Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Program Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online through Wells Fargo website and received an email about a week or two later for a phone interview. Fairly easy interview, just asked why I was interested in the program and a few accounting questions about how the three financial statements interconnect. I was then given an in person interview consisting of behavioral questions and maybe 3 accounting questions. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Financial Analyst Program Interview

applied online and waited for a long time to get an interview, which seems normal in Wells Fargo. I was on a phone interview for approximately 30 minutes and the interview was mostly technical and a few behavioral questions towards the end. However, it took me a month to find out i didn't get an offer, pretty slow in terms of the recruiting process

Interview Questions
    • how do you underwrite a loan? why is cash flow important?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Applied online in the beginning of January, got a call for the first phone interview mid January, then mid February got a second round phone interview, then a week after that they invited me to fly to Irvine for an in person interview along with a written assessment .

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the things you look at when building an apartment building in a city   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and opportunities?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question
    • In real estate, what are the important things you look for in the 3 financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Applied for a position in the Energy Group in the Financial Analyst Program. Submitted resume online and received email about scheduling a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions. Flown out for 3 back to back interviews with 2 interviewers per room. Questions were not of much difficulty. Mostly behavioral questions. Some questions regarding the calculation of cash flow and importance of capital structure. Interviews went well however I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you look at in order to determine a companies credit worthiness?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

I applied online and got an email on a Wednesday to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was Friday and I was asked to come in Monday. The interview was with four people (two at a time). They asked a lot of questions about my resume, one behavioural question, and accounting related questions. They were in the beginning stages so said don't expect to hear back for a couple weeks.

Got an email and was asked to come into a different office and interview there. I interviewed one on one with four people. The interview was just conversation making sure I was a good fit. I was offered the interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the financial statements.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. The offer was better than I expected (Benefits, Bonuses etc) and I was happy to accept .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Applied to job via on-campus recruiting. First interview was on campus (30 min behavioral and technical). Second interview was at the office (30 min behavioral). Third interview was at the office (90min - felt more like a fit check). Asked to complete a writing assessment. Accepted offer the following week.

Interviewers were much nicer than interviewers from other banks and helped calm my nerves (as much as possible!). All around great experience!

Interview Questions
    • None were too difficult; just stumbled on a couple of questions due to nerves.   Answer Question
    Salary and signing bonus are standard throughout the entire program, but they are above the industry average. No negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2013.

Applied online in June for the Financial Analyst Program in Power and Utilities. Job location was in Minneapolis. Received an email a month later from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter was nice and courteous, had a 30 minute conversation about my background, some technical questions. She indicated I would hear back from her within two weeks. However, after 2 emails and a phone call to her office, I never heard anything back until September, when I received a form email indicating that they would not be pursuing my candidacy further. Very unprofessional HR...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing super difficult in terms of technical or behavioral questions...just stuff like what are the 3 financial statements, which would be the best to use to evaluate a company, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview process consisted of 3 interviews. One semi technical/get to know you, one more technical, and one that was strictly a get to know you/fit interview. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Overall process was fairly quick from first interview to being offered the job and a relaxed process as well.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three main real estate valuation techniques and which one do you think a bank would be most likely to use?   View Answer
    I didn't really have to negotiate. The offer I received was more than what I was hoping to get, so I was happy with it. They offered me a signing bonus and annual bonus potential on top of what I felt was a generous salary base. I believe the signing bonus was because of my Master's Degree in Finance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2011.

I applied online and received a call from HR where I had a 30 - 45 minute phone interview. Then I went to the location in NY for an in person interview a couple days later. The process was straight forward and the people were very friendly. They didn't intentionally try to be intimidating or confusing like some others do. We basically discussed my resume and how my experiences fit withing their position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain some of the drivers for the .... company.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2010.

I interviewed with the Austin Government and Institutional office under the Financial Analyst Program. Initially I interviewed with them on campus and then I got extended a second round interview after two weeks. The interviewer had a list of questions in front of him but he did not use any of the questions. Instead we basically had a conversation and went through the program and what the office does. In the second round it was a little more formal, I met with the Director of the office and the manager. I did not get an offer because I believe I did not show as much interest initially into the job so I did not research the program that much.