Wells Fargo Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and the process took a few weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.
Their questions are easy. If they like your answers, they will move forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applying online was very easy. An initial phone interview was conducted, then the interview was scheduled with the Branch Manager and Service Manager. They asked very rudimentary, company-provided questions and seemed more keen on filling out the form than the actual answers I was giving.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much standard interview questions that are answered off a sheet.   Answer Question
    Very slight negotiation was available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Everyone seems to be nice in the interview process; however, they are all in denial of what actually happens in the departments they oversee. Everyone at this company is in it for themselves only, and they will take the first chance to throw you under the bus for their career advancement. It is an awful culture. I don't blame head management because I strongly believe they have no idea what is going on in the retail portion of the company. It is the district managers that start all of this.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question
    Salary is non-negotiable

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

It was a pretty basic interview. I first did an over the phone interview screening process. I was then invited to be interviewed by the store management, two women. It was pleasant enough. No crazy questions or anything. All of it was fairly standard. Basic questions and standard discussion. I did wait for the interview to start for more then 15 minutes, unfortunately.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think anything was really difficult. The typical "Where do you see yourself in 10 years" kinds of questions and discussions.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I did work with a recruiter person who helped explain the benefits when I asked questions.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Typically, they ask situation-based questions, for instance they'll say "tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer. How did you deal with it?"

Interview Questions
    • I don't find the questions to be difficult; they are all very manageable but because they're based on past experiences it is sometimes challenging to recall specifics.   Answer Question

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

IN year 2006 when I first started with the company, there were 3 steps of interviewing process. First, phone screen which consists of basic questions from the hiring manager. Second, if you passed the phone screen then you'll be invited to go to the group interviews and store managements from different stores will come in and interview you. Third, if you made it with the 2nd interview, you'll be asked to come in to the actual branch and have the final interview. ONce you're hired, you'll be placed with a 1 week training and then they will send you off to your branch.

Interview Questions
    • like any other jobs out there, you have to be well prepared.   Answer Question

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2014.

I got called by a recruiter for an initial phone screening after applying online. I was then asked to come to a group interview which lasted about an hour and a half total and had about 7 other people.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Very easy. Like most companies you have a screening interview and if you pass the basics you usually get an interview with a manager. I only had one interview and found out within a couple of weeks that I had the position

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexander City, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexander City, AL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interview was very sales oriented. A lot of questions were asked regarding sales goals and and how to overcome customer objections. Prepare to be asked a lot of questions regarding your personal experience. Interview was conducted by branch manager and district manager. I received an offer 2 hours after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a customer that was irate. What did you do to calm that customer?   Answer Question
    I negotiated salary. WARNING: they will attempt to low ball their offer so don't take the bait. I was offered $27k but ultimately received a base salary of $31k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

I was promoted within but still had to interview for the position of course. The interview was with the bank manager (store manager as they like to call it) and also the district manager. I displayed to them my sales numbers as well as my customer service scores. They weigh your customer service skills just as much if not more than sales numbers.

Interview Questions
    • What do you value more customer service or sales?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable