Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Loan Servicing Specialist II
Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions based on core competences. Long and drawn out. Almost a month after phone interview had personal interview then didn't hear results until almost another month. Use STAR method and be as detailed as possible. Be sure to answer every question and explain your accomplishments.

Interview Question – I don't remember but try not to be nervous.   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Collector
Urbandale, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very quick and hired on the spot.

Negotiation Details – none

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
West Des Moines, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Interview Details – One phone interview, one 3 on one, interview with manager and two up, one interview with manager and team lead.

Interview Question – What to you do to help cope with stressful situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it. No negotiations.

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Inbound Sales Specialist
Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview Details – It is a pretty typical process. apply on the wells.careers website and either get a communication (you can choose call or email, i always went with email). Wells Does behavioral interviews so be prepared for goofy and irrelevant questions. I have interviewed all over this company and the behavior interview is always pretty simple, but the attitude varies department to department. Some were ice cold, and some were friendly to the point of having a "buddy-buddy" feel to them.

Be and dress professional. i would think this goes without saying, but apparently not. One interviewer told me " you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff people say in these things" after i couldn't help but chuckle at a question like "in your opinion, how many tardies and unexcused absences per month are acceptable?"

The hardest part, really, is getting the interview in the first place. This may be unique to the markets saturated with Wells Fargo jobs (Wells is one of the largest employers in my city), but a large number of successful job seekers have an internal reference within the department.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions can be pretty odd. If you are applying for an entry level position and have never done a behavioral interview do some research on sample behavioral questions or you might end up feeling like an idiot.

This is the question that baffled me, and i am no stranger to these things. This was for an entry level position:

"Tell me about a time you lead a diversity initiative"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was an entry level position in a distressed job market so there was no negation to speak of.

Documentation Specialist Interview

Documentation Specialist
Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Apply online, wait, get msg from HR scheduling phone interview, wait, get invitation for face-to-face interview (not too challenging), wait, get call from manager with offer. However, NO reimbursement for mileage to/from interview. No compensation for moving expenses

Interview Question – No difficult or surprise questions. Discussion about previous jobs and how I did my work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Salary was set by HR for the position / job description. Salary was higher than I expected.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
West Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Interview Details – Mass "cattle call" interviews. It allows them the opportunity to interview multiple people for the same position quickly.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty average.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on salary, but they try hard to meet your personal needs as far as work schedule goes.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Clive, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – I arrived on time only to find the interviewer had not put me on the calendar. Some confusion ensued but the interview proceeded. There was also a problem with the phone system so we had to call an off site employee on a cell phone. It was hard to hear some of the questions coming form the cell phone. Interviewers had quite the attitude I've never experienced in an interview situation. Made me feel 'less than' them that was for sure.

Interview Question – There were a lot of 'tell us about a time when" questions. This was a position I could have done with ease and was looking forward to the opportunity.   Answer Question

Technical Service Specialist Interview

Technical Service Specialist
West Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was a contract position so the initial interviews were coordinated via the staffing firm. Both interviews were done via phone and seemed to be about 20-30 minutes in length.

Interview Question – "Name a situation which challenged your integrity"   View Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Accounting Specialist
Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online at Wells Fargo careers site; HR phone screen a week later lasted about 30 minutes; one on one interview with hiring manager (about 45 minutes); offer extended and then must pass background check (including finger printing)

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – WF wouldn't budge on salary

Document Processor Interview

Document Processor
Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I was scheduled an interview through a temp agency. I showed up to the interview 10 min early. About 6 different staffing agencies had areas set up for checking in. I checked in with my agency and waited in the waiting area with about 5 other people waiting to be interviewed. I was finally called back for my interview. It lasted about 15 min. I was asked very basic interview questions.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would your previous employer say about your work attendance? Describe a time when you made a mistake at work and what did you do to correct it? What is your definition of doing a good job? What makes you ambitious? What motivates you to be successful? Describe a difficult situation you were in and how did you handle it? What is something that you feel you accomplished in the last year? Tell me about your past leadership roles. You will also want to be ready to tell them about yourself and past work history and what skills you can bring to Wells Fargo.

After the interview, I was given a short tour. The job looked easy. People were in casual clothes just looking at documents on their computer screens and typing in codes. Some people were even using their Ipods.

This was a hiring event, so there were many people there for interviews. I would say I saw about 20 people there for interviews in the 30 min I was there. A lot of competition in the Des Moines, Iowa area. 13 bucks an hour for a chill job.

Interview Question – What makes you ambitious?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice in Des Moines, IA. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.