Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Applied through college career website. Heard back about a month later. Had one round phone interview with basic questions before being flown out to Charlotte for interview.Had interviews with 3-4 different people of different ranks. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – Know the different accounting statements and how they interact.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks. Interview was very smooth, management wants to get to know you in every possible label, they want to see how committed and prepared you are, but they do it in a very easy going manner, very professional. This was before the online test's for aptitude, logical, verbal reasoning, etc, which i believe is something that everyone should pass before getting in at Wells Fargo. I did use an app 'the ultimate career interview' from app store to prepare for online tests. I suggest you to check out where you stand before applying for real.

Interview Question – The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 45k contract.

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me after I submitted the application; the initial impression was good, they were nice and professional, went through 3 different rounds of interviews with different levels of management, plus a couple of phone interviews

Interview Question – nothing really stood out as being really difficult or unexpected, fairly typical questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied online through their site. Heard back 5 days later via email to set up a phone interview. Passed that round, took 3 weeks, and have my next panel interview in a few days. The first phone interview was a screening mostly, asked half fit questions and half technical questions. It was super impersonal, she clearly had a list of questions and didn't care what my answers were as long as they seemed to fit in the realm of the template. The technical questions got progressively harder, the first 3 were all about the financial statements and the last 2 or 3 were specific to real estate and underwriting. Behavioral questions are standard, tell me about a time you found yourself with an unfavorable result, how did you over come it...Now I have a panel interview, over the phone, 2 back to back 45 min interviews and a writing assessment.

Interview Question – I wish I remembered exactly what the question was but it was very industry specific asking about a certain aspect of the underwriting process for a commercial building. Know how the 3 financial statements are connected.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through school career center for my summer internship and i got the interview for the first round in school career center. Only one staff came, nice lady. I failed this interview and i didn't know the reason coz i thought I prepared very good. maybe other candidates are better.

Interview Question – nothing difficult. Three common questions, 1. why do you choose wells fargo; 2. how did you do with your most difficult assignment? 3. tell me one thing that you struggled but didn't get the expected result. Three professional questions, 1. tell me about those three financial statements and their relationship; 2. how do you analysis them, which statement do you prefer? 3. except those ratios, what else do you need to think about.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Contacted via campus recruiting website. Questions all set based off a packet, mainly behavioral but definitely review accounting concepts beforehand. Nothing too specific, just general concepts. Explained the position afterwards very well with me.

Interview Question – Please explain how the three financial statements affect each other.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online via the company job search agent. I was contacted by email about a month later to schedule an initial 30 minute phone interview with the human resources representative. A few days later, I had my phone interview and it was pretty standard. She asked me to point out anything important on my resume and then followed up with several standard behavior questions.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me to explain the three financial statements I would use to evaluate a business before approving them for a loan, and how the statements relate to each other. I had not taken accounting for several years and was unprepared to adequately answer the question.   Answer Question

Interview Details – One 30 minute interview

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls fit in a Boeing 747?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Was very technical. Nothing unexpected though, very fair.

Interview Question – How do you derive a long-term interest rate   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via on-campus recruiting in late September. Applied for Commercial Real Estate lending. First interview was 30 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral, but some were technical. Interned at the another bank before so the technical questions were simple for me. Didn't get a call-back about the second round until 6+ weeks later. Second interview was at Irvine for a position in SF. Second interview was divided into 2 sessions of 30-minutes each. Interviewers were all SVP for the department that I was applying for. Questions were half behavioral and half technical. Stumped on some technical questions. Interviewers would prompt you further if you were stuck though. Emphasized that Wells Fargo was my first choice. Interviewers from both first round and second round had lists of prepared questions.

Interview Question – What is the difference between discount rate and cap rate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate salary, relocation package, start date, etc. but were all rejected. Wells Fargo does give an above-market salary though so difficult to negotiate.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!