Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – applied online and waited for a long time to get an interview, which seems normal in Wells Fargo. I was on a phone interview for approximately 30 minutes and the interview was mostly technical and a few behavioral questions towards the end. However, it took me a month to find out i didn't get an offer, pretty slow in terms of the recruiting process

Interview Question – how do you underwrite a loan? why is cash flow important?   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a position in the Energy Group in the Financial Analyst Program. Submitted resume online and received email about scheduling a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions. Flown out for 3 back to back interviews with 2 interviewers per room. Questions were not of much difficulty. Mostly behavioral questions. Some questions regarding the calculation of cash flow and importance of capital structure. Interviews went well however I was not offered the position.

Interview Question – What would you look at in order to determine a companies credit worthiness?   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in the beginning of January, got a call for the first phone interview mid January, then mid February got a second round phone interview, then a week after that they invited me to fly to Irvine for an in person interview along with a written assessment .

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Analyst Program

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email on a Wednesday to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was Friday and I was asked to come in Monday. The interview was with four people (two at a time). They asked a lot of questions about my resume, one behavioural question, and accounting related questions. They were in the beginning stages so said don't expect to hear back for a couple weeks.

Got an email and was asked to come into a different office and interview there. I interviewed one on one with four people. The interview was just conversation making sure I was a good fit. I was offered the interview the next day.

Interview Question – Walk me through the financial statements.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. The offer was better than I expected (Benefits, Bonuses etc) and I was happy to accept .

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to job via on-campus recruiting. First interview was on campus (30 min behavioral and technical). Second interview was at the office (30 min behavioral). Third interview was at the office (90min - felt more like a fit check). Asked to complete a writing assessment. Accepted offer the following week.

Interviewers were much nicer than interviewers from other banks and helped calm my nerves (as much as possible!). All around great experience!

Interview Question – None were too difficult; just stumbled on a couple of questions due to nerves.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and signing bonus are standard throughout the entire program, but they are above the industry average. No negotiation was necessary.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in June for the Financial Analyst Program in Power and Utilities. Job location was in Minneapolis. Received an email a month later from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter was nice and courteous, had a 30 minute conversation about my background, some technical questions. She indicated I would hear back from her within two weeks. However, after 2 emails and a phone call to her office, I never heard anything back until September, when I received a form email indicating that they would not be pursuing my candidacy further. Very unprofessional HR...

Interview Question – Nothing super difficult in terms of technical or behavioral questions...just stuff like what are the 3 financial statements, which would be the best to use to evaluate a company, etc.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of 3 interviews. One semi technical/get to know you, one more technical, and one that was strictly a get to know you/fit interview. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Overall process was fairly quick from first interview to being offered the job and a relaxed process as well.

Interview Question – What are the three main real estate valuation techniques and which one do you think a bank would be most likely to use?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really have to negotiate. The offer I received was more than what I was hoping to get, so I was happy with it. They offered me a signing bonus and annual bonus potential on top of what I felt was a generous salary base. I believe the signing bonus was because of my Master's Degree in Finance.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from HR where I had a 30 - 45 minute phone interview. Then I went to the location in NY for an in person interview a couple days later. The process was straight forward and the people were very friendly. They didn't intentionally try to be intimidating or confusing like some others do. We basically discussed my resume and how my experiences fit withing their position.

Interview Question – Explain some of the drivers for the .... company.   View Answer

Austin, TX

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Austin Government and Institutional office under the Financial Analyst Program. Initially I interviewed with them on campus and then I got extended a second round interview after two weeks. The interviewer had a list of questions in front of him but he did not use any of the questions. Instead we basically had a conversation and went through the program and what the office does. In the second round it was a little more formal, I met with the Director of the office and the manager. I did not get an offer because I believe I did not show as much interest initially into the job so I did not research the program that much.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you lost in a competition?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and was given a chance to interview for the position.

Interview Question – If you were writing a large commercial loan and could only look at one financial statement, which one would you choose?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Program interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.