Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.6

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Meetings with Management on several different occasions then a go ahead from top management. Phone interviews as well as face to face with a business plan. Normal interview questions focused on the mortgage and banking experience I had.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for from Wells Fargo   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2015.

Interview

It took me about 1 month for the whole process. 1. Received a call from HR and tell you all about the roles and what they are looking for as candidates. It may take around 1/2 hour or so. 2. The following week, I met up with the sales manager from the team and it took me 1 1/2 hour for the interview. 3. A week after, the area manager called for the last interview. And he would like to know what will be your outlook of the properties markets. And also what he looks for a candidate. And I have waited for at least 2 weeks to get my replied by the sales manager that I was accepted for the job. But once the appointment letter is signed, there will be a fingerprint check and background check which can take up to 1 week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why Wells Fargo? Do you know the process of the loan application?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a home mortgage consultant?   Answer Question
    • What is your experiences in this role?   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Reached out to by recruiter. Then phone interview. Came in and have a physical interview. Got a second interview on the spot and said I would receive a call back.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

first, phone screening, then face to face interview with two diferent managers. interview was not hard, managers talks about company, products, and ask little questions about my previous working experience.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

panel interviews with multiple managers and peers. different personality questions and role play. situation questions to see how you would react in certain situations. good overall experience. very detailed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you will upset a customer or put company at risk?   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Passed performance, wanted to know specific references for realtor and attorney relationships. Wanted letter from one of them. Very informal and allowed me to speak freely and ask all the questions, met with the branch and area manager.

Interview Questions

• Please provide a letter from your referral partner as to why we should hire you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They'll give you whatever you think you should get for the first 6 months. ASK FOR MORE.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

They came to me and asked me to work for them. I never applied. Took about 2 months to get hired. They do a very indepth background check with the FBI and you have to get fingerprinted.

Interview Questions

• They kept trying to talk me out of the job saying I wasn't qualified for it with the intention to see my dedication to it. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward in regards to tell me about yourself, etc. I would recommend making a business plan if you're new to the industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room to negotiate the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Vancouver, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

After applying, I had three interviews. One on the phone and two in person. Phone interview went well - young lady on the phone was pleasant enough to talk with and gave me the impression I would enjoy working at Wells Fargo. First in-person interview went alright. The gentleman I spoke with seemed professional enough and we seemed to get along great. I really felt like I nailed the interview and left the building looking around at the environment preparing myself for seeing everything here every day. Second interview did not go well. I caught the flu or some other kind of bug and the interviewer knew this ahead of time but was fine with me going in. The cold took a serious toll on me and I believe the interviewer held it personally against me as she did not seem at all impressed with me (despite the fact that the two previous interviewers thought otherwise - and knowing that I was sick ahead of time). She also seemed to forget which interviewee I was because she thought I was someone else at the beginning of the interview referencing things said in a conversation we never had. She also then seemed to look surprised when - near the end of the interview - I apologized for taking a moment to answer a question because "this head cold [was] really making it hard to think". After the interview she told me I should expect to hear something back within a week or two. I never heard anything back - not even a generic letter thanking me for my time (over 4 hours between applying and interviewing 3 times - not including commuting etc.). Would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• Generic boilerplate questions like "describe a time when you had to come up with a solution to a difficult problem".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

1) Face to face interview branch manager 2) Face to face interview sales manager 3) phone interview with area manager

Interview Questions

• What is the key to providing a great customer experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

its a base against commission job so there was little negotiation. You get paid for as hard as you work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

The process was about asking questions about how I work and what if I was a hunter or a farmer. Knowing my stats from my previous position really helped in looking good in the interview. After speaking with the first person in the interview they asked if I would stay and speak to upper management for a 2nd look.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question was when they ask how much about mortgage I knew? I stated that I have bought a home before and that it was pretty involved process and they agreed. I stated it was mounds of paperwork with probing for more information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't want to give me the same money I was making however I didn't want to move backwards so they did finally give in to what I needed