Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – The longest hiring process ever. It all started in mid august didn't get hired in until the end of november. I went on about four interviews and a extensive background check. If you have filed bankruptcy in the past (which I did) they want a letter detailing why you filed.

Interview Question – why I filed bankruptcy   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

Interview Details – Obtained an interview through one of the regional recruiters. Submitted my resume and within 24 hours was contacted for an initial phone interview. The recuiter was prompt, polite and helpful.

Interview Question – I didn't actually get asked any real interview-type questions because one of the first questions was when I would be able to start if hired. Since I couldn't start for another 6 months, the interview was pretty much over before it really got started because they were looking to hire someone for the position immediately.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I never got to an offer because they were looking to hire someone right away and I wasn't available for another 6 months. So, unfortunately, the job was never actually offered and I never got to complete the whole interview/hiring process. But, I was given the recuiter's contact info and told to reach out to him when I was about a month from leaving the Army and he would see if there were any positions available for financial advisors then.

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

Interview Details – The style of the interview was one on one. I was interviewed by the manager of the bank and mostly consisted of personality questions and previous employments. The manager was very relaxed and made me comfortable and eased the session more. The perceptions of the people and office consisted of a healthy work environment were the staff really enjoyed the work that they were doing.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in three years?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

Interview Details – Military recruiter phone interview then had interview with VP of Financial Advisers and spent a few hours with senior agent, discussed the opportunity , typical day and the environment and culture.

Interview Question – Are you connected in the community?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – pay

Financial Advisor

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview Details – Two in-person interviews, one phone interview, one phone role-play interview. Personality and financial/math tests.

Interview Questions

• What niche will you look to for help in expanding your client list   Answer Question
  • How will you handle a prospective client who is repeatedly negative?   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!