Wells Fargo Inbound Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.8

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Very professional. Applied at a temp agency and went through their process. Then was selected for position at Wells Fargo then went through their interview process with a supervisor. During interview had the training process explained and requirements of the position explained.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Roanoke, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Wear a suit or nice dress/skirt. Be professional, and be prepared to give examples of past selling styles, and achievements, even the tiniest awards that you've achieved in sales. Don't apply if you've ever been arrested of something serious and especially found guilty. It's a waste of time at that point. Fingerprint background, no drug testing, background is very extensive and takes a week and a half usually. It finds arrest records and court records guilty or not...

Interview Questions

• How would you sell to someone on the phone, give an example? (You can sell anything, not just WF, I did my cell phone).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Typical Behavior Style Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you handled a difficult situation. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview

Be prepared for more then one interview, they filter over the phone and if you end up with a 3rd it is just a formality at that point. Also use any instances from a previous position as a vocal point for the interview. A good hand shake and a positive energy will get you in the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied online. About a week or two later was called to set-up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty quick and easy and at the end scheduled a face to face interview for the next day.
    At the face to face interview the guy interviewing me asked about ten questions about sales stuff. At the end he gave me an objection to why maybe I was not a good fit but I overcame that objection right away. He asked me to wait and a couple of minutes later the boss guy came into the room and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions. Be prepared to answer why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen Was The Initial Interview, Two Days Later I Received A Call To Do A Face To Face Interview And Five Days Later I Received An Offer In Which I Accepted

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didnt try to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in October 2012.

Interview

It is a pretty typical process. apply on the wells.careers website and either get a communication (you can choose call or email, i always went with email). Wells Does behavioral interviews so be prepared for goofy and irrelevant questions. I have interviewed all over this company and the behavior interview is always pretty simple, but the attitude varies department to department. Some were ice cold, and some were friendly to the point of having a "buddy-buddy" feel to them.

Be and dress professional. i would think this goes without saying, but apparently not. One interviewer told me " you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff people say in these things" after i couldn't help but chuckle at a question like "in your opinion, how many tardies and unexcused absences per month are acceptable?"

The hardest part, really, is getting the interview in the first place. This may be unique to the markets saturated with Wells Fargo jobs (Wells is one of the largest employers in my city), but a large number of successful job seekers have an internal reference within the department.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions can be pretty odd. If you are applying for an entry level position and have never done a behavioral interview do some research on sample behavioral questions or you might end up feeling like an idiot.

This is the question that baffled me, and i am no stranger to these things. This was for an entry level position:

"Tell me about a time you lead a diversity initiative"

Answer Question

Negotiation

This was an entry level position in a distressed job market so there was no negation to speak of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (El Monte, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

call from a recruiter for a phone interview. once you pass that interview with supervisors. then you get a call from the recruiter if you are offered the position or a decline generic email. pretty much straight to the point your normal recruit and hire process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very little i asked for more based on experience they gave me .37 more smh lol. promises of quarterly bonuses to make up for hourly pay. all lies. you get paid out 1200 just for customer service if you get anything less than 100% there goes your 1200 mind you thats for a quarter that you have to maintain that and thats on 9 calls

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

I received an e-mail saying that my resume had been reviewed and Wells Fargo was interested in giving me an on-campus interview. He started off asking a couple questions about me, but kept the rapport building pretty short. He then told me about the position (and assumed I didn't review it for some reason, I didn't correct him which was a big mistake). I lacked enthusiasm for the position and was mainly taking the interview since I wanted to get as many in as possible before I graduated. I'm going to guess he noticed that. He seemed upset with my lack of sales experience, which to be fair was true, but then again, I'm a full time college student about to graduate so it's hard to have a lot of experience. Overall he was pretty friendly. The questions were fairly generic; what qualities does a good salesperson have, tell me about dealing with a difficult customer, when have you overcome difficulties in work, when have you demonstrated leadership, etc.

Overall the interview process was ok, and I wasn't expecting to get an offer, but I was still a little annoyed that they didn't respond back letting me know. It doesn't take much time to send out a rejection e-mail.

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2009.

Interview

I applied internally. I had experience in customer service and sales within Wells prior to applying for a business inbound sales specialiist. I like the people I work with and I love my job. Things are pretty fair at our company. A lot is in writing so there isn't any discrepancies. We have great benefits and are encouraged to donate our time and money to the community. I plan on having a long career with Wells.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an objection a customer had and how you overcame that objection.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the company in the next 5 years?   Answer Question