Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015
3,400 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job. Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group. Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt. Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   6 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   2 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   3 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got A part time of 24 hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was a rather easy interview process. I applied (I knew someone who already worked there). I didn't get an interview because I knew someone though. I had to apply online and was pre-screened. It was a rather short interview and didn't include a panel, however I did meet everyone who worked at the branch before and after my interview. It was a very comfortable experience as I was new to interviewing for a professional position and didn't know what to expect. Larger branches may be more intimidating to interview at.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you handled a customer conflict, how did it turn out? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Apllied online which led to a very straight forward phone interview. Softball questions just designed to get you to talk about your background. They then set me up for a group interview. I thought this was a bit nerve wracking since they asked questions and went around the room with everyone answering the question one by one.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied multiple times; One or two phone interviews.., one group interview, three in-person interviews. I got denied twice and the third interview I got hired. I applied for a Teller position at the young age of 19 with little work experience, so I had a more difficult time in my interview process. Five years more mature, I would describe this interview process as easier. No unexpected questions, just be able to explain customer service experience, it also helps to have sales and cash drawer experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of your best customer service. Describe a challenging customer situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online, shortly after submitting an application did an online assessment. Passed the assessment and got an invite to a group interview . Waited about two weeks until there was one being hosted. There was about 6 of us and we were asked three sets of questions relating to customer service. After the interview we were told we would hear whether we were successful in the group interview in 3-5 business days. My group interview was Wednesday and I got an email the next Monday explaining that I passed. That same week Friday I got an email explaining that I'm invited for a Teller assessment for the final interview. We will see how that goes

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you set a goal and you were successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in the hiring process. But the minimum pay is great in my opinion if I get hired there will be no negotiation

Treasury Management Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very open and conversational. Interviewer (Manager) was great. I felt at ease and didn't feel interrogated. It was more of a conversation than an interview. Originally asked for an informational interview prior to applying for the position. Can tell right off the bat management was very supportive and great at their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Treasury Management? What interests you? What do you do when you are not at work?   Answer Question

Private Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Same basic info needed for all jobs in this industry. Need to know your production and who you do business with currently. Do you have a business plan?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Apply to the desired position online. If a qualified candidate, a recruiter will contact you to set up a phone screening. After the phone interview, if the recruiter thinks you're a good fit for the position, you will receive a call from the hiring manager to schedule a one-on-one interview. Personal Interviews are usually done by two people. Situational Questions are asked and require a story formatted answer.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you have a story answer that fits scenarios that have to do with ... sales or identifying a sales opportunity providing great customer service helping a team mate or friend motivating a team or your peers assisting an angry customer remaining calm and professional when it was hard to do so meeting a difficult goal or deadline at work   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First round basic HR interview. Second round phone interview. The interviewer was nice and generally laid back. He said "perfect" after my answers to each question and said he would pass on positive remarks but I did not get an offer to go to their superset.

Interview Questions

• What is your best accomplishment in school or in an internship?   Answer Question
    • Describe the 3 financial statements to someone with no financial background   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Meetings with Management on several different occasions then a go ahead from top management. Phone interviews as well as face to face with a business plan. Normal interview questions focused on the mortgage and banking experience I had.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for from Wells Fargo   1 Answer