Wells Fargo Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically it was "describe a situation when..." after the initial phone interview, which was behavioral questions. Pretty basic, just be prepared and have your answers ready. It is pretty laid back as far as an internship goes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website, and was then contacted for an over the phone interview - lasted 30 minutes. Asked standard questions, like the ones that have been mentioned in other reviews. I didn't even get a rejection email.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview process is primarily a fit interview. It starts with tell me about yourself with some basic behavioral interviews. It then asks for a second phone interview and finally an interview to where you are called in. The call in interview process is a full day interview process in which one meets and interviews with a panel, and from there you are selected or rejected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you needed to lead a group?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied for an interview on my university's website. The interview was on campus at the career center. It was pretty much a basic interview with standard questions. There were two interviewers. Asked a lot of behavioral questions and a lot of questions about my resume. Overall, it was a good experience. Know a lot about the company and why you want the job before you go in.

Interview Questions

• Why Wells Fargo? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time when you were given a project with no details in how to complete it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on Wells Fargo's website and got an email regarding the position. If they are interested, they will send you a form on the preferred location for the interview. After returning the form, they will schedule the first round interview. After passing the first round, they send you an email with the result in 2 weeks and schedule you for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked three questions and asked me to provide 3 examples to answer the questions. The first is a time when given unclear requirements on a task. The second is taking initiative on a task. The third is going beyond the required on a task. The questions are fairly standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and super fun. The people that I met were very kind and wanted me to perform well. I really enjoyed going to the office and getting to know everybody. It was a friendly, collegial environment that is definitely a place that people would want to work at! Definitely would've accepted an offer if I received one.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness, etc.? Just a lot of that sort of stuff that one can prepare for easily.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through college career center. I then applied on the website and was contacted a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes and was focused mostly on my personality, and somewhat on markets and what is going on when it comes to current events.

Interview Questions

• No questions out of the ordinary. Standard ones like What is going on in the markets today? What are your greatest weaknesses? etc. Also be able to explain why you're interested in WF specifically.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview, thought it went fairly well, and proceeded to never hear from them again. Never got an e-mail or a phone call with any information on the status of my summer internship and it left a sour taste. I even managed to get the email of the woman who interviewed me and she didn't respond to my inquiries.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about leadership, group working abilities, work ethic, experience in the field   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview took 30 minutes. The interviewer was NOT friendly, but that's okay. Asked a few technical questions about financial statements so brush up on that. Mostly behavioral though. Oh, it took them a month to get back to me after a few follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Which financial statement most important in your opinion?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

First I attended an info session after being accepted for a first round interview. Everybody was friendly, and the session was very beneficial. My interview went well and consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. I was then notified that they would consider me for a final round interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Is EBITDA a good replacement for operating income?   1 Answer