Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.6

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

panel interviews with multiple managers and peers. different personality questions and role play. situation questions to see how you would react in certain situations. good overall experience. very detailed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you will upset a customer or put company at risk?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Passed performance, wanted to know specific references for realtor and attorney relationships. Wanted letter from one of them. Very informal and allowed me to speak freely and ask all the questions, met with the branch and area manager.

Interview Questions

• Please provide a letter from your referral partner as to why we should hire you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They'll give you whatever you think you should get for the first 6 months. ASK FOR MORE.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

They came to me and asked me to work for them. I never applied. Took about 2 months to get hired. They do a very indepth background check with the FBI and you have to get fingerprinted.

Interview Questions

• They kept trying to talk me out of the job saying I wasn't qualified for it with the intention to see my dedication to it. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward in regards to tell me about yourself, etc. I would recommend making a business plan if you're new to the industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room to negotiate the offer.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Vancouver, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

After applying, I had three interviews. One on the phone and two in person.

Phone interview went well - young lady on the phone was pleasant enough to talk with and gave me the impression I would enjoy working at Wells Fargo.

First in-person interview went alright. The gentleman I spoke with seemed professional enough and we seemed to get along great. I really felt like I nailed the interview and left the building looking around at the environment preparing myself for seeing everything here every day.

Second interview did not go well. I caught the flu or some other kind of bug and the interviewer knew this ahead of time but was fine with me going in. The cold took a serious toll on me and I believe the interviewer held it personally against me as she did not seem at all impressed with me (despite the fact that the two previous interviewers thought otherwise - and knowing that I was sick ahead of time).

She also seemed to forget which interviewee I was because she thought I was someone else at the beginning of the interview referencing things said in a conversation we never had. She also then seemed to look surprised when - near the end of the interview - I apologized for taking a moment to answer a question because "this head cold [was] really making it hard to think".

After the interview she told me I should expect to hear something back within a week or two.

I never heard anything back - not even a generic letter thanking me for my time (over 4 hours between applying and interviewing 3 times - not including commuting etc.).

Would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• Generic boilerplate questions like "describe a time when you had to come up with a solution to a difficult problem".   1 Answer

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

1) Face to face interview branch manager
    2) Face to face interview sales manager
    3) phone interview with area manager

Interview Questions

• What is the key to providing a great customer experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

its a base against commission job so there was little negotiation. You get paid for as hard as you work.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

The process was about asking questions about how I work and what if I was a hunter or a farmer. Knowing my stats from my previous position really helped in looking good in the interview. After speaking with the first person in the interview they asked if I would stay and speak to upper management for a 2nd look.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question was when they ask how much about mortgage I knew? I stated that I have bought a home before and that it was pretty involved process and they agreed. I stated it was mounds of paperwork with probing for more information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't want to give me the same money I was making however I didn't want to move backwards so they did finally give in to what I needed

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

In the Mortgage business, you are not being interviewed, persay, you are interviewing the sales managmer to ensure his managment style and the brand is the best fit for you.

Interview Questions

• None..... Production goals are always the hardest part of the convo.   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Submit an online application. Branch manager contacted me by phone to schedule an interview. Interviewed in "panel" format with two branch managers. Interview asked basic questions (tell me about yourself, why Wells Fargo etc) and lasted just under an hour. They told me they would call next week. Got the call for another interview the next week with one branch manager from the previous interview and a current mortgage consultant. Interview took place over lunch and lasted over an hour. Tentative offer made following the lunch and I called to accept the next day.

Interview Questions

• Several sales questions were required by HR included: Tell me about a time you exceeded customer expectations during a sale. Tell me about a time in which you convinced a customer who was hesitant during a sale. Tell me how you would handle a frustrated customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Commission-based position with set draw/salary for the first few months.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

I did not apply for the position but instead was contacted by a recruiter. The interview itself was surprisingly brief and casual, 5 minutes or so. In the hiring managers defense, I had worked for Wells Fargo a few years prior and had a successful track record going into the interview. He had done his research and had a good idea what he was getting so it's not a fair measure of a typical interview in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Would 55k-60k be enough income for you to consider accepting the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base pay is the same for every HMC and there is no exception. It doesn't matter if you've been there 2 months or 20 years, you're base is 30k.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Was invited to a one-on-one interview with one of the managers in the call center in Charlotte, NC. Basic list of 8-10 behavioral questions, and a number of questions about my previous experience. Very straightforward, and a relatively easy process (depending on the interviewer). Was offered the job the next day (pending a background check).

Interview Questions

• No specific questions that I can recall. Know your background, and tout it.   Answer Question