Wells Fargo Inbound Sales Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roanoke, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Wear a suit or nice dress/skirt. Be professional, and be prepared to give examples of past selling styles, and achievements, even the tiniest awards that you've achieved in sales. Don't apply if you've ever been arrested of something serious and especially found guilty. It's a waste of time at that point. Fingerprint background, no drug testing, background is very extensive and takes a week and a half usually. It finds arrest records and court records guilty or not...

Interview Questions
  • How would you sell to someone on the phone, give an example? (You can sell anything, not just WF, I did my cell phone).   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Typical Behavior Style Interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you handled a difficult situation. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online. About a week or two later was called to set-up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty quick and easy and at the end scheduled a face to face interview for the next day.
    At the face to face interview the guy interviewing me asked about ten questions about sales stuff. At the end he gave me an objection to why maybe I was not a good fit but I overcame that objection right away. He asked me to wait and a couple of minutes later the boss guy came into the room and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Generic questions. Be prepared to answer why they should hire you.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

It is a pretty typical process. apply on the wells.careers website and either get a communication (you can choose call or email, i always went with email). Wells Does behavioral interviews so be prepared for goofy and irrelevant questions. I have interviewed all over this company and the behavior interview is always pretty simple, but the attitude varies department to department. Some were ice cold, and some were friendly to the point of having a "buddy-buddy" feel to them.

Be and dress professional. i would think this goes without saying, but apparently not. One interviewer told me " you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff people say in these things" after i couldn't help but chuckle at a question like "in your opinion, how many tardies and unexcused absences per month are acceptable?"

The hardest part, really, is getting the interview in the first place. This may be unique to the markets saturated with Wells Fargo jobs (Wells is one of the largest employers in my city), but a large number of successful job seekers have an internal reference within the department.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions can be pretty odd. If you are applying for an entry level position and have never done a behavioral interview do some research on sample behavioral questions or you might end up feeling like an idiot.

This is the question that baffled me, and i am no stranger to these things. This was for an entry level position:

"Tell me about a time you lead a diversity initiative"
        Answer Question
    This was an entry level position in a distressed job market so there was no negation to speak of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Monte, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2010.

call from a recruiter for a phone interview. once you pass that interview with supervisors. then you get a call from the recruiter if you are offered the position or a decline generic email. pretty much straight to the point your normal recruit and hire process

Interview Questions
    very little i asked for more based on experience they gave me .37 more smh lol. promises of quarterly bonuses to make up for hourly pay. all lies. you get paid out 1200 just for customer service if you get anything less than 100% there goes your 1200 mind you thats for a quarter that you have to maintain that and thats on 9 calls

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2010.

I received an e-mail saying that my resume had been reviewed and Wells Fargo was interested in giving me an on-campus interview. He started off asking a couple questions about me, but kept the rapport building pretty short. He then told me about the position (and assumed I didn't review it for some reason, I didn't correct him which was a big mistake). I lacked enthusiasm for the position and was mainly taking the interview since I wanted to get as many in as possible before I graduated. I'm going to guess he noticed that. He seemed upset with my lack of sales experience, which to be fair was true, but then again, I'm a full time college student about to graduate so it's hard to have a lot of experience. Overall he was pretty friendly. The questions were fairly generic; what qualities does a good salesperson have, tell me about dealing with a difficult customer, when have you overcome difficulties in work, when have you demonstrated leadership, etc.

Overall the interview process was ok, and I wasn't expecting to get an offer, but I was still a little annoyed that they didn't respond back letting me know. It doesn't take much time to send out a rejection e-mail.

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2009.

I applied internally. I had experience in customer service and sales within Wells prior to applying for a business inbound sales specialiist. I like the people I work with and I love my job. Things are pretty fair at our company. A lot is in writing so there isn't any discrepancies. We have great benefits and are encouraged to donate our time and money to the community. I plan on having a long career with Wells.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an objection a customer had and how you overcame that objection.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the company in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I received a phone call to do a phone screening. We talked for about 10 minutes. I answered general questions about my background, why I wanted to come to WF, etc. Then they brought me in with a manager. They pulled out a form and conducted the intereview based on questions that you can find by searching "Adler Interview Process" or "Behavioral Interview Questions" all of which I've studied many times before this interview. The person was nice enough.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a change you didn't like. What was your response?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not accepted. Take it or leave it pay rate based on their formulas.

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

First a phone interview then a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to convince someone of your way of thinking.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2011.

Initial phone interview asking about what you are looking for out of your employment, where you see yourself in 3-5 years. Situational questions

One on one interview was all behavioral questions and situational. "What is a challenge you have overcome that relates to whats on your resume"

Interview Questions
    • What is situation that had became challenging and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Where would this company see the biggest benefit from hiring you?   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!