Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

Interview Details – Received contact from recruiter two weeks after application was submitted. Interviewed with recruiter then hiring manager. Job was offered 2 days after interview with hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision and what was the outcome?

Explain what information is on a Credit Report

Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news to a customer and how did you handle it?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only spoke with Recruiter. You can only counter offer once. The counter offer from the employer is firm.

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – it was a job fair and it was an easy process

Interview Question – the interviewer asked me why did I leave my previous employer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Behavioral based questions - be prepared to give specific examples related to the industry. For entry level positions you must have the attitude to learn and want to excel. Wells Fargo looks for energetic people willing to work in a fast-paced ever changing environment with excellent communication skills regardless of the position. This is a customer focused employer and you need to be able to exhibit excellent customer service skills.

Interview Question – Transaction specific questions regarding potential scenarios (for underwriting positions).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Know the market and the current industry requirements. Base pay is low but when the market is hot there is potential for significant overtime hours as well as the incentive plan.

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview Details – Wells Fargo hires mass quantities of people, and has very limited training resources, and as a result many of their people in higher positions have very little experience in their roles. Everything moves very slowly at a large bank like Wells Fargo, it was two months before we even got desks.

Interview Question – What was a difficult time when you had to deliver bad news to a client. How did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They hired on the spot.

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and 5 weeks later I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. I thought this was odd because i had interviewed for 3 positions with Wells Fargo in the past and they had always been a face to face interview, then a second in person interview. The phone interview was a fairly simple interview with the standard questions ie. name a time at your current position when you were successful, etc. One week short of two months went by and I didn't hear anything. I figured I hadn't gotten another interview. Then I got an e-mail from a department manager requesting that I contact them to set up a conference call interview with two managers. So, the next day I was called by Wells Fargo and did a conference call with the managers. It was a very light-hearted interview. They only asked me 3 questions. I think one was to explain my work ethic. After the interview I figured there would still be a round or two of in person interviews. However, exactly one week later I got a call and was offered the job, which I accepted! I am so happy working at Wells Fargo. It is by far the best company I have worked for.

Interview Question – Name your biggest accomplishment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that in this case there was no room for negotiation of salary.

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Interview was set up via email. The interview was not with a hiring manager, but with another manager helping out the hiring manager. Met with 1 person and had only 1 interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It started with few questions about the resume, then about 4 questions from a list of standard interview questions- they were very specific in asking you to recall situations in your life. I believe this was unusual, but the employment offer was received via email about 4 hours after the interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a difficult decision you made where others were not happy with your decision.   Answer Question

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was standard. My first perception that the place was unprofessional because they wanted me to sign my offer on the first day (my start day) instead of at the time of the verbal offer. I stood my ground and insisted that I could not quit my current job without a formal written offer in place.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!