Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview Details – applied on line and interviewed via phone

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had to maintain your focus in a changing atmosphere   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2010.

Interview Details – First spoke with the HR recruiter for Well Fargo. After the initial interview, I then had a panel interview with the hiring manager and his boss and another manager.

The first interview asked about instances and situations in your past such as: "Describe an instance when you worked on something, what did you do to make it efficient, What was the outcome, and What did you learn from it?"

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were under pressure to get a task completed. Why was the task stressful? How did you manage the task? How did you measure what you needed to accomplish and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was decent so no need for negotiation.

Charlotte, NC

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2009.

Interview Details – This was an internal job posting. There was an initial phone screening, followed by a 1-1 phone interview. The finalists were brought in for a face to face small group interview with the hiring manager and a project manager. They had a few work related scenarios and some general questions. It lasted about 45 minutes. Ultimately, salary was the most important factor in determining which candidate was selected. My salary requirements were too high.

Interview Question – Something along the lines of "How would you communicate a problem with your project?"   View Answer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – HR called me directly. I met them the next day for 1st round and then two more rounds ( mainly discussions ) and then they called me for Salary Negotiation.

Interview Question – It was mostly easy , for my post there was very less technical Questions,mostly my work experiences and if I was confident enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, Negotiation helped me get 10 % extra than what initially they offered me

Business Systems Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was found and matched up by INT Technologies - one of several exclusive agencies WF use to hire their contractors, it seems. After a thorough phone screening by INT, they revised and submitted my resume to WF. After a couple of days, INT was able to arrange an in-person interview with the hiring manager for the following week. The in-person interview went well, and I was offered the position a week later.

Part of what made my interview process effective and efficient, in my opinion, is the agency's very active involvement throughout. They just didn't match me up by phone -- they literally had their representative meet me onsite and walked me over and introduce me to the hiring manager (and brought donuts for the staff... nice touch ;-)). She apparently maintained a very good working relationship witht the hiring manager and had frequent visits. The hiring manager was also already stoked about my resume/background when I came in for the interview, so the interview was pretty much just a confirmation. This tells me the agency did a great job marketing me beforehand, then followed it up with a solid close.

I'm not taking away from my own qualification, which I'm sure was also a major factor in the decision. However, having such an active agent behind me took away a lot of the "stranger" doubt, in my opinion, that often got in the way of past interviews. Hope this helps!

Interview Question – I don't remember anything difficult or unexpected.... Just standard interview questions such as, "how do you manage your time and priorities", "how would you approach a migration", etc.   Answer Question

Business Systems Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2009.

Interview Details – My resume was submitted by a recruiter where I received a call for interview in one week of submission and asked me to come in person for a 30 min 1:1. The interview lasted for about 20 mins and mostly questions were around the technicality of the job as well as from my resume. Within couple hours of my initial interview I was called for a second round phone interview with the hiring manager after a week. In that interview the questions where mostly around behavioral aspects and based on particular situation. The very next day I got a call offering me the job and informing me that there will a week for background check and other paper processing

Interview Question – You found an error in a product about couple hours before go live, what would you do?   Answer Question

Business Systems Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – Straightforward approach, great interviewers, made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Perfect

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Business Systems Consultant interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.