Wells Fargo CSSR Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CSSR Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The process was ok, first was a phone interview, second a group interview (be sales oriented) and finally one last group interview where they have you script read in front of managers and district managers.

Interview Questions
  • script reading wasnt that hard but probably the hardest part of the interview process   Answer Question
none

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmville, VA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2012.

online application, recruiter call interview, initial in person interview at branch - with branch manager and district manager together, waited 2 weeks for response, job offer with salary offer. training scheduled for 2 weeks as teller and 4 weeks as CSSR.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in "how ever many" years   View Answer
    i was sent a salary offer, but did not know i could have negotiated for a higher pay rate.

CSSR Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

The process takes a few weeks. I have only had the group interview and it took me about a week to know if i passed. After passing, it took another week to be contacted after reaching out twice to finally get an interview at a local branch. In the group they asked 3 basic questions. They are sales and customer service based.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done that was above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    They had a fixed payment that they present on the initial interview. It is pretty generic and consistent based on the position and location.

CSSR Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online. Received a call 2 days later. Basic phone screening. Asking about my resume,and just seeing if you are competent enough. Scheduled an interview. Spoke with a DM and his boss. Recruiter called again a few days later scheduling a branch interview. Spoke with the Branch manager and Service Manager. Another 2 days passed,then was called with a job offer. I was told that I would not know the training location until my backround check came back,and I was fingerprinted. All painless. They follow federal regulations so if you have any past history with crimes,forget it and move on. Another week later I was informed by e-mail that all my checks were done.Followed by all of the orientation info and training info. PRO TIP- focus on your sales backround,and dress like you want a job.(you can't over-dress for this one) Talk about what YOU have done in your past,not the team. They want to hear "I" not "we".

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Salary is generous.Plenty of time off,as well as a normal work week schedule.

1. Group interview
    2. Store manager interview
    3. District manager interview

Questions are focused on previous sales experience, cross selling, and one stop shop mentality. Culture of the bank is toxic and hostile. Expect no training or transition into your store after the corporate training. You go through a month of paid corporate training which is great. But once they send you to the store they say that everything you learned in training is wrong. Then they make you do illegal sales tactics that they tell you is grounds for termination.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

I applied online, few days later got an email to schedule a group interview. The group interview only consisted 2 other people wanting the same position. The cool part was that they applied at a different city than I did. First they have you introduce yourself and where you last/currently work at and why wells fargo. After they ask you a question about a time you gave great customer service and the next question was about sales. They wanted to know when you had a sales goal, how did you achieved it, and what did you overcome by achieving it. After 30mins the interview was over. We all pass and was told that they will email us with the next steps, They called me a week later and scheduled an interview with the branch manager. He asked a lot of questions about customer service and sales. After I left he called me 10mins later and offer me the job!

Interview Questions
    • none. standard interview questions about your experience   Answer Question
    There was not one because they offer me more than I thought I wanted.

CSSR Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied for the position online. The next day I received an email asking me to schedule the group interview. Completed the group interview 1 week later. And now I'm just waiting to hear if I move on to the next interview at the local branch. The group interview was yesterday and the recruiter told us we should hear something from them within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online, answered several questions online. Group interview 2 days later. All questions were STAR format. 15 applicants, about 3-4 of us did well. 3 or 4 days later a store manager contacted me and I set up an interview with her. I met with her and her assistant manager. They had some tough questions, but we all got along great. At the end they said I would now interview with the district manager. I then met with her. She was great, the interview was short, but she was also intimidating.
    A few days later I had a fourth interview with another store manager at a different store who was replacing the first manager I met with, as she (first manger) was getting promoted. That interview went well and 2 days later a recruiter contacted me and after a brief conversation I asked her when I could start. I had to be fingerprinted and pass a background check. Strangely, no drug test... I am now in training and happy with everything so far.

Interview Questions
    I accepted and did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

2 interviews. The first one is a group interview that lasts about an hour. The 2nd is an one on one which lasts about a 1/2 hour. Then they will make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • To be quite frank these where pretty simple/standard questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years? what are your strengths / weaknesses ? what sales experience do you have? are you punctual? As I said, pretty straight forward.   View Answers (2)
    There was not much to negotiate, they had set rates due to the economic down turn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

They asked how I liked school. If I knew about Wells Fargo. What interaction I have had with the company before now. If I banked with them. If I had friends at Wells Fargo. What my career goals are. If I felt like I would still be at Wells Fargo in five years.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a difficult customer how would you handle them?   View Answer

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!