Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.8

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a brief phone interview and then an in-person interview. This process was not very demanding and the people who interviewed me were very pleasant. One person was the previous intern (a student about my age) as well as two financial advisors. All in all, it was a pleasant process that did not give me any trouble.

Interview Questions

• What role does 2008 have in the stock market?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Several tests and work with a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important asset you have?   1 Answer

Loan Originations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was an internal employee with a previous ABL background, so my experience may have been easier than others due to internal connections. The interview process was not difficult, had an initial screening interview with HR, followed by an in person interview with the division manager, the marketing manger, the underwriting manager, and the BDO that I support. The questions were about my level of experience, what type of work I've done, and any questions I have. There was no case study or much of any technical questions.

Afterward there was a lunch and I submitted a few writing samples to complete the process. The next day was informed they were interested in extending an offer and two weeks later received the offer letter. Started 3 weeks later after moving.

Interview Questions

• Had a question regarding what the biggest risks the group faces given the asset classes they lend to.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was reasonable and accomodating.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

intense but good, called for a phone interview, after phone interview calle dfor 1 :1 interview, got the call very next day, was told there will be backgroung check which took arnd 15 days, got the offer. They are quick in responding

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Begins with an online application and resume upload. If you make the initial pass, an HR Recruiter contacts you to schedule a phone interview. The interview consists on sales quantity/type questions (e.g. how many cold calls/day, how many closed sales/week or month, average sales amount) as well as behavioral questions (e.g. describe a situation in which you encountered conflict with a customer and how did you resolve it). When you pass this stage, you are invited to a group interview with 20-30 other candidates for the PB1 and Teller positions combined. You sell yourself on why you should be hired as a PB1 and discuss your background, experience, etc. When you pass this stage, you are invited to a panel interview with hiring SMs (Store Managers), all who ask you detailed questions relating to why they should hire you as a PB1 for their store (bank). The SMs interested in you will then contact you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Wells Fargo is all about customer service, so pay attention to how behavioral questions are worded. They are looking for someone who has experienced negative customer interactions/conflicts to see how you handle these types of situations. You will run into difficult bank customers, even hostile ones, so being able to remain cool and smooth over the conflict and serve the customer as well as close the deal are critical. Think carefully before responding and be very specific. Another critical quesiton pertains to coaching as you will be expected to coach the Tellers to achieve more referrals and help each other make your daily quotas. Daily quotas are the center of this job and you will be critiqued after every customer interaction, closed or not, to learn what else you should have done to get more sales. All questions pertain to this core job function. so be prepared to answer accordingly. The questions/interview process itself is not difficult if you have the qualifications, but it is time consuming.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate the base salary only, which ranges from $32,000-$38,000 with less than one year experience. The payouts are unit/percentage based, therefore, not negotiable.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1) Applied online
    2) Immediately go routed to a group interview date and you have to click yes or no
    3) group interview with about 10 other people with HR representative
    4) manager called to set up meeting
    5) interview with manager said she would call me the week after but didn't so I thought I didn't get the position
    6) got a call a couple of weeks later by HR saying that I didn't get the part time position but that the location wanted to offer me a full time position instead and I accepted

Interview Questions

• What is your most significant sales or accomplishment? (in both the group interview and one on one with the manager)   1 Answer

Negotiation

$10 an hour Non Negotiable

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Group Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

On campus interview and then they made me do a case study. They sent it to me a night before I went out of town so I had to rush to finish it. Mostly accounting and financial stability questions in regards to a balance sheet income statement and statement of cash flows.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, received interview two weeks later. Interview was very basic - some behavioral and basic accounting questions. Was told I would be moving on to final round and would receive an email shortly. After following up two weeks later, it took them 8 more weeks to let me know I wasn't moving on.

Interview Questions

• If you had to make a lending decision based on one part of type of accounting statement, which would it be?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX).

Interview

When you first walk in, they have you make a name tag and grab three sheets of paper. It's a large group interview with about 30 different people sitting in a u-shape. There is the hiring manager for the entire district sitting at the head of the room with one or two store managers. The store managers will interview you on the spot, after the group interview, if you impress them with your group answers. The first piece is a questionnaire that asks you to write your name, job title and industry you work in, the skills that make you a good match for the company, any additional skills or certificates (like speaking another language), and whether you would prefer to work full time or part time. The second sheet has a list of Wells Fargo locations that you circle to show your interest in. You can bring a resume and leave it with the sheets of paper if you want. I suggest doing that to show you come prepared.
    They go around in a circle and have you read what you wrote down on your first sheet, and then they go the opposite direction and have you answer the question 'Tell me about a time you personally had a significant sale.' She tells you to answer with a synopsis of what happened, why it was significant, and what you learned from it.
    After everyone is done with their stories, she asks if anyone in the room has any questions for her.
    And that is it for the interview, unless you get offered a job through one of the store managers present.
    If you get chosen for an interview with the store managers, they will have you wait in the group interview room along with anyone else that caught their attention. They slowly call you back, one by one, and ask you very typical interview questions. Then they send you home and contact you 3 to 5 days later. Sometimes even more. The hiring manager always calls even if it is just a rejection notice.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell me about a time you personally had a significant sale.'   Answer Question

I had accepted another position elsewhere.