Wells Fargo

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.4

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Passed performance, wanted to know specific references for realtor and attorney relationships. Wanted letter from one of them. Very informal and allowed me to speak freely and ask all the questions, met with the branch and area manager.

Interview Questions
  • Please provide a letter from your referral partner as to why we should hire you.   View Answer
They'll give you whatever you think you should get for the first 6 months. ASK FOR MORE.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

They came to me and asked me to work for them. I never applied. Took about 2 months to get hired. They do a very indepth background check with the FBI and you have to get fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • They kept trying to talk me out of the job saying I wasn't qualified for it with the intention to see my dedication to it. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward in regards to tell me about yourself, etc. I would recommend making a business plan if you're new to the industry.   View Answer
    No room to negotiate the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

1) Face to face interview branch manager
    2) Face to face interview sales manager
    3) phone interview with area manager

Interview Questions
    • What is the key to providing a great customer experience?   View Answer
    its a base against commission job so there was little negotiation. You get paid for as hard as you work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

The process was about asking questions about how I work and what if I was a hunter or a farmer. Knowing my stats from my previous position really helped in looking good in the interview. After speaking with the first person in the interview they asked if I would stay and speak to upper management for a 2nd look.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was when they ask how much about mortgage I knew? I stated that I have bought a home before and that it was pretty involved process and they agreed. I stated it was mounds of paperwork with probing for more information.   Answer Question
    They didn't want to give me the same money I was making however I didn't want to move backwards so they did finally give in to what I needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

In the Mortgage business, you are not being interviewed, persay, you are interviewing the sales managmer to ensure his managment style and the brand is the best fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • None..... Production goals are always the hardest part of the convo.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Submit an online application. Branch manager contacted me by phone to schedule an interview. Interviewed in "panel" format with two branch managers. Interview asked basic questions (tell me about yourself, why Wells Fargo etc) and lasted just under an hour. They told me they would call next week. Got the call for another interview the next week with one branch manager from the previous interview and a current mortgage consultant. Interview took place over lunch and lasted over an hour. Tentative offer made following the lunch and I called to accept the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Several sales questions were required by HR included: Tell me about a time you exceeded customer expectations during a sale. Tell me about a time in which you convinced a customer who was hesitant during a sale. Tell me how you would handle a frustrated customer.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. Commission-based position with set draw/salary for the first few months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

I did not apply for the position but instead was contacted by a recruiter. The interview itself was surprisingly brief and casual, 5 minutes or so. In the hiring managers defense, I had worked for Wells Fargo a few years prior and had a successful track record going into the interview. He had done his research and had a good idea what he was getting so it's not a fair measure of a typical interview in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Would 55k-60k be enough income for you to consider accepting the job?   View Answer
    Base pay is the same for every HMC and there is no exception. It doesn't matter if you've been there 2 months or 20 years, you're base is 30k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

Was invited to a one-on-one interview with one of the managers in the call center in Charlotte, NC. Basic list of 8-10 behavioral questions, and a number of questions about my previous experience. Very straightforward, and a relatively easy process (depending on the interviewer). Was offered the job the next day (pending a background check).

Interview Questions
    • No specific questions that I can recall. Know your background, and tout it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2012.

The hiring process was much like any other corporate lender. Meetings with branch manager and sales manager were nothing but... "We are the biggest and best... You will get all the business you can handle...". They talked up their innovative, proprietary processing system that was supposed to be the quickest, most efficient system in the industry. After 2 years of nothing but delays, computer crashes and underwriting nightmares, they shut down our branch without notice.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much opportunity for negotiations. They made an offer that was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

One on one with Hiring Manager. I did a walk in so I didn't go through a whole process for hiring. Usually you have a phone interview then if accepted an interview with the manager.