Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Program Interview Questions

2.9

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Interview

Applied through school's job site. Landed the first round. Interviewer was dissatisfied with a lot of the questions and seemed to skip those that he stated were "too dumb to consider worth asking." Repeatedly stated that most of the job would be fairly easy for "someone of your qualifications" and that :you would be a shoe-in." The questions were mostly behavioral with a couple about the financial statements but all easy assuming you've taken at least a basic accounting course. Got a good vibe from the interviewer but did not receive a second-round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how the financial statements relate to each other.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the one day that Wells was accepting applications. Several weeks later I received an email invite to listen to a presentation on the program. A while later I had my phone interview with a woman in their NY office. I was slightly put off that she called me from a Starbucks, I disregarded it and had a good interview. She asked some basic questions and then progressed into more difficult questions. None were terribly hard. We ended up getting into an interesting discussion about her job, but I was irked because she basically refused to ask me about my actual job. She said your experience looks very good, but I'm not going to get into that. I found that very odd. I later found out over a month and a half later through an automated email that I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the 3 financial statements.   Answer Question
    • How do companies raise capital? What would they raise capital for? Would they prefer to raise debt or equity capital? Why?   Answer Question
    • Know the 5 C's of credit.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position when I saw it online. Was contacted by an HR rep for a phone interview (easy questions), and then the hiring manager contacted me. We went through a few other phone interviews before I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where the scope of work you we're doing needed to change, and how did your analysis change with the change in scope?   Answer Question
    • Describe the 3 main financial statements to me as if I had no financial background at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my salary..was what I was expecting.

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online through Wells Fargo website and received an email about a week or two later for a phone interview. Fairly easy interview, just asked why I was interested in the program and a few accounting questions about how the three financial statements interconnect. I was then given an in person interview consisting of behavioral questions and maybe 3 accounting questions. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Interview

applied online and waited for a long time to get an interview, which seems normal in Wells Fargo. I was on a phone interview for approximately 30 minutes and the interview was mostly technical and a few behavioral questions towards the end. However, it took me a month to find out i didn't get an offer, pretty slow in terms of the recruiting process

Interview Questions

• how do you underwrite a loan? why is cash flow important?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Irvine, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online in the beginning of January, got a call for the first phone interview mid January, then mid February got a second round phone interview, then a week after that they invited me to fly to Irvine for an in person interview along with a written assessment .

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you look at when building an apartment building in a city   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and opportunities?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question
    • In real estate, what are the important things you look for in the 3 financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied for a position in the Energy Group in the Financial Analyst Program. Submitted resume online and received email about scheduling a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions. Flown out for 3 back to back interviews with 2 interviewers per room. Questions were not of much difficulty. Mostly behavioral questions. Some questions regarding the calculation of cash flow and importance of capital structure. Interviews went well however I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you look at in order to determine a companies credit worthiness?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got an email on a Wednesday to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was Friday and I was asked to come in Monday. The interview was with four people (two at a time). They asked a lot of questions about my resume, one behavioural question, and accounting related questions. They were in the beginning stages so said don't expect to hear back for a couple weeks. Got an email and was asked to come into a different office and interview there. I interviewed one on one with four people. The interview was just conversation making sure I was a good fit. I was offered the interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the financial statements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. The offer was better than I expected (Benefits, Bonuses etc) and I was happy to accept .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied to job via on-campus recruiting. First interview was on campus (30 min behavioral and technical). Second interview was at the office (30 min behavioral). Third interview was at the office (90min - felt more like a fit check). Asked to complete a writing assessment. Accepted offer the following week. Interviewers were much nicer than interviewers from other banks and helped calm my nerves (as much as possible!). All around great experience!

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult; just stumbled on a couple of questions due to nerves.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary and signing bonus are standard throughout the entire program, but they are above the industry average. No negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online in June for the Financial Analyst Program in Power and Utilities. Job location was in Minneapolis. Received an email a month later from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter was nice and courteous, had a 30 minute conversation about my background, some technical questions. She indicated I would hear back from her within two weeks. However, after 2 emails and a phone call to her office, I never heard anything back until September, when I received a form email indicating that they would not be pursuing my candidacy further. Very unprofessional HR...

Interview Questions

• Nothing super difficult in terms of technical or behavioral questions...just stuff like what are the 3 financial statements, which would be the best to use to evaluate a company, etc.   Answer Question