Wells Fargo CSSR Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and I received an email from the recruiter a week later. It was an invite only Job Fair. I attended right at the beginning and sat down at a round table with other candidates. I waited to be interviewed. It was a 1:1 interview. I passed the first interview and was invited back for the 2nd interview on another day. I did really well. The manager seemed friendly and liked my answers. However, I was informed that I would know in a week what their decision was. My husband was also interviewing and that probably ruined my chances. As soon as Wells Fargo discovered that we were married, they didn't offer a job to either of us. I received a notice in my email exactly a week later that I wasn't chosen. My husband received the same email. However, a few days later I got an email to attend another job fair. My husband never received another email. I decided not to attend the 2nd Job Fair. I didn't realize how strict they were about married couples working together. Other than that negative part, I had a good experience. Wells Fargo is very professional, keeps their word, and everyone is so nice. Maybe in the future, I would consider applying again. For now, I just got a job offer somewhere else and I'll stick to that company instead.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an angry customer. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, first is group interview with a recruiter. After that, you get a second interview with the DM and the branch manager for the store they have in mind for you. Easy process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame an objection from your customer?   Answer Question

CSSR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

very smooth and easy. just make sure you go well prepared and have your sales cap on. wells is all about sales and making sure their customers are very well taken care of

CSSR Interview

Interview

Promoted since Teller, its worth it to be a teller to learn the process. Questions are very straight forward. interview can take up to 2 hours in branches. Just be yourself and you will be good. Best advice is to say that you are looking for a career and they will see you are serious. Many people leave because they are not looking for career and have no passion for banking.

Interview Questions

• Selling techniques, sell me this blue pen.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Would you like to work for WF?

CSSR Interview

Interview

Called by a recruiter. Recruiter sets an interview with manager. If manager likes you, interview with district manager. The branch manager looks to see if you are someone that can work well with the team

Interview Questions

• Just be sure to emphasize sales experience and how to apply that to the position   Answer Question

CSSR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

You apply online. They'll call you, may ask a few questions, may not but they'll schedule for a group interview. You'll be in a room with a whole buncha people, they'll only pick a few of you.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

CSSR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The process was ok, first was a phone interview, second a group interview (be sales oriented) and finally one last group interview where they have you script read in front of managers and district managers.

Interview Questions

• script reading wasnt that hard but probably the hardest part of the interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Behavioral Interview. All questions are preprinted from corporate. Everyone is asked the same 5 or 6 questions. They are looking for specific examples of times in these situations, not generalized. They will never know if your examples are true, so form your answer based on the question asked. I had a phone interview, and a 2 on 1 interview with the store manager and district manager. I was told I had the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had an unruly customer, what did you do to control the situation and provide exceptional customer service." "Tell me about yourself." "Why do you want this position?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Greensboro, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

applied online on company website, Phone screening with recruiter and then in person with district manager. Recruiter called about a week later with an offer. I was then scheduled to start training 2 weeks later

CSSR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview

The process takes a few weeks. I have only had the group interview and it took me about a week to know if i passed. After passing, it took another week to be contacted after reaching out twice to finally get an interview at a local branch. In the group they asked 3 basic questions. They are sales and customer service based.

Interview Questions

• What have you done that was above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They had a fixed payment that they present on the initial interview. It is pretty generic and consistent based on the position and location.