Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015
3,163 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   4 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   1 Answer
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   1 Answer
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Apllied online which led to a very straight forward phone interview. Softball questions just designed to get you to talk about your background. They then set me up for a group interview. I thought this was a bit nerve wracking since they asked questions and went around the room with everyone answering the question one by one.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Greenville, SC).

Interview

It is a behavioral interview in the STAR Method. It starts with a group interview. Then goes to a one on one interview typically with 2 or 3 interviewers. If you cannot make the interview in person then they may do one over the phone

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were behind on your sales goals and what you did to catch up.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied in mid-May, received an email from a recruiter in the home office two days later. First step was a telephone interview with a recruiter, which consisted of several behavioral questions. Know how to answer these cold using the S.T.A.R. method. Next was an in-person interview at the end of May in the local office with the senior financial advisor you'd be working with, the branch manager, and his assistant all at once. This lasted about an hour, again a barrage of behavioral questions but a little more tailored to the role itself. If you have prior financial services experience working with clients, this part of the process is where you can kill it - S.T.A.R. method here too. Less than a week later, the senior financial advisor requested both professional and personal references, all of which he called. Finally in mid-June I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to be creative to persuade someone using your influence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Save the negotiations for the splits on production with the team you are placed with.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

As you would expect, be prepared to handle a constant barrage of typical questions, but be sure to give innovative responses. They definitely only hire people who can think on the spot and be efficient with their time. Theres also at least 2 rounds, so be prepared for both if you want a chance.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2015.

Interview

Multiple screening and phone interviews leading up to panel interview. Candidate was provided a scenario and instructed to conduct a 30 minute mock project planning meeting including PowerPoint presentation. Panel then questioned the candidate asking several situational "what if" questions. Interview was designed to test the candidates meeting facilitation skills, presentation skills and "solutions/decisions" to hypothetical situations one might encounter on the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest moment?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if 2 resources left the project team in the middle of a project?   1 Answer
    • What if the business wanted to add scope during the execution phase?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview was a group interview . 1 recruiter + 10 candidates. It was in their headquarters building. The next step is a one on one interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• 3 questions
      what are your goals?
      What's a major accomplishment?
      Prove your customer service with a previous experience

Answer Question

Home Preservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Their is typically 2 interviews, one over the phone, you will speak to a hr rep that will gather basic information on your qualifications listed on your resume, if you they feel your qualified, they will send your resume to the hiring manager who will review your resume to determine if you will be a great candidate, if you are picked you will go in for a 2nd interview, the questions are your basic situation, task, action, result questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, what was the situation and how did you handle it, and what were the results.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First I applied through the Wells Fargo careers website. Within a few days, I was contacted by a hiring supervisor who was very friendly in helping me schedule a phone interview. The first interview was over the phone. I was invited to a second interview that was in-person at the headquarter office.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online and got interview after three or four weeks. Phone interview first. 4 rounds. People asked Probability questions, programing, behavior, and Derivative. The interview process is not difficult as long as you prepared for it. Good math is preferred.