Wells Fargo Collector I Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.9

Collector I Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2015.

Interview

Applied Online and got an e-mail for a phone interview a 6 weeks later , which discussed the job requirements and asked behavior questions and a review of your resume.

The interviewer asked me if I was available for a 5 week training and I said yes, she told me to wait for a call from the bank manager who would schedule the face to face interview at the bank location I applied at. Waited for a call , received no call from bank manager after 3 more weeks I guess I didn't made it to the next round of selection.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?
     Describe a situation where you handle conflicted

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position, a few days later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. About a week later I did a phone interview with a recruiter that went well. She told me that I would most likely get a call for face to face interview. About a week later, I received a call for face interview and was told to be there 10 minutes before my set interview time. I arrived for the interview 10 minutes before as instructed, only to wait another 15 to 20 minutes to be called in... The face to face interview was long and drawn out, some of the same questions were asked that were asked on the phone interview, which they had all your answers already in the computer, so they already knew what you were going to say. How do i know? The Interviewer made jokes stating he knew what I was going to say and that he has all my answers right in front of him on his laptop... The interview took about 20 minutes, a lot of the questions they asked were repetitious just worded different. Which I felt was really unnecessary for an entry level position that only pays $13hr. But i kept a smile and remained positive through entire interview. Needless to say I was never offered the position. Better Luck to the next candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation were you had a difficult task at work? What was it, and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Collector I Interview

Interview

Applied online 2 days later received an email requesting a phone interview. Had phone interview 3 days later. Recruiter said if I am chosen to move on to face to face interview they will contact me. A week later received a call to set up face to face interview. Interview with 2 managers asked basic questions, interview lasted 20 mins.. 9 days later received a email extending an offer.

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Fairly standardized process. Applied online for the position and heard back 4 weeks later on the phone from Wells Fargo recruiter. Went through screening questions and recruiter extended opportunity to have a face to face interview. Scheduled interview to be 1 week from the phone call. Arrived 15 minutes early and waited around 20 minuets after scheduled time until I met with hiring manager and department supervisor. Hiring manager read from a script of questions and wrote down a few things. Department supervisor didn't really ask questions only commented a few times. After interview was told I was last candidate they would be seeing. While walking me out, department supervisor implied I would definitely be getting contacted by the recruiter again with an offer. Sure enough was called next day by the recruiter with their offer to which I accepted. After that had to submit to a urinalysis and back ground check.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were morally challenged at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to get extra $1 an hour. It is part time work so take that for what it's worth.

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Mill, SC) in November 2012.

Interview

After returning a call a woman sets up a date for a phone interview. On the day of the phone interview a lady answers and was very nice but I began to "choke" during the process which I know kept me from going further to an onsite interview.

Collector I Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quite pleasant. The phone interview seemed very brief, but I was scheduled for an in person interview the following Wednesday. The in person interview was more comprehensive and I was nervous, but the interviewers were friendly and put me at ease. Questions were difficult in that they ask very general questions but want specific responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied on the wells fargo site , about a month before they contacted me . They called and set up a phone interview .. which were basic Q&A questions . I got offered to come talk to TWO recruiting mngrs the next day ! The interview process/ questions were situational questions . It was quick and straight forward and they made me feel very comfortable . They briefly went over the position again and told me the next step // they called me the following day to offer me the position !

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasnt any

Collector I Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Frederick, MD) in November 2009.

Interview

The first step was to take a telephone interview with a recruiter, at the end of which i was told that she wanted to schedule a face to face interview with the hiring manager and would be in touch in a few days with the exact time of the interview. During the face to face interview the hiring manager asked me several questions as to how i would respond to various situations and let me know of her exceptions. At the end of the interview she said she would be in touch in the next couple of days to a week. Around a week later the recruiter called me and offered me the job, at which point i asked if it would be possible to get paid $0.50 per hour more, and a few days later the recruiter offered me a job with a hourly salary $1.00 more then she originally offered (.50 more then what i asked for).

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a positive customer service experience you have provided.   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about 3 weeks later stating that they would like me to call to set up a telephone interview. I called and my interview was scheduled for later on that same day. On the phone interview, they asked me a few questions about my work history and background and discribed the job to me. After ony about 15-20 minutes, the recruiter told me she wanted me to come in for a 1:1 and that they had an opening the following day. I accepted the interview. The 1:1 was really a 2:1 where 2 managers asked me a series of questions that they wanted answered in the STAR format. Then they went over the job a little more and gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Three days later I got a call from the recruiter telling me they wanted to offer me the job, pending a background check using finger printing and a reference check. I start in 3 weeks!!

Interview Questions

• What do you feel sets you appart from the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of where you handled a bad situation well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate because they offered me higher than the starting rate, and higher than my asking salary.