Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the Credit Analyst position and was contacted by ManPower (who are as selfish as it gets). It was with Wells Fargo here in Charlotte. The interview was fine, just was a bit unprepared for it.

Interview Question – They asked general behavioral questions at first and then this lead to straight accounting questions such as, what are the three main components of a balance sheet and go into detail about each one.   View Answer

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I was asked basic questions about financial statements, just walked interviewers through the main parts, and fielded questions they had about each statement

Interview Question – Where certain items from the cashflow statement flow to. It had been a while since I had taken accounting, wasn't prepared, but easy enough to think through   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details – applied through temp agency, got call back for interview the next week. You will need to brush up on basic accounting because they will ask accounting questions.

Interviewed with three people. They were all very nice/laid back.

Interview Question – How does net income relate to the balance sheet?
Name each line on each financial statement
Know accounting vocab
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. pay was fair in my opinion.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had a 30 minute phone interview after applying online. The top 10 candidates were called out of a few hundred applicants. They were trying to fill the position as soon as possible. It was a very professional phone interview and they asked detailed questions. I would say that if I was doing it all over again that I would have tried to prepare for the technical questions more.

Interview Question – If you were evaluating the creditworthiness of a company which financial statements would you look at and why?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2008.

Interview Details – Applied for different job; someone passed on my resume. Got phone screened. Interviewed with supervisor and one other co-worker.

Interview Question – What are you career goals   Answer Question

Credit Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

Interview Details – Relatively straightforward I got this interview after a staffing agency called me up for a temp job at Wells Fargo. The credit manager briefly went over my resume with me, didn't really go too much into the behavorial questions - total interview time was 20 mins tops.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty standard for the industry of banking. Despite being a big bank, Wells had a welcoming feel. Everyone was very warm and nice. Know your stuff for the interview, they will ask you tough questions. Know the history of Wells, the current economy, and the fundamentals of banking and finance. In short, be prepared for whatever they will throw at you. If you impress them, it could be a very good job for you in both the presence and the future. That is about it.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2008.

Interview Details – interview with 2 RM's and then called back a week later for a one on one with division manager. Offered position in interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, bad economy, took a paycut by 10K but the position was for a lower one and they created a higher one.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Credit Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.