Wells Fargo

Updated Feb 25, 2015
2,837 Interview Reviews

2.7

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   View Answer
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   View Answer
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   Answer Question
    Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Commercial Real Estate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interviewed by two analysts asking mainly fit questions as well as two accounting questions.They also asked why real estate. The main points they were trying to get at were to see if I would fit in with the team.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online, directly on their website. I received an email saying that for this position it's required a web-based screening. Once you complete it and depending on the results, you could be considered for an interview (the screening shows your results once you have finished). Two days after I received an automated email saying there were more dates available for interviews so what I did was schedule my own interview choosing one of the dates available. I went to my interview, and met three more candidates. The interviewer wanted to know the last three places where we have worked, names of the company, and how long we worked there, obviously you have to say a brief description of what you did there.

If you did it well, and were convincing with your answers they are going to contact you for an interview with the manager, who is the one to makes the final decision. You would receive an email saying if you was selected for the next interview or if you were not. It would take between one and two weeks to hear from them.

They are looking for people who can make sales, it will be considered a sale when you suggest to a customer another service and redirect him/her to your coworker who is in charged to seal the negotiation and excellent customer service.

Suggestion: While you are applying for a job as a teller, you must select the places where you would like to work based on you current location (10 miles radius from where you live), otherwise, they are going to ask you to apply to a place that better fit your commuting needs. In my personal opinion this has something to do with the salary you will earn and that you have to work for the company at least one year to be considered for promotion.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a teller?
      Based on your past sales experience, how did you sell the products/service?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Do you have any experience handling cash?

View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online and got an interview fairly quickly. It was a group interview with about 6-8 other people. The interviewer made sure we were comfortable and ready to talk at anytime.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer.
      Explain a bad situation you had with a customer, how did you handle it & what was the outcome?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied for an interview on my university's website. The interview was on campus at the career center. It was pretty much a basic interview with standard questions. There were two interviewers. Asked a lot of behavioral questions and a lot of questions about my resume. Overall, it was a good experience. Know a lot about the company and why you want the job before you go in.

Interview Questions
    • Why Wells Fargo? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time when you were given a project with no details in how to complete it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Submitted my resume and cover letter online through the website as well as my university.
    Took up to a month to hear back from them and then had a phone interview with the Commercial Banking Manager.
    Be prepared to talk about financial markets and how they affect us.

Besides the questions below all the other questions were behavioral and surrounded your resume and past experiences working in groups / projects. Talk about them!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project you think will be related to the work you will do at Wells Fargo.   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with financial markets?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you started a project and the projects' specifications changed midway?   Answer Question
    • What is a recent economic event that you think will impact us here locally?   Answer Question

Home Preservation Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Three part interview. The first was a phone screen from the recruiter asking basic behavioral questions (strengths/weaknesses, describe a stressful environment where you had to succeed etc). Be very specific with your stories. The second part will be an interview with one or three managers. They ask situational questions. The third part is a second interview with one or three managers with more situational questions. Nothing too tough, just enjoy it and have a fun conversation!

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Says a lot about the company that they sent a rep to meet with students and did not cut anyone through a phone interview or by resumes. Only one person interviewing - very standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the financial statements
      Time you worked on a team
      Do you want to highlight anything on your resume?
      What do you do to keep up to date with the financial world?

Answer Question
    None

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Got a phone interview with recruiter a couple weeks after applying, then a inperson interview at bank the folowwing week. Then quickly got an offer depending on background check which included fingerprints.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

I applied online at the career website. About 3 days later, I received a group interview invite for the following Thursday (Yesterday) @ 10 a.m.. Walked into the branch, their was about 15 other candidates sitting in the lobby. I took the last available seat as 2 others walked in. From the time that I walked in, we waited about 10 minutes before being directed to a back (conference like) room. Signed in. Their was a panel of 4 people. They were Branch managers and a recruiter. Each candidate did an introduction that consisted of your name and current or previous job title relevant to the position they applied for (Teller). We were then told a little about the company. The motto, possible career paths, store hours, compensation, etc. we were then told that we would have to answer a series of questions. We were allowed time to write them down and then answer when we were ready! We then responded to these questions, which turned out to be short stories, took about 1 1/2 hours for 15 ppl to answer 3 questions each... UGH!!!! Such a drag. The panel sat quietly and took notes. After we completed the questions we were asked about location preference, availability and restrictions. We were asked did we have any questions. No one had any. We were told that we should expect to be contacted within a Max. 2 week period, whether we were chosen or not. We were then dismissed. As everyone stood up to leave, the branch manager asked for 3 of us to remain, so that "he could get more availability info". As we stayed behind he asked were we available to immediately meet with the district manager at the corporate location. We were informed that if we did good at the next interview, that we would be offered the position. We headed to lunch for an hour, then headed over to the corporate location. Spoke with DM. GOT THE POSITION!!!

My advice would be practice and preparation. Great eye contact, not only to the panel, but to everyone in the room. Project your voice. I have full blown anxiety. So I practiced in the mirror for a week. I drove my family crazy with practice questions. I'm typically intimidated by authority figures. Like I'd go mute sometimes. I remained calm and worked it out.

Dress like your graduating from Harvard Law! Ladies, pant or skirt suit, dark colors, nothing that'll be a distraction. I wanted to wear an ascot. Changed my mine. Gentlemen, SUIT!!!! Tie!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to be a WF Teller?   Answer Question
    • How does the position fit into your future goals?   Answer Question
    • What is your significant accomplishment? Something you're proud of.   Answer Question
    • What's a significant goal you've set? Describe the goal. How long did it take to achieve? Most difficult part? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What's a time you dealt with a challenging situation? How did you resolve the issue? How did you retain a customer? What was the outcome? What made the greatest impact to customer? What did you learn through this interaction?   Answer Question