Wells Fargo

Updated Dec 19, 2014
2,723 Interview Reviews

2.7

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   Answer Question
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   Answer Question
    Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online did the assesment and the group interview. Ridiculous questions! They want you to sell yourself as a proof that you can sell their product! Wasnt really looking if you are a good fit for the position

Interview Questions

Was looking full time but offered part time

Teller Interview

fairly easy, group interview. Weed out process to see if you would be a good fit, have sales experience and customer service experience. If that goes well, you than have an interview with the district manager and/or hiring manager for the store you will be placed in. This consisted mostly of situational and behavioral questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online through the company website. I received feedback from the human resources department after about three weeks. After that I scheduled an over the phone interview with someone from the bank a week later. The interview itself was about thirty minutes, mainly behavioral questions because it was the first round. There was also time afterwards to ask questions if there were any.

Teller Interview

Group interview followed by one on one interview with branch managers who liked you in the group interview. some role playing in group interview, example of trying to sell something.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

three step process: phone interview, panel interview, and branch interview. basic interview questions testing common sense, morality, and ability to sell. Really sell yourself on customer service skills. It's really huge at branch level because you get secret shopped and surveyed

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult just be detailed and work on sales conversations   Answer Question
    little room to negotiate at branch level positions unless you're licensed

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Really easy, if they like you. You'r in! You'll start within a week. They are looking for people who have a sales experience background. The interview is all about selling yourself and why you would be great for the position and why choose you over someone else. I pretty much nailed mine and got a call back within 2 hrs of interviewing. They will judge you on your looks too, so make sure you look presentable. NO BAGGY CLOTHES, NO TATTOOS, NO EAR RINGS (For guys), and ABSOLUTELY NO WRINKLED CLOTHING. ALWAYS WEAR A TIE to your interview. If you want the job, you have to look the part.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me something? What makes you different?   View Answer
    You have to let them know why your perfect for the position. Their testing you sales skills when you do this! Make sure your prepared to present yourself.

Financial Crimes Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

It is like a basic interview albeit with more specific questions on trends you have seen in your past stations and how you ensured they remained stagnant so as to mitigate risk. Apart from that, it is like any other interview, discussing strengths and weak points

Auto Finance Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

where you see yourself in 5 years, tell me a time when you have to used your sales skill to overcome an obstacles, tell me a time when you had a conflict with peers, tell me a time when you unable to get the loan done,

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Fill out an online application. Someone from hr contacts you to ask a few questions and share scheduling details with you. Then you are scheduled for a face to face interview. If the manager is pleased with your interview you are emailed to follow up with your background check which includes bonding. Once that is done you are officially hired !

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer. What was wrong and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Everyone starts at the same pay.