Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks. Interview was very smooth, management wants to get to know you in every possible label, they want to see how committed and prepared you are, but they do it in a very easy going manner, very professional. This was before the online test's for aptitude, logical, verbal reasoning, etc, which i believe is something that everyone should pass before getting in at Wells Fargo. I did use an app 'the ultimate career interview' from app store to prepare for online tests. I suggest you to check out where you stand before applying for real.

Interview Question – The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 45k contract.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via on-campus recruiting in late September. Applied for Commercial Real Estate lending. First interview was 30 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral, but some were technical. Interned at the another bank before so the technical questions were simple for me. Didn't get a call-back about the second round until 6+ weeks later. Second interview was at Irvine for a position in SF. Second interview was divided into 2 sessions of 30-minutes each. Interviewers were all SVP for the department that I was applying for. Questions were half behavioral and half technical. Stumped on some technical questions. Interviewers would prompt you further if you were stuck though. Emphasized that Wells Fargo was my first choice. Interviewers from both first round and second round had lists of prepared questions.

Interview Question – What is the difference between discount rate and cap rate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate salary, relocation package, start date, etc. but were all rejected. Wells Fargo does give an above-market salary though so difficult to negotiate.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Statement of Cashflow questions, behavioral. Know three financial statements really well

Interview Question – Walk me through how price increase in flour affects bread company's 3 statements   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had six interviews during a 3 day long development program

Interview Question – From a lending perspective, how was the European Union effected by greece and spain joining the EU.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. For me, the first was with senior leaders in the group (3 of them), the second was with managers (4 of them), and the last was with the top executive of the group (1 person). All were 1:1.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 financial statements and how do they appear?   View Answers (3)
  • In doing a long, what is the most important statement to look at?   View Answer
  • Tell me about yourself/ Walk me through your resume   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told not to negotiate, so I did not. In this climate and with such a great program, take the offer if it works for you.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview Details – HR person clled me and asked me to introduce myself, why picked wells farog, asked if i can work independently,

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – get better offer

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!