Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Columbia, MD

Updated Apr 10, 2015

3.6

SAS Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

First you go over your resume and background, then they ask questions regarding your background and how they fit into the role. After your background, it's behavioral type questions "Tell me about a time when..." And you have to answer the question to the best of your ability giving the scenario, how you handled it, and the result. Often they came with a follow up question that wasn't even on paper to expand on the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had too much to do and couldn't get it done in one day.   Answer Question

Securities Administrative Services Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Most SAS Analyst IIs start as a temporary employee. The staffing agency will set up an interview with supervisors from WF which typically lasts an hour. The interview begins with questions about your work experience along with career moves and progression. The longest part of the interview deals with situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example with technology has deterred you from accomplishing your goals.   Answer Question

Securities Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview process is actually fairly quick compared to other companies in the industry. At first I received a phone call and was asked basic questions about my history and why I am applying. This was only about 10 minutes long. Two days later I was asked to come into the office and was interviewed by two supervisors at the same time. It was a group hiring process and there were around 6 other people interviewing as well. A few days later I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a better fix in our company than other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate as much as possible!!! Each position has a acceptable salary range, but managers will make an offer towards the lower end of that scale. Since annual raises are are percentage of your salary, it is crucial to start at the highest salary possible.

Securities Administrative Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in September 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview and one on site interview. They'll have a book of questions for me. Questions are behavior questions. While I answered the question, they will wrote down the answers. At least 2 people will interview you. sometimes are more

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in June 2008.

Interview

Interview began with HR. They call to let you know they want to interview you by phone and schedule an appointment. They have you give permission to check your background and your references. If all goes well with that, they schedule you to meet with hiring managers. The always do a panel interview. The questions they ask must be asked of all applicants applying for that position, they use a form to track questions and record responses. The like to get unofficial information on the applicant and don't be surprised is they try to lead their supporting questions to try and get you to reveal any issues they heard you had on your last job. Be prepared to state your case! Environment has been described by colleagues as "toxic" and I agree. This comment refers to the division that we worked in only. They track work errors for reporting and improvements but the managers WILL include all your errors in your evaluation and you will be placed on a performance improvement plan and likely fired. Division is made up of well seasoned employees and they don't take kindly to newbies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This went well. If you have the experience you can justify asking for more money as well as flexibility in your schedule if you need it. The more you earn, the more challenging your interaction will be with your peers.