Wells Fargo Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The HR representative was a great guy, very encouraging and engaging. However, the interview process was painful. The managers were poor listeners in both interviews that lasted more than 3 hours, answering and asking questions inappropriately. The opening speech that lasted more than 30 uninterrupted minutes was all about how important the managers were. The "personality question" portion was standard: "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond what was required" stuff.

Interview Questions
  • One of the managers asked this to me and a colleague who also interviewed:
    "Are you sure the title *fill in job title two jobs back* is really supported by the things you have listed here?"
      Answer Question

They aren't paying very well.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2012.

It was smooth first they call you for an interview then asked you some questions about yourself and past experiences good ans bad about your clients.

Anonymous Employee  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

The job was an internal posting but I was required to complete an online application and submit my resume. I submitted a functional resume for this job. Human Resources always does a pre-screening and then will recommend you to the hiring manager if you meet their criteria. At the end of every HR screening I ask what the next steps are, how long it will take for me to hear from someone and if they thought I was a good fit for the job. I always ask if they will recommend me to the hiring manager. In this case, they said yes. It took a couple of weeks to hear back from the hiring manager to set up an interview at another location. I went to the interview and a peer of the hiring manager showed up a few minutes after the interview started. The manager introduced him and said that he was there to observe and maybe ask a few questions. He had a copy of my resume with several items highlighted. She would ask a question, I would begin to answer and then he would interrupt me with something totally unrelated, such as "I see on your resume that you say you are analytical, what does that word 'analytical' mean to you?" He did this several times. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be answering his questions or hers. I looked to her for help but she kind of just shrugged her shoulders. It left me wondering if this was their tactic, was it planned, were they trying to get a rise out of me or what? The man was very rude the entire time. I kept my cool and answered all of their questions. I walked out of there very angry and I definitely didn't want the job. It seemed like the hiring manager wasn't a good leader and since I'd also have to have interaction with the other man, I definitely couldn't see myself working with someone so rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2008.

Phone interview and in person. Good situation because they needed someone right away.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about a specific regulation?   View Answer
    Very positive.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2007.

The interview process was skills and customer centric (external and internal customer) specific. The interviewers were friendly yet professional and asked no questions out of the context of the scope of the job position. Their questioning was presented in a direct and specific approach, but was not threatening and they allows ample response time.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging but rewarding work experience you've had?   Answer Question
    • When you face advercity, how do you deal with it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, because the package that was offered was more than I had expected to receive.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

had interview no offer but not giving up hope because i really want a job there and when i get it only then will i be satisfied....s

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

I interviewed internally. Process was very drawn-out. I got called within a week of applying and interviewed the very next day, but it took 4 more weeks total to find out if I got the position. This was much longer than the 2 weeks they told me during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you were innovative   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you didn't get the outcome you wanted.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Very efficient. Moved quickly from resume through offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were normal, text book items.   View Answer
    Painless. Transparent.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2008.

The interview was actually quite direct and easy. They saw my prior experience and how it fit in with what they needed. Plus, they needed someone right away, and I was available. I had to go through an agency this time, though I had worked directly with them before when they did not require the use of an agency.

Interview Questions
    • They were in the process of redesigning a customer facing section of their website, and wanted to know if I had experience with information architecture and user interface design for a large application.   View Answer
    There was no wiggle room to negotiate. I had worked as a consultant with them before at a considerably higher salary, but at that time they hired me directly rather than going through an agency.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!