Wells Fargo CSSR Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.8

CSSR Interview

Promoted since Teller, its worth it to be a teller to learn the process. Questions are very straight forward. interview can take up to 2 hours in branches. Just be yourself and you will be good. Best advice is to say that you are looking for a career and they will see you are serious. Many people leave because they are not looking for career and have no passion for banking.

Interview Questions
  • Selling techniques, sell me this blue pen.   View Answer
Would you like to work for WF?

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

CSSR Interview

Called by a recruiter. Recruiter sets an interview with manager. If manager likes you, interview with district manager. The branch manager looks to see if you are someone that can work well with the team

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure to emphasize sales experience and how to apply that to the position   Answer Question

CSSR Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

You apply online. They'll call you, may ask a few questions, may not but they'll schedule for a group interview. You'll be in a room with a whole buncha people, they'll only pick a few of you.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

CSSR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

The process was ok, first was a phone interview, second a group interview (be sales oriented) and finally one last group interview where they have you script read in front of managers and district managers.

Interview Questions
    • script reading wasnt that hard but probably the hardest part of the interview process   Answer Question
    none

CSSR Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

The process takes a few weeks. I have only had the group interview and it took me about a week to know if i passed. After passing, it took another week to be contacted after reaching out twice to finally get an interview at a local branch. In the group they asked 3 basic questions. They are sales and customer service based.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done that was above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    They had a fixed payment that they present on the initial interview. It is pretty generic and consistent based on the position and location.

CSSR Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online. Received a call 2 days later. Basic phone screening. Asking about my resume,and just seeing if you are competent enough. Scheduled an interview. Spoke with a DM and his boss. Recruiter called again a few days later scheduling a branch interview. Spoke with the Branch manager and Service Manager. Another 2 days passed,then was called with a job offer. I was told that I would not know the training location until my backround check came back,and I was fingerprinted. All painless. They follow federal regulations so if you have any past history with crimes,forget it and move on. Another week later I was informed by e-mail that all my checks were done.Followed by all of the orientation info and training info. PRO TIP- focus on your sales backround,and dress like you want a job.(you can't over-dress for this one) Talk about what YOU have done in your past,not the team. They want to hear "I" not "we".

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Salary is generous.Plenty of time off,as well as a normal work week schedule.

1. Group interview
    2. Store manager interview
    3. District manager interview

Questions are focused on previous sales experience, cross selling, and one stop shop mentality. Culture of the bank is toxic and hostile. Expect no training or transition into your store after the corporate training. You go through a month of paid corporate training which is great. But once they send you to the store they say that everything you learned in training is wrong. Then they make you do illegal sales tactics that they tell you is grounds for termination.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

I applied online, few days later got an email to schedule a group interview. The group interview only consisted 2 other people wanting the same position. The cool part was that they applied at a different city than I did. First they have you introduce yourself and where you last/currently work at and why wells fargo. After they ask you a question about a time you gave great customer service and the next question was about sales. They wanted to know when you had a sales goal, how did you achieved it, and what did you overcome by achieving it. After 30mins the interview was over. We all pass and was told that they will email us with the next steps, They called me a week later and scheduled an interview with the branch manager. He asked a lot of questions about customer service and sales. After I left he called me 10mins later and offer me the job!

Interview Questions
    • none. standard interview questions about your experience   Answer Question
    There was not one because they offer me more than I thought I wanted.

CSSR Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied for the position online. The next day I received an email asking me to schedule the group interview. Completed the group interview 1 week later. And now I'm just waiting to hear if I move on to the next interview at the local branch. The group interview was yesterday and the recruiter told us we should hear something from them within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online, answered several questions online. Group interview 2 days later. All questions were STAR format. 15 applicants, about 3-4 of us did well. 3 or 4 days later a store manager contacted me and I set up an interview with her. I met with her and her assistant manager. They had some tough questions, but we all got along great. At the end they said I would now interview with the district manager. I then met with her. She was great, the interview was short, but she was also intimidating.
    A few days later I had a fourth interview with another store manager at a different store who was replacing the first manager I met with, as she (first manger) was getting promoted. That interview went well and 2 days later a recruiter contacted me and after a brief conversation I asked her when I could start. I had to be fingerprinted and pass a background check. Strangely, no drug test... I am now in training and happy with everything so far.

Interview Questions
    I accepted and did not negotiate.