Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

3.1

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Says a lot about the company that they sent a rep to meet with students and did not cut anyone through a phone interview or by resumes. Only one person interviewing - very standard questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the financial statements
    Time you worked on a team
    Do you want to highlight anything on your resume?
    What do you do to keep up to date with the financial world?

Answer Question
None

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

First round interview was pretty basic. I applied through campus and the interview lasted 30 mins. Mostly behavioral questions, plus the standard walk me through your resume. A few technical questions that you should be able to answer given that you took accounting and finance.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a proforma analysis on a real estate property   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Apply online at the beginning, follow the online procedure to submit the application package. The first round is phone interview, pretty relaxing more doubt person background to know more story about myself.

Interview Questions
    • what's the major contribution you would bring to the company   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online through the company website. I received feedback from the human resources department after about three weeks. After that I scheduled an over the phone interview with someone from the bank a week later. The interview itself was about thirty minutes, mainly behavioral questions because it was the first round. There was also time afterwards to ask questions if there were any.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Phone interview with technical questions and some personality questions. In person interview with manager and other Relationship Managers. Combination of technical and fit questions. The in person interview took about 4 hours between 6 people.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very detailed questions about Wells Fargo, the company including the latest stock price   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Initial on-campus interview, then a writing assignment, and an on site interview to follow. Took over 5 weeks to respond and the recruiter was very unresponsive over email. The interviews contained a few technical questions- all of which were based on accounting concepts. Mostly the interview is behavioral and they read questions off a script.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interviewed for both the Commercial Banking and Commercial Real Estate FA positions. Signed up through my school and interviewed on campus. Interviewed with 2 people for each position. The commercial real estate interview was a bit cold and definitely did not feel like a conversation. Wells Fargo's interview process is very structured in that the interviewers must ask a specific set of questions given to them. Commercial banking interview was extremely positive and the guys were very informative and passionate about their work and the Wells Fargo name.

After the interview, they informed me 2 weeks later than I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. Behavioral questions are pretty straight forward (tell me about a time..) and they expect you to answer with the STAR method. Technical questions would be pretty easy for anyone with an accounting or finance background but could take some off guard if you're not well prepared.

Relationship between financial statements, other basic accounting questions..

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied on college career website, process took around a month. Pre interview reception in SF, followed by first round interview (30 min) on campus. Found out roughly a week later I had a "super day" which consisted of two onsite interviews 30 minutes each. From there, found out again a week later that I had a third round with senior management. Questions were very straight forward if you are a business/econ major...some accounting based (walk me through the income statement), some econ based (what happens to disney's revenues if oil prices rise). First and second round were combinations of technical (easy) and behavioral questions. Know your basic accounting. Third round was purely fit based.

Interview Questions
    • What do we do here at Wells Fargo and what skills are necessary for the job?   Answer Question

Commercial banking was not exactly what I wanted to do, and I received other offers. I have heard it is a wonderful place to work, however.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied through my university. Had an interview with two employees, one was a branch VP and the other was an analyst. The interview was a mix of technical and behavioral. Not too stressful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the three financial statements to someone who doesn't know what they are.   View Answers (2)

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online through On-Campus Recruiting and then followed-up through a one-day window on their Careers website. Heard back through campuses' portal asking to schedule a first round. Heard back within 5 days with two days notice for a final-round in their office.

Interview Questions
    • In real estate, how accurate of a measure for cashflow is EBITDA?   Answer Question