Wells Fargo

Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.1

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Phone interview with technical questions and some personality questions. In person interview with manager and other Relationship Managers. Combination of technical and fit questions. The in person interview took about 4 hours between 6 people.

Interview Questions
  • Asked very detailed questions about Wells Fargo, the company including the latest stock price   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Initial on-campus interview, then a writing assignment, and an on site interview to follow. Took over 5 weeks to respond and the recruiter was very unresponsive over email. The interviews contained a few technical questions- all of which were based on accounting concepts. Mostly the interview is behavioral and they read questions off a script.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interviewed for both the Commercial Banking and Commercial Real Estate FA positions. Signed up through my school and interviewed on campus. Interviewed with 2 people for each position. The commercial real estate interview was a bit cold and definitely did not feel like a conversation. Wells Fargo's interview process is very structured in that the interviewers must ask a specific set of questions given to them. Commercial banking interview was extremely positive and the guys were very informative and passionate about their work and the Wells Fargo name.

After the interview, they informed me 2 weeks later than I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. Behavioral questions are pretty straight forward (tell me about a time..) and they expect you to answer with the STAR method. Technical questions would be pretty easy for anyone with an accounting or finance background but could take some off guard if you're not well prepared.

Relationship between financial statements, other basic accounting questions..
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied on college career website, process took around a month. Pre interview reception in SF, followed by first round interview (30 min) on campus. Found out roughly a week later I had a "super day" which consisted of two onsite interviews 30 minutes each. From there, found out again a week later that I had a third round with senior management. Questions were very straight forward if you are a business/econ major...some accounting based (walk me through the income statement), some econ based (what happens to disney's revenues if oil prices rise). First and second round were combinations of technical (easy) and behavioral questions. Know your basic accounting. Third round was purely fit based.

Interview Questions
    • What do we do here at Wells Fargo and what skills are necessary for the job?   Answer Question

Commercial banking was not exactly what I wanted to do, and I received other offers. I have heard it is a wonderful place to work, however.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied through my university. Had an interview with two employees, one was a branch VP and the other was an analyst. The interview was a mix of technical and behavioral. Not too stressful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the three financial statements to someone who doesn't know what they are.   View Answers (2)

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online through On-Campus Recruiting and then followed-up through a one-day window on their Careers website. Heard back through campuses' portal asking to schedule a first round. Heard back within 5 days with two days notice for a final-round in their office.

Interview Questions
    • In real estate, how accurate of a measure for cashflow is EBITDA?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Quick interview, should be easy if you're well informed in accounting. I'm an economics major so I had some trouble. Asked usual questions you find on this site from other posts like walk me through the 3 financial statements, who is our CEO, why did you choose Wells Fargo, are you fine working out of state etc.

Interview Questions
    • Is it a good thing when businesses raise their capital and how can they do it   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

I had one interview on campus. It lasted for 20 min, was interviewed by 2 people. The first part was behavioral, questions why would you want to work for the company. There were some situational questions - explain the situation when you had to change things midway, ets. I was doing very well until they asked a technical accounting question. Im bus econ major, so I struggled a bit

Interview Questions
    • Explain balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows in basic words, to someone with no knowledge of finance.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Applied online through school's career site. Received offer for interview about a month later. The first round of interviews was simple enough. 30 minute on campus interview where interviewer asked a behavioral and fit questions. They also asked accounting questions such as the three financial statements, loan analysis, and DCF. Seconds rounds involved an all day on site interview at their location in San Francisco. Did not get passed that.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

participated in on campus interviews. process was pretty basic, a mix of behavioral and technical questions. its been two weeks and have not received word either way. definitely need to know the basics of accounting

Interview Questions
    • would you rather use debt or equity when raising capital?   Answer Question