Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was invited to a one-on-one interview with one of the managers in the call center in Charlotte, NC. Basic list of 8-10 behavioral questions, and a number of questions about my previous experience. Very straightforward, and a relatively easy process (depending on the interviewer). Was offered the job the next day (pending a background check).

Interview Question – No specific questions that I can recall. Know your background, and tout it.   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with branch manager over the phone. Then a personal interview was arranged. It was required to have specific past production numbers available for review. Once personal interview was completed a job offer was made.

Interview Question – The most difficult items was just accounting for production numbers over my career. They had to be very specific.   View Answer

Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

Interview Details – One on one with Hiring Manager. I did a walk in so I didn't go through a whole process for hiring. Usually you have a phone interview then if accepted an interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Just generic questions were asked.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was much like any other corporate lender. Meetings with branch manager and sales manager were nothing but... "We are the biggest and best... You will get all the business you can handle...". They talked up their innovative, proprietary processing system that was supposed to be the quickest, most efficient system in the industry. After 2 years of nothing but delays, computer crashes and underwriting nightmares, they shut down our branch without notice.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much opportunity for negotiations. They made an offer that was take it or leave it.

Home Mortgage Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – They came to me and asked me to work for them. I never applied. Took about 2 months to get hired. They do a very indepth background check with the FBI and you have to get fingerprinted.

Interview Question – They kept trying to talk me out of the job saying I wasn't qualified for it with the intention to see my dedication to it. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward in regards to tell me about yourself, etc. I would recommend making a business plan if you're new to the industry.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room to negotiate the offer.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Interview Details – In the Mortgage business, you are not being interviewed, persay, you are interviewing the sales managmer to ensure his managment style and the brand is the best fit for you.

Interview Question – None..... Production goals are always the hardest part of the convo.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process was about asking questions about how I work and what if I was a hunter or a farmer. Knowing my stats from my previous position really helped in looking good in the interview. After speaking with the first person in the interview they asked if I would stay and speak to upper management for a 2nd look.

Interview Question – An unexpected question was when they ask how much about mortgage I knew? I stated that I have bought a home before and that it was pretty involved process and they agreed. I stated it was mounds of paperwork with probing for more information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't want to give me the same money I was making however I didn't want to move backwards so they did finally give in to what I needed

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

Interview Details – I did not apply for the position but instead was contacted by a recruiter. The interview itself was surprisingly brief and casual, 5 minutes or so. In the hiring managers defense, I had worked for Wells Fargo a few years prior and had a successful track record going into the interview. He had done his research and had a good idea what he was getting so it's not a fair measure of a typical interview in my opinion.

Interview Question – Would 55k-60k be enough income for you to consider accepting the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base pay is the same for every HMC and there is no exception. It doesn't matter if you've been there 2 months or 20 years, you're base is 30k.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2009.

Interview Details – Had 3 interviews. One with branch mgr and second with area manager. 3rd was on the phone with the state manager. Background check, addresses for the last 10 years. Nothing rough or difficult as far as paperwork and the interviews themselves. I showed up to the interview with my resume on a thumb drive, just in case the branch mgr hadn't forwarded it to the area manager, which he didn't... gave it to the area manager, but her workstation locked out USB connections, had to overcome that shortfall.

Interview Question – What has been the single most limiting factor in you getting to where you want to be in this industry?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a 3 month guarantee, 6 months of 80BPS of self sourced business.

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2009.

Interview Details – Send your Resume over to Manager
Most of the offices are always hiring. Be persistant and if the ask any questions if reference to your desired salary. Answer that you are looking to be a Manager someday. None of them want to hire someone that is going to be happy on the bottom rung.

Interview Question – May take personality test. Always answer questions in a manner that are good for the customer and company unless it is about income. Be greedy when it comes to income.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. Most companies are scrapping for Mortgage Consultants.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!