Wells Fargo

2.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research/Remediation Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

They do an initial phone screening, really basic. Then they will call and request a face to face. If they like you, you will meet with their manager and most likely be given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded a Manager's expectations   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a production goal to meet, and what did you do?   Answer Question

I declined because the offer was for $13 an hour with no bonus, which would be a 10k pay cut for me not including the bonuses I was previously making.

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Behavioral questions based on core competences. Long and drawn out. Almost a month after phone interview had personal interview then didn't hear results until almost another month. Use STAR method and be as detailed as possible. Be sure to answer every question and explain your accomplishments.

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Apply online, wait, get msg from HR scheduling phone interview, wait, get invitation for face-to-face interview (not too challenging), wait, get call from manager with offer. However, NO reimbursement for mileage to/from interview. No compensation for moving expenses

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or surprise questions. Discussion about previous jobs and how I did my work   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. Salary was set by HR for the position / job description. Salary was higher than I expected.

Document Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was scheduled an interview through a temp agency. I showed up to the interview 10 min early. About 6 different staffing agencies had areas set up for checking in. I checked in with my agency and waited in the waiting area with about 5 other people waiting to be interviewed. I was finally called back for my interview. It lasted about 15 min. I was asked very basic interview questions.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would your previous employer say about your work attendance? Describe a time when you made a mistake at work and what did you do to correct it? What is your definition of doing a good job? What makes you ambitious? What motivates you to be successful? Describe a difficult situation you were in and how did you handle it? What is something that you feel you accomplished in the last year? Tell me about your past leadership roles. You will also want to be ready to tell them about yourself and past work history and what skills you can bring to Wells Fargo.

After the interview, I was given a short tour. The job looked easy. People were in casual clothes just looking at documents on their computer screens and typing in codes. Some people were even using their Ipods.

This was a hiring event, so there were many people there for interviews. I would say I saw about 20 people there for interviews in the 30 min I was there. A lot of competition in the Des Moines, Iowa area. 13 bucks an hour for a chill job.

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

It is a pretty typical process. apply on the wells.careers website and either get a communication (you can choose call or email, i always went with email). Wells Does behavioral interviews so be prepared for goofy and irrelevant questions. I have interviewed all over this company and the behavior interview is always pretty simple, but the attitude varies department to department. Some were ice cold, and some were friendly to the point of having a "buddy-buddy" feel to them.

Be and dress professional. i would think this goes without saying, but apparently not. One interviewer told me " you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff people say in these things" after i couldn't help but chuckle at a question like "in your opinion, how many tardies and unexcused absences per month are acceptable?"

The hardest part, really, is getting the interview in the first place. This may be unique to the markets saturated with Wells Fargo jobs (Wells is one of the largest employers in my city), but a large number of successful job seekers have an internal reference within the department.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions can be pretty odd. If you are applying for an entry level position and have never done a behavioral interview do some research on sample behavioral questions or you might end up feeling like an idiot.

This is the question that baffled me, and i am no stranger to these things. This was for an entry level position:

"Tell me about a time you lead a diversity initiative"

Answer Question
    This was an entry level position in a distressed job market so there was no negation to speak of.

Loan Document Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

The interview process began with an interview with a professional staffing agency which I was led to because of an employee referral. This interview was rather informal and was more of a conversation than anything. The following day I had an interview with a Wells Fargo recruiter and it took place at their office at what was termed a "hiring event". This interview began with a description of the position and then the recruiter asked a few questions that were very standard. He also asked questions pertaining to my resume and work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to handle an upset customer or complaint. What did you do?   View Answer
    • Describe a time or situation where you had to bend the truth?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate anything.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Applied online at Wells Fargo careers site; HR phone screen a week later lasted about 30 minutes; one on one interview with hiring manager (about 45 minutes); offer extended and then must pass background check (including finger printing)

Interview Questions
    WF wouldn't budge on salary

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

Phone interview was for screening and then invited to a 1:1 interview a few days later. The phone interview was pleasant and cordial, as was the phone interview. It is a big company so there are some formalities in the process that you just have to understand and be patient with.

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Interviewed for 2 different underwriting positions. Telephone interviews on both of them and made it to 1:1 interview for one but not the other. Was basically asked the exact same questions for the 1:1 as the phone interview. Made no sense to me to ask the same basic questions (Name a time when you were faced with multiple priorities and how did you resolve it? etc...). Then I would be asked a very similar question which I could have used the exact same answer/example as the previous answer. Their questions were kinda strange if you ask me. I used to own my own business and have done a couple hundred interviews and I wasn't expecting these questions from Wells. Which is why maybe I haven't got a response back from them yet...

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you were faced with multiple priorities and how did you resolve that? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a very critical deadline approaching and how did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Home Preservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

I was hired through a temp agency. they called me in for the face to face, i was in New York when i recieved the phone interview, i completed the finger printing in New York as well. The process was really simple.

Interview Questions
    • When have you take the initiative to work outside the process to help a customer.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.