Wells Fargo Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.8

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Hiring for advisors is done at the local level. I was recruited in by other advisors. For me it was one lunch and one interview. The longest part of the process was waiting for the official offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I had worked for the company for a few years already in the same building in a few different roles with different departments. I knew the people on the team I applied to from some of my previous roles.

Interview Questions

• They always ask situational questions like "Tell me about a time that you overcame an objection." or "What would you do if ....?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base is decent. The commissions can be pretty big, especially if you are consistently a top performer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

There was two step process. I intially met with the local manager and chated about the job requirements. Then I took an aptitude test and once I got past that I had a second interview with Senior Management. Well Fargo Advisors wants to make sure you are ready and prepared for what it takes to be an FA.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part of the interview was that the realization your first 5 years are going to be a grind. If you are not prepared to go out and carve your niche out then do not waste your time with this job. Hardest question what makes you different all the other financial adivsors out in the market today.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent you a number and you either accept it or counter. I always recommend countering the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Very professional and courteous. First class organization.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were business oriented and relevant. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Businesslike, professional, and fair.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The longest hiring process ever. It all started in mid august didn't get hired in until the end of november. I went on about four interviews and a extensive background check. If you have filed bankruptcy in the past (which I did) they want a letter detailing why you filed.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Job interview was as detailed as it needed. Hiring manager had reviewed my information and knew that I had the necessary experience to be hired. Hiring manager was to the point and none of those esoteric interview questions. Was actually enjoyable and not grueling.

Interview Questions

• No esoteric quesitons were asked. Hiring manager was direct and to the point. Was an enjoyable proceess   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

Interview

Obtained an interview through one of the regional recruiters. Submitted my resume and within 24 hours was contacted for an initial phone interview. The recuiter was prompt, polite and helpful.

Interview Questions

• I didn't actually get asked any real interview-type questions because one of the first questions was when I would be able to start if hired. Since I couldn't start for another 6 months, the interview was pretty much over before it really got started because they were looking to hire someone for the position immediately.   Answer Question

I never got to an offer because they were looking to hire someone right away and I wasn't available for another 6 months. So, unfortunately, the job was never actually offered and I never got to complete the whole interview/hiring process. But, I was given the recuiter's contact info and told to reach out to him when I was about a month from leaving the Army and he would see if there were any positions available for financial advisors then.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Showed up early and was hard to find where my interviewer was. He was a little late but was professional. Went down the resume and asked about my background.

Interview Questions

• When looking at financial statements, what do you look at to determine who you would choose to lend a loan to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Augusta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

Easy. Very relaxed. No tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work 70 hours per week with no pay? (They weren't kidding)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

The style of the interview was one on one. I was interviewed by the manager of the bank and mostly consisted of personality questions and previous employments. The manager was very relaxed and made me comfortable and eased the session more. The perceptions of the people and office consisted of a healthy work environment were the staff really enjoyed the work that they were doing.