Wells Fargo

44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Credit Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – very simple two step process. an ape could have interviewed.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation offered 30k take it or leave it.

Orland Park, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had an on campus interview with a Manager. I did a second interview with a store manager and didn't like her or the office. I knew a manager in a different district and set up an interview with him and then had a second interview in that district. They then told me that I couldn't work in that district and had to go have a 3rd interview with the manager that I didn't like and that did not like me. It went well and I was able to get the job.

Interview Question – Is it ok to break the rules to get a deal done?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I could take it or leave it.

Burbank, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had an interview with the branch manager of the specific branch and then another face to face with the district manager. Both of them asked me similar types of questions relating to my skills and what I can bring to Wells Fargo. Most questions were in regards to my client servicing skills as well as sales experience.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tupelo, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2008.

Interview Details – very detailed 1st interview with branch mgr.. structured and scripted questions ... mainly about prev accomplishments and what would you do questions..

Interview Questions

• explain a situation in which you were forced to take control of a certain situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • What are your best and worst traits   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Portland, OR

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online and contacted a friend within the company. Received interview from one manager and was forwarded to the district manager. Both interviews were fine, and the two managers were extremely friendly, yet critical. Be prepared to demonstrate leadership and cold calling experience, or at least relevant skills that would assist you in gaining experience with sales.

Interview Question – Why Wells Fargo?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Sales was not a good fit for me at the time

Tampa, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2008.

Interview Details – A few interviews, phone calls

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – none

Merrillville, IN

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2009.

Interview Details – Just be very outgoing and be very sure of your self. It is a sales job so be very talkative. They do not keep their word and they are unorganized because they told me they were going to call me on a certain day and they never did til I emailed them and asked them.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. Even though I should of because I am a spanish speaker

Puyallup, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview Details – I met the district manager at a career fair in Seattle. I then talked to him several times on the phone and through email about Wells Fargo Financial and he answered all of my questions. He then set up an interview for me with a branch manager at one of the branches.

The interview itself was 1 on 1 and semi-casual. It honestly took about 2 hours but I did ask a lot of questions about the company. The branch manager let me talk to one of the credit managers at the branch and I talked to her for about 15 minutes. She was very informative about the position.

The office looked nice. There weren't any real offices, but everyone had their own desks and work-spaces.

It did seem like I was talking to someone who worked in sales. At times he seemed distracted and liked to interrupt. He would often ask the same question two or three times in different wording which made my job difficult for fear that I was repeating the same answers over and over. All in all, it wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't an experience that left me wanting to work there.

Interview Question – How did you motivate a team that you were the leader of?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I read too many negative reviews about the credit manager position and didn't want to live my life in sales.

Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview consisting of questions about me and my background (from school, to sports, to education) and giving examples of how I've demonstrated a list of characteristics required for the job. Very relaxed interview no situational questions which typically aren't very useful anyway, more of just checking to see if my personality and attitude fit the job.

Interview Question – Give me an example of your leadership   Answer Question

Dedham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview by the Branch Manager. Met with him for about an hour. Started off very casual he asked about my hobbies and playing sports. Then asked about past working experiences related to sales. Very sales orientated and goals driven job. He mainly wanted to see that I was aggressive enough sell people over the phone. He then pulled out a list of situational questions in which he wanted to see how I would react under pressure and if Im capable of setting goals for myself. At the end of the interview he asked me to come back the next week to meet the District Manager. That was the same style of interview basically.

Interview Question – Give an example in your prior work experience of when you came across a problem and over came it.   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!