Wells Fargo

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Warren, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview Details – Got the job opportunity off of my college recruiting website. Interview only had one round in person. job mostly consisted of completing updates but also offered the opportunity to learn a lot.

Interview Question – All Questions were easy - why this industry, why wells?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through university career services. Contacted a few weeks later and interviewed 1:1 at my university. The entire process is two steps and the second round usually consists of 2-3 interviews with a panel of employees/managers at Wells Fargo. Second round is determining if you are a good fit with department so just be yourself and things should flow smoothly.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions and walking through your resume; be sure to brush up on your financial statements for the few technical questions asked.
A time when you were given an assignment/project that you had no idea how to go about it and what were the result?
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – Competitive interview, tough questions, tested the candidate. Very professional and serious.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – First I attended an info session after being accepted for a first round interview. Everybody was friendly, and the session was very beneficial. My interview went well and consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. I was then notified that they would consider me for a final round interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Question – Is EBITDA a good replacement for operating income?   View Answer

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Interview took 30 minutes. The interviewer was NOT friendly, but that's okay. Asked a few technical questions about financial statements so brush up on that. Mostly behavioral though. Oh, it took them a month to get back to me after a few follow up emails.

Interview Question – Which financial statement most important in your opinion?   View Answer

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – It was a lot of going back and forth about my resume and about the position, then she went on to ask me more about why i want this position along with a bunch of brain teasers for this investment banking job, she then went on about how to go about.

Interview Question – if you have 12 balls and one was lighter than the rest, how would you figure out the lightest on in one try   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with several people in the office- first with HR over the phone, then two more with analysts before speaking with the manager of the group. Early interviews were mostly behavioral with a couple of finance-specific questions thrown in (DCF, today's LIBOR, things of that nature). Interviewers were often very brusque- likely trying to make sure you can keep your composure under pressure.

Interview Question – What are the most important things to consider when building an investment portfolio and why?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The interview is very important to the process of getting the position but obviously they put too much weight behind your academic institution you attend.

Interview Question – What is the best way to obtain EBIT?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Received an interview through a friend, the interview was very lax. The interviewer just wanted me to walk him through my resume and then we just had a conversation about various things. He really just wanted to get to know me a little to see if he would enjoy working with me.

Interview Question – All questions were fairly standard   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Interview Details – First interview is over the phone with the recruiter (gatekeeper) and you are asked questions about yourself, your accomplishments, and any community/charity work you have done... Once you WOW the recruiter the next step is a panel interview with at least 3 people. They ask you behavioral questions and again are looking for you do stand out by explaining what you have accomplished.

Interview Question – I did not find the questions to be hard, I do feel that you need to prepare in order to make them seamless stories that will translate easily. The unexpected one is regarding community work or charities you are involved in and what do you personally contribute to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are then given an offer letter if applicable and salary is non-negotiable; but it is $15/hr.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!