Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial on-campus interview, then a writing assignment, and an on site interview to follow. Took over 5 weeks to respond and the recruiter was very unresponsive over email. The interviews contained a few technical questions- all of which were based on accounting concepts. Mostly the interview is behavioral and they read questions off a script.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied on college career website, process took around a month. Pre interview reception in SF, followed by first round interview (30 min) on campus. Found out roughly a week later I had a "super day" which consisted of two onsite interviews 30 minutes each. From there, found out again a week later that I had a third round with senior management. Questions were very straight forward if you are a business/econ major...some accounting based (walk me through the income statement), some econ based (what happens to disney's revenues if oil prices rise). First and second round were combinations of technical (easy) and behavioral questions. Know your basic accounting. Third round was purely fit based.

Interview Questions

• What do we do here at Wells Fargo and what skills are necessary for the job?   Answer Question

Commercial banking was not exactly what I wanted to do, and I received other offers. I have heard it is a wonderful place to work, however.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 1:1 on-campus interview and then full day on-site interview with 4 different people. Small writing sample to turn in beforehand. Asked a mix or behavioral and technical questions. They want to get to know you and see if you'll be a good (bank) culture fit. Technical questions were similar to others posted on Glassdoor. Ex: Is EBITDA a good measure of cash flow? What are some factors to consider in lending to a company? Debt vs. Equity? Advice: Be 100% confident in your abilities. It's okay to say you don't know, but give an educated answer. They're testing to see if you maintain composure.

Interview Questions

• EBITDA? Important parts of different financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks. Interview was very smooth, management wants to get to know you in every possible label, they want to see how committed and prepared you are, but they do it in a very easy going manner, very professional. This was before the online test's for aptitude, logical, verbal reasoning, etc, which i believe is something that everyone should pass before getting in at Wells Fargo. I did use an app 'the ultimate career interview' from app store to prepare for online tests. I suggest you to check out where you stand before applying for real.

Interview Questions

• The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation

45k contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied via on-campus recruiting in late September. Applied for Commercial Real Estate lending. First interview was 30 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral, but some were technical. Interned at the another bank before so the technical questions were simple for me. Didn't get a call-back about the second round until 6+ weeks later. Second interview was at Irvine for a position in SF. Second interview was divided into 2 sessions of 30-minutes each. Interviewers were all SVP for the department that I was applying for. Questions were half behavioral and half technical. Stumped on some technical questions. Interviewers would prompt you further if you were stuck though. Emphasized that Wells Fargo was my first choice. Interviewers from both first round and second round had lists of prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between discount rate and cap rate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate salary, relocation package, start date, etc. but were all rejected. Wells Fargo does give an above-market salary though so difficult to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a two round interview process. After I had submitted my resume, the first round was with HR department and then the second and final round was with Department head and there was a panel of 2-3 supervisors of that department that interviewed me. It took a total of 30 days from start to end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation that was out of control when you stepped in and how did you fix it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not accept the offer.

Application

Interview

Statement of Cashflow questions, behavioral. Know three financial statements really well

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how price increase in flour affects bread company's 3 statements   Answer Question

Had a better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Had six interviews during a 3 day long development program

Interview Questions

• From a lending perspective, how was the European Union effected by greece and spain joining the EU.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. For me, the first was with senior leaders in the group (3 of them), the second was with managers (4 of them), and the last was with the top executive of the group (1 person). All were 1:1.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 financial statements and how do they appear?   3 Answers
    • In doing a long, what is the most important statement to look at?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself/ Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told not to negotiate, so I did not. In this climate and with such a great program, take the offer if it works for you.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

HR person clled me and asked me to introduce myself, why picked wells farog, asked if i can work independently,

get better offer