invited for a group interview which was of more pressure due to the fact that there were numerous people going for the same position. Then invited to interview with two managing directors separately 1:1. The interviews were mostly behavioral with the exception of a few technical questions asked by the managing directors.

Interview Question – Why Wells Fargo?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring/interview process was very smooth and quick. I interviewed with four people, including the VP of the division that I was hired in to. They were very friendly. I first had a phone interview, and then they brought me into the office later that same week. I was offered the job within a few days after that.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you had a conflict with another team member. Did you resolve it? If so, how?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the job offer as originally offered. The salary was non-negotiable since it was done through a staffing agency.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got an interview through a staffing agency.
First was a phone interview, where the interviewer asked bunch of BA task related question and I was able to explain all my experiences in last project. It lasted for 30 minutes. got the results by the evening through agency. Second interview was in person in the Minneapolis office on the following week. It went on for 45 minutes. Primarily role playing was done.
Apparently the interviewer didn't liked me elaborating that I do not like to be unproductive and would always want to give my 100% + towards the job. Came to know about this within 2 days of interview.
They respond pretty fast that was a +.

Interview Question – What types of question you ask to elicit requirements   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

Interview Details – Met at cafe with the hiring manager and did a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – Describe your short-comings at your last job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was with the recruiter

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview went very well. The interviewer was polite and gave me a good explanation regarding what business they were into and what was expectations from the position. Nothing outside of my resume was asked and I believe the idea was to evaluate me on the basis of how well I understood my work at previous employers.

Interview Question – How would you resolve a dispute between employees?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – After applying through the Wells website and my university career center, I was contacted through my university career center about having a 1:1 interview on campus. There was a university alum in the waiting room to answer any questions about her time at Wells or the analyst program - she was incredibly friendly and informative. The interview was a straight forward behavioral interview questions. The interviewers have a list of questions and a form they have to fill out, so the interviewer took notes. The interviewer was enthusiastic and was an alum of the analyst program and was able to answer all my questions. She seemed genuinely interested in answering my questions and listening to my responses.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you worked in a group and there was a disagreement. How did you reach a resolution?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

Interview Details – how do you handle stress, tell me about a situation where there was conflict and how did you handle it, how would you go about learning the job, how familiar are you with tool and methods used in the job. The interviewer was personable and professional and communicated how the hour was to be spent (description of job, interview, then time for questions from me). I perceived the interviewer (hiring mgr) to be very supportive of new employees' learning curves and easy to get along with. I perceive that the group culture is also supportive based on a quick looksee of the office.

Interview Question – Interview questions ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!