Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant Interview Questions

2.4

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

The process began with a phone screening by one o the supervisors and I was told I was the type or person they we're looking for, so I was invited for a in person interview. There were a lot of "tell me about a time you did this or that" I'm not sure my experiences were good enough or not. I was interviewed on friday and told a decision would be mad on Monday; Monday came and went and I wasn't invited for a second interview with the manager, so I assume that I wasn't chosen. Feeling defeated, yet again.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

Was invited to a one-on-one interview with one of the managers in the call center in Charlotte, NC. Basic list of 8-10 behavioral questions, and a number of questions about my previous experience. Very straightforward, and a relatively easy process (depending on the interviewer). Was offered the job the next day (pending a background check).

Interview Questions
    • No specific questions that I can recall. Know your background, and tout it.   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Spoke with branch manager over the phone. Then a personal interview was arranged. It was required to have specific past production numbers available for review. Once personal interview was completed a job offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult items was just accounting for production numbers over my career. They had to be very specific.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

One on one with Hiring Manager. I did a walk in so I didn't go through a whole process for hiring. Usually you have a phone interview then if accepted an interview with the manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2012.

The hiring process was much like any other corporate lender. Meetings with branch manager and sales manager were nothing but... "We are the biggest and best... You will get all the business you can handle...". They talked up their innovative, proprietary processing system that was supposed to be the quickest, most efficient system in the industry. After 2 years of nothing but delays, computer crashes and underwriting nightmares, they shut down our branch without notice.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much opportunity for negotiations. They made an offer that was take it or leave it.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

They came to me and asked me to work for them. I never applied. Took about 2 months to get hired. They do a very indepth background check with the FBI and you have to get fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • They kept trying to talk me out of the job saying I wasn't qualified for it with the intention to see my dedication to it. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward in regards to tell me about yourself, etc. I would recommend making a business plan if you're new to the industry.   View Answer
    No room to negotiate the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

In the Mortgage business, you are not being interviewed, persay, you are interviewing the sales managmer to ensure his managment style and the brand is the best fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • None..... Production goals are always the hardest part of the convo.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

The process was about asking questions about how I work and what if I was a hunter or a farmer. Knowing my stats from my previous position really helped in looking good in the interview. After speaking with the first person in the interview they asked if I would stay and speak to upper management for a 2nd look.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was when they ask how much about mortgage I knew? I stated that I have bought a home before and that it was pretty involved process and they agreed. I stated it was mounds of paperwork with probing for more information.   Answer Question
    They didn't want to give me the same money I was making however I didn't want to move backwards so they did finally give in to what I needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

I did not apply for the position but instead was contacted by a recruiter. The interview itself was surprisingly brief and casual, 5 minutes or so. In the hiring managers defense, I had worked for Wells Fargo a few years prior and had a successful track record going into the interview. He had done his research and had a good idea what he was getting so it's not a fair measure of a typical interview in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Would 55k-60k be enough income for you to consider accepting the job?   View Answer
    Base pay is the same for every HMC and there is no exception. It doesn't matter if you've been there 2 months or 20 years, you're base is 30k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2009.

Had 3 interviews. One with branch mgr and second with area manager. 3rd was on the phone with the state manager. Background check, addresses for the last 10 years. Nothing rough or difficult as far as paperwork and the interviews themselves. I showed up to the interview with my resume on a thumb drive, just in case the branch mgr hadn't forwarded it to the area manager, which he didn't... gave it to the area manager, but her workstation locked out USB connections, had to overcome that shortfall.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the single most limiting factor in you getting to where you want to be in this industry?   View Answer
    Negotiated a 3 month guarantee, 6 months of 80BPS of self sourced business.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!