Wells Fargo Interview Questions in California

2.8

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview process was quick, collegial and not terribly challenging. This might have been because they were desperate to hire new employees. They experience heavy staff turnover. The process starts with a phone interview who screened for minimum experience & skills. A 2 on 1 interview quickly followed (hiring manager and her boss) with a job offer within 48 hours.

Financial AnalystProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2015.

They were all very friendly interviews. I initially applied online in December and wasn't contacted until late February. There were two phone interviews with recruiters and one in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of five interviews with various levels of employees including the Executive Vice President of the group. The questions were largely behavioral, because they know you're still in school and that the internship is supposed to be learning experience. Overall, everyone was very hospitable and friendly, but I would strongly recommend you do considerable amounts of preparation before each interview.

Interview Questions
    • Only technical question they asked through the different interviews was to explain the three accounting statements and how they work together.   Answer Question
    • Describe a task you were given when you completely missed your deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project you completed that you think aligns with the job description of the internship.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team where there was a lot of disagreements, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay in touch with the financial markets?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

The Interview was a long one, around 2 hour and a half. it was a group interview then you don't get that much stress because there are other candidate as well as u, so you have time to think about it before you answer to them.The interviewer was so nice and friendly. The interview process was very good itself.Very pro and good environment.

Interview Questions
    • what is The biggest accomplishment in your life and describe it how it effect your personal and professional life?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

Applied on Wells Fargo's website and got an email regarding the position. If they are interested, they will send you a form on the preferred location for the interview. After returning the form, they will schedule the first round interview. After passing the first round, they send you an email with the result in 2 weeks and schedule you for the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked three questions and asked me to provide 3 examples to answer the questions. The first is a time when given unclear requirements on a task. The second is taking initiative on a task. The third is going beyond the required on a task. The questions are fairly standard.   Answer Question

Wells Fargo Advisers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

no picky but pretty general behavioral questions. probably because it is the campus recruiting and positioned as an internship. the so-called interview is made via phone call, even though their office is not far away from campus. the process is neatly simple: they screen your resume and other profile on the university recruiting website and decide whether you are qualified. If you do, they will make the phone call interview which takes less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • which year are you ? in your previous experience, which would be the one that most represents your leadership or team work quality? what classes are you taking and will take before summer, when the internship begins?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

I have to fill the application online about 6 pages and attach the resume and after that they send the email and schedule for an interview , the first interview is the group interview and between about 5 or 6 people you have to dress officially and if you accept in first interview then you have the second interview with the manager of the branch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online days later got an email to set up my interview , went to the group interview with about 12 other candidates , had to answer three questions , and she read through a PowerPoint since her computer wasn't working. Told us they will let us know within 5 business days got called a week later telling me she will let me know when she finds a branch for me where I can apply at so now just waiting for that call or email.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • What was a goal you set for yourself and achieved?what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Your biggest accomplishment? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview process was surprisingly casual. I had 3 interviews in a month and the questions were easy. Felt like I did not perform quite well but got an offer that I finally declined.

Interview Questions
    • I've been asked about where I would see myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Salary below expectations

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online, took a test and received an email for a group interview the same day. I chose a time slot that was 5 days away so that I could have some time to prepare. I was pretty nervous about it since I had never done a group interview before and wasn't sure how to stand out in the crowd. Lucky for me, I was the only person scheduled for the interview that day. So the group interview actually because an one-on-one session.

The interview asked me a few standard questions starting with "Please introduce yourself and why you want to work for Wells Fargo", he then asked if I had encountered any difficult situations with a customers and how I resolved the problem. The third question was what was my biggest achievement professionally. I had prepared answers for all these questions, so I did pretty well. The interviewer then explained that he really liked me and implied that he would move my profile along. He informed me that the response could be longer than 5 days (max wait time for second interview.....if any) cause of the holidays. He gave me his business card and asked me to give me a call if I didn't hear back from them with 2 weeks. We then chatted for a couple minutes about holiday plans and stuff as a wrap-up. The whole interview lasted about 40 minutes.

I got a call from a branch manager the next day asking me to go in for the second interview. I'm very excited......haven't done the interview yet. I'll update this review with more information on it when I'm done with it next Monday.

Wish me luck, guys!

Interview Questions
    • If you spend 5 minutes on google, you will be able to collect all of the questions that might be asked at this interview. Nothing unexpected really.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

I applied online on 12/10/14 by making a profile & submitting my resume. I then had to complete a assessment to see if I was eligible to go on to the next step. After I completed the assessment I had to wait for group interview times to open. On on 12/14 I received an email to select a date to do the group interview on 12/17.

The group interview was very laid back, there was myself & 4 other ladies. The recruiter showed us a slide show with some info on the position & company. We had to introduce ourselves and explain a little about our work experience and then 3 questions were placed on the PowerPoint & we went around the room answering them.

After the group interview I was called a few days later & was scheduled a one on one interview on 01/06/15 with the branch manager & lead teller. This interview too was very laid back also. Asked questions from sheets of paper, all situational & behavioral questions. Make sure to smile, be friendly and push your customer service and/or sales experience. Then towards the end of the interview the manager had some of her own role play questions like, "How would you sell this pen to me?". Hint: they're looking for you to also upsell.

I received the call that I got the position on 01/12/15. I had to consent to a background check & do fingerprints. My background & fingerprints cleared in less than a day & I am scheduled for my first day of on training on 1/16/15.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Starting pay is the same for new hire's in my area.