Wells Fargo Business Banker Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Phone interview with HR first. Then an interview with the hiring manager. Prior to that interview, a HR recruiter sent me the Behavioral Interview STAR guidelines. As an older job seeker this threw me for a loop. Met the hiring manager the next day and their were no STARs questions. The interview went well, however, I was deemed over qualified....

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2012.

Online Application, Online Screening, Group Interview, One-on-One Interview, Background Check, Welcome to Wells Fargo. Group interview was with a handful of candidates ( four or five) Asked all of us the same three questions. One on one interview with branch manager, typical interview style, interview with district manager by telephone that was simple, just checking up on resume content. Concentrate on Sales and you'll do well!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2010.

I was referred by an employee. I was asked to still apply online which I did. I was asked to complete an online survey then a phone interview. Finally I did an interview in person with my boss and his boss. After the background check they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are you not proud of in your life.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate 10% higher than the first offer. I would advise you to just simply as for more money. They wont volunteer it so the worst that can happen is they say no.

Business Banker Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2009.

I directly contacted someone from the organization that I had previously met, and informed them that I was interested in a position with Wells. I got a call back from HR the following week for 2 rounds of one-on-one interviews. They basically want to know whether or not you can handle the pressures of daily, weekly and monthly quotas. From my impression of other Wells bankers that I had worked with, this is a very quota driven culture.

They asked the standard questions:

What are your strengths?
    Tell about a challenging situation
    What would you do on our first day of th job?
    What accomplishments are you most proud of?

Interview Questions
    • What would you do on your first day of the job to get clients?   View Answer

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!