Wells Fargo

2,087 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriter III Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had three interviews - the first was a screening conversation conducted over the phone, and then two in-person interview with a hiring manager and a department manager

Interview Question – Questions concerning my knowledge of an industry that I was only mildly familiar with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as is.

Communications Consultant IV Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was placed through an agency, and after one interview with the hiring manager, who was a VP, and my project supervisor, I received a job offer.

Interview Question – What was your role in the enterprise-wide strategic rollout of an elearning application?   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

Interview Details – One on one with Hiring Manager. I did a walk in so I didn't go through a whole process for hiring. Usually you have a phone interview then if accepted an interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Just generic questions were asked.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – about 2 weeks

Interview Question – name a time you built rapport with customers   Answer Question

Client Service Consultant Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – All interview questions will be STAR format. Situational, Task, Action, Result. Make sure if answer is detailed and well thought through.

Interview Question – Describe a situation that you had to resolve some type of conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is a pain. Work. Its 'tight" budget but managers continue to get bonuses.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – It was a pretty basic interview. I first did an over the phone interview screening process. I was then invited to be interviewed by the store management, two women. It was pleasant enough. No crazy questions or anything. All of it was fairly standard. Basic questions and standard discussion. I did wait for the interview to start for more then 15 minutes, unfortunately.

Interview Question – I don't think anything was really difficult. The typical "Where do you see yourself in 10 years" kinds of questions and discussions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. I did work with a recruiter person who helped explain the benefits when I asked questions.

Auditor Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Phone screening from recruiter was emailed to me to complete. Group team interview. HIring manager interview. Application was submitted 2 months prior to first recruiter contact. Two weeks later first team interview. Two weeks later hiring manger interview.

Interview Question – no difficult questions. Tell me about a time of conflict. Tell me about a time when a project failed. Tell me about a time when you did not get along with a team member. Tell us about your work history.   Answer Question

Diverse Segments Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was done over the phone. It was conversational and they asked about my resume. Got called for a second interview on site. They asked behavioral questions and questions about my past experiences. They also asked about sales experience and they gave me a pen and told me to sell it to them.

Interview Question – Try and sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you recovered from it.

Interview Question – After realizing the inconsistency of the data I put a stop to downing the equipment until further research and checking could be done.   Answer Question

3842634 Ds Cnsmr Ln Underwtr (Rbc) II Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted soon after to schedule a telephone interview. I did not get very far. The interviewer raved about my resume and said that they (Well Fargo) had a difficult time finding applicants with my dealership experience. However, early in the interview process he asked me what base salary I was looking for. I told him $60,000 annually. He told me that the high end of what he was able to offer is $50,000. He also said that the underwriter position was an hourly wage and that with overtime and bonuses I would probably end up making about $60,000 annually. I told him that I was flexible but that I would not accept anything less than a base salary of $55,000 annually. He said that he would contact the branch manager to see if there was any room for him to offer me more than $50,000 and call me the following day. I can only assume that there was no room because he never called me back.

Interview Question – I researched and was prepared for an array of possible questions but we never made it past salary.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice. All 2,087 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.