Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
2,887 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   View Answer
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   View Answer
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   View Answer
    Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

applied online, got an email, phone call, group interview (big group), one on one with store manager, got offer and hired. Interviews were professional and easy. Asked common retail and customer service questions. Group interview was interesting because what other people say and give you time to think of a good answer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn around a bad customer service experience with a customer   Answer Question
    none

Lead Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

One on One interview to go over your background and experience. Many customer service and sales questions. Tellers Sell and cater to the needs of their customers no matter how ridiculous they are and the interview makes sure you can handle crazy people and get them to agree to new products.

Interview Questions
    • When did you do something that was morally right rather than choose the easy way out? And what is the impact of that decision?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

You will get a phone call from a recruiter and you will be asked some questions. Once you get through that process you may get another interview with one of the managers from the location you applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions will be based on how you handle hard situations with other people. Also it will be important to mention how you work with other people. Keep in mind you will be interacting with people all day long.   View Answer

Marketing Consultant Interview

3 step process....recruiter, hiring manager and panel. If applying outside your living area, all interviews are over phone, which can be difficult for them to get to know you. Recruiter is very helpful in preparing you for next interview (if you make it through)

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

First i applied online, within three days i received an email stating there was appiontments available for group interviews to pick a date and time. When i clicked the link the times had already filled up so i waited for another one. It came available about 5 days later. I got to it quicker this time and scheduled a time.

Interview Questions
    • Q: introduce yourself, tell your expirence and work history as relevant to the job, why you want to work as a teller, and why do you want to work for wells fargo.

Q: Tell of your biggest accomplishment, what obstacles you faced and how you overcome them and what you learned.

Q: Tell of a sales goal or accomplishment you are proud of and how long it took to acheive it, the most difficult part and whaty ou learned from it.

Q: tell of a time you dealt with an unsatisfied customer and what was the outcome, how did you resolve the issue and what did you learn

Q: do you have any questions for me.

These are the only questions that we were asked. It was volunteer based but EVERYONE answered just at their own pace and time. There was only 7 of us and one recruiting consultant. YES, this questions do have a bunch of other questions within them and they are looking for ONE situation that answers all of them. We also filled out a sheet that listed our availabilities and our information and we were shown a slideshow that gave us more information on the job.

Answer Question

Leadership Pipeline Summer Program - Technology Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I initially had a 30 minute interview on campus with the program manager of the Leadership Pipeline Program. After our conversation, he identified a good service line that aligned with both their needs and my career interests, and I had an hour-long phone interview with two members of that group. Both interviews were behavioral -- asking about my professional interests, why I was interested in Wells Fargo, and several situational questions (IE tell me about a time when...). A few days after the final round interview, I was extended an offer to join the team. Note: still making a decision on whether or not I am accepting the offer but I had to select one of the options below.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, as it was a summer internship.

Quantitative Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The interview process is normal for the industry. Formal dress, three interviewers asking smart questions trying to poke your brain and figure out if you would be a good fit in their organization for the advertised role. I could answer some of the math questions, but some of my answers apparently did not satisfy them as they were formulated in generalized mathematical formalism and not in the simple terms used in that industry.he interview process is normal for the industry. Formal dress, three interviewers asking smart questions trying to poke your brain and figure out if you would be a good fit in their organization for the advertized role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2015.

First interview is a group interview. A recruiter asked the group 3 questions and we went around the room so everyone had the chance to answer every question. Took about 2 hours. If you do well you're receive a call from the recruiter to set a face to face interview with branch managers. This interview is revolved around the same questions asked in the group interview.

Wear muted colors
    Men: SUIT AND TIE. (use tie to add a little color, but nothing too crazy)
    Women: skirt, jacket

The position is all focused on sales and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What’s a time you've overcome an obstacle? What did you learn?

2. When’s a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?

3. Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?

4. We find coachability very important. When’s a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively?

5. Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT

6. Explain a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer.

7. Explain a bad situation you had with a customer, how did you handle it & what was the outcome?

8. Why would you like to be a WF Teller?

9. How does the position fit into your future goals?

10. What is your significant accomplishment? Something you're proud of.

11. What's a significant goal you've set? Describe the goal. How long did it take to achieve? Most difficult part? What did you learn about yourself?

12. What's a time you dealt with a challenging situation? How did you resolve the issue? How did you retain a customer? What was the outcome? What made the greatest impact to customer? What did you learn through this interaction?

13. What are the goals that you have achieved at your previous job?

Answer Question

Business Process Analyst II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Phone interview first, then if you move on to next round you will have a onsite interview with the hiring manager and sometimes have a 2nd onsite interview with management. Sometimes the managers already know who they are going to hire and still have to interview several people.