Wells Fargo Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I had worked for the company for a few years already in the same building in a few different roles with different departments. I knew the people on the team I applied to from some of my previous roles.

Interview Questions
  • They always ask situational questions like "Tell me about a time that you overcame an objection." or "What would you do if ....?"   View Answer
The base is decent. The commissions can be pretty big, especially if you are consistently a top performer.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Financial Advisor Interview

There was two step process. I intially met with the local manager and chated about the job requirements. Then I took an aptitude test and once I got past that I had a second interview with Senior Management. Well Fargo Advisors wants to make sure you are ready and prepared for what it takes to be an FA.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of the interview was that the realization your first 5 years are going to be a grind. If you are not prepared to go out and carve your niche out then do not waste your time with this job. Hardest question what makes you different all the other financial adivsors out in the market today.   Answer Question
    They sent you a number and you either accept it or counter. I always recommend countering the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Very professional and courteous. First class organization.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were business oriented and relevant. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    Businesslike, professional, and fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

Easy. Very relaxed. No tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to work 70 hours per week with no pay? (They weren't kidding)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2010.

The hiring process can be lengthy. You begin by meeting with the branch manager and ate given an aptitude test, of sorts. If your personality coincides with what they deem to be a match for the job you are the contacted by someone to answer additional questions, like a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are expected to "sell" your financial services in a mock sales pitch given to the interviewer.   Answer Question
    I had worked as a financial analyst on the team of advisors I was applying for so they used my current salary as a starting point.

Financial Advisor Interview

The longest hiring process ever. It all started in mid august didn't get hired in until the end of november. I went on about four interviews and a extensive background check. If you have filed bankruptcy in the past (which I did) they want a letter detailing why you filed.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Job interview was as detailed as it needed. Hiring manager had reviewed my information and knew that I had the necessary experience to be hired. Hiring manager was to the point and none of those esoteric interview questions. Was actually enjoyable and not grueling.

Interview Questions
    • No esoteric quesitons were asked. Hiring manager was direct and to the point. Was an enjoyable proceess   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

Obtained an interview through one of the regional recruiters. Submitted my resume and within 24 hours was contacted for an initial phone interview. The recuiter was prompt, polite and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't actually get asked any real interview-type questions because one of the first questions was when I would be able to start if hired. Since I couldn't start for another 6 months, the interview was pretty much over before it really got started because they were looking to hire someone for the position immediately.   Answer Question

I never got to an offer because they were looking to hire someone right away and I wasn't available for another 6 months. So, unfortunately, the job was never actually offered and I never got to complete the whole interview/hiring process. But, I was given the recuiter's contact info and told to reach out to him when I was about a month from leaving the Army and he would see if there were any positions available for financial advisors then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Showed up early and was hard to find where my interviewer was. He was a little late but was professional. Went down the resume and asked about my background.

Interview Questions
    • When looking at financial statements, what do you look at to determine who you would choose to lend a loan to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2009.

Started off with a phone interview that was very brief, and then a pretty standard 1:1 with the complex manager. Since I was young the main focus was on my ability to bring in clients on my own and start my own 'business'. After that they had me take a math test in the office and a personality test in the office. The math test was not that hard. Then I started talking to the phone recruiter and she did a role play with me.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!