Wells Fargo Customer Sales and Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You first do a group interview with the recruiter. If you pass you will get contacted for the 2nd interview with a "hiring manager" (branch manager), if he/she likes you you're hired. It can take up to 6 weeks for the recruiter to contact you. They contacted me after 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had to solve a problem with a bothered client.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Short wait time with mostly students. This is a sales quota job rather than customer service where you have to learn about the products and push them out. They don't ask much about previous experience but more about the overall sales strategy.

Interview Questions

• How do you meet your sales goals? Sell this pencil to me...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Two people will interview you in the same office. Easy questions fast process for actual interview. it Took two weeks for the staffing company to get a response. Background check took a very long time, more than any company I have worked for. Staffing company was not in li ne with the company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Interview

Initial application was done online. Questionnaire followed. I was emailed that I passed the assessment and needed to schedule a telephone interview. I scheduled the interview for the next morning. The recruiter called right on time. She basically asked about my customer service and sales experience. Questions weren't not difficult. After about a ten minute conversation I was asked to schedule a face to face interview. The interview was supposed to be with the branch manager and the district manager. The branch manager was busy so I only met with the district manager. She was very nice. Questions were asked in the STAR format. She wanted detailed answers and experiences were I took initiative. After two weeks of waiting I was offered the position pending a background check, fingerprints, and a credit fitness check. After a week and one day I was called with the official job offer.

Interview Questions

• I have worked in this position before with another financial institution so I had heard the questions before and nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. In my geographical area this bank pays pretty high salaries.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applying online was very easy. An initial phone interview was conducted, then the interview was scheduled with the Branch Manager and Service Manager. They asked very rudimentary, company-provided questions and seemed more keen on filling out the form than the actual answers I was giving.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard interview questions that are answered off a sheet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very slight negotiation was available.

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Camarillo, CA).

Interview

I applied online and the process took a few weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.
    Their questions are easy. If they like your answers, they will move forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO).

Interview

Everyone seems to be nice in the interview process; however, they are all in denial of what actually happens in the departments they oversee. Everyone at this company is in it for themselves only, and they will take the first chance to throw you under the bus for their career advancement. It is an awful culture. I don't blame head management because I strongly believe they have no idea what is going on in the retail portion of the company. It is the district managers that start all of this.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is non-negotiable

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview. I first did an over the phone interview screening process. I was then invited to be interviewed by the store management, two women. It was pleasant enough. No crazy questions or anything. All of it was fairly standard. Basic questions and standard discussion. I did wait for the interview to start for more then 15 minutes, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• I don't think anything was really difficult. The typical "Where do you see yourself in 10 years" kinds of questions and discussions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I did work with a recruiter person who helped explain the benefits when I asked questions.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Typically, they ask situation-based questions, for instance they'll say "tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer. How did you deal with it?"

Interview Questions

• I don't find the questions to be difficult; they are all very manageable but because they're based on past experiences it is sometimes challenging to recall specifics.   Answer Question

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Interview

IN year 2006 when I first started with the company, there were 3 steps of interviewing process. First, phone screen which consists of basic questions from the hiring manager. Second, if you passed the phone screen then you'll be invited to go to the group interviews and store managements from different stores will come in and interview you. Third, if you made it with the 2nd interview, you'll be asked to come in to the actual branch and have the final interview. ONce you're hired, you'll be placed with a 1 week training and then they will send you off to your branch.

Interview Questions

• like any other jobs out there, you have to be well prepared.   Answer Question