Wells Fargo

2.6

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research/Remediation Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

They do an initial phone screening, really basic. Then they will call and request a face to face. If they like you, you will meet with their manager and most likely be given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded a Manager's expectations   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a production goal to meet, and what did you do?   Answer Question

I declined because the offer was for $13 an hour with no bonus, which would be a 10k pay cut for me not including the bonuses I was previously making.

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Behavioral questions based on core competences. Long and drawn out. Almost a month after phone interview had personal interview then didn't hear results until almost another month. Use STAR method and be as detailed as possible. Be sure to answer every question and explain your accomplishments.

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Apply online, wait, get msg from HR scheduling phone interview, wait, get invitation for face-to-face interview (not too challenging), wait, get call from manager with offer. However, NO reimbursement for mileage to/from interview. No compensation for moving expenses

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or surprise questions. Discussion about previous jobs and how I did my work   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. Salary was set by HR for the position / job description. Salary was higher than I expected.

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Got in person interview through a recruiting company. Easy to find where to go, and was met by friendly staff. Had a pleasant, light-hearted interview that focused on career aspirations and goals for the future, personally, and for a company to work with. Hiring process went fine. It was sped up because they really wanted to fill a hole. Once I got on the job I realized the hole was there because the job was a soul-sucking experience. Had to get out as soon as I was able.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation in which you felt that you were unable to handle a task, and what were the steps you took in reaction to that.   Answer Question
    Was first job out of college, so I didn't think to negotiate.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clive, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clive, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

I arrived on time only to find the interviewer had not put me on the calendar. Some confusion ensued but the interview proceeded. There was also a problem with the phone system so we had to call an off site employee on a cell phone. It was hard to hear some of the questions coming form the cell phone. Interviewers had quite the attitude I've never experienced in an interview situation. Made me feel 'less than' them that was for sure.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of 'tell us about a time when" questions. This was a position I could have done with ease and was looking forward to the opportunity.   Answer Question

Document Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was scheduled an interview through a temp agency. I showed up to the interview 10 min early. About 6 different staffing agencies had areas set up for checking in. I checked in with my agency and waited in the waiting area with about 5 other people waiting to be interviewed. I was finally called back for my interview. It lasted about 15 min. I was asked very basic interview questions.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would your previous employer say about your work attendance? Describe a time when you made a mistake at work and what did you do to correct it? What is your definition of doing a good job? What makes you ambitious? What motivates you to be successful? Describe a difficult situation you were in and how did you handle it? What is something that you feel you accomplished in the last year? Tell me about your past leadership roles. You will also want to be ready to tell them about yourself and past work history and what skills you can bring to Wells Fargo.

After the interview, I was given a short tour. The job looked easy. People were in casual clothes just looking at documents on their computer screens and typing in codes. Some people were even using their Ipods.

This was a hiring event, so there were many people there for interviews. I would say I saw about 20 people there for interviews in the 30 min I was there. A lot of competition in the Des Moines, Iowa area. 13 bucks an hour for a chill job.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Mass "cattle call" interviews. It allows them the opportunity to interview multiple people for the same position quickly.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation on salary, but they try hard to meet your personal needs as far as work schedule goes.

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

It is a pretty typical process. apply on the wells.careers website and either get a communication (you can choose call or email, i always went with email). Wells Does behavioral interviews so be prepared for goofy and irrelevant questions. I have interviewed all over this company and the behavior interview is always pretty simple, but the attitude varies department to department. Some were ice cold, and some were friendly to the point of having a "buddy-buddy" feel to them.

Be and dress professional. i would think this goes without saying, but apparently not. One interviewer told me " you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff people say in these things" after i couldn't help but chuckle at a question like "in your opinion, how many tardies and unexcused absences per month are acceptable?"

The hardest part, really, is getting the interview in the first place. This may be unique to the markets saturated with Wells Fargo jobs (Wells is one of the largest employers in my city), but a large number of successful job seekers have an internal reference within the department.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions can be pretty odd. If you are applying for an entry level position and have never done a behavioral interview do some research on sample behavioral questions or you might end up feeling like an idiot.

This is the question that baffled me, and i am no stranger to these things. This was for an entry level position:

"Tell me about a time you lead a diversity initiative"

Answer Question
    This was an entry level position in a distressed job market so there was no negation to speak of.

Technical Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

It was a contract position so the initial interviews were coordinated via the staffing firm. Both interviews were done via phone and seemed to be about 20-30 minutes in length.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a situation which challenged your integrity"   View Answer

Research/Remediation Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

Given details about job, ask what type of work environment I work best in, advised that everyone currently in the department had been there for 5-25 years. Asked about process changes that had been involved in as well as my ability to foresee problems.