Wells Fargo

2,073 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Intern Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – First round interview: (didn't get past) Two of the three guys interviewing were typical cold, unfriendly, intimidating guys who didn't project a good vibe for the company. One guy appeared like he didn't want to be there. Another guy was pretentious. The other guy was friendly, conversational, etc. It wasn't a terrible set of interviewers, but they weren't fantastic.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Tell me about a time when you or a group you worked in did something wrong and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview

Interview Question – No question was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lead Teller Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The first interview for teller was a group interview with other candidates. Then there was an interview with a branch store and service manager. They asked behavioral questions such as describe a time when...
The interview for lead teller occurred with the branch manager and the service manager. Same types of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy. Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you solve the problem at hand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no opportunities to negotiate. If you ask at an interview they tell you that discussion will happen with the HR adviser. Then the HR adviser tells you that conversation should have occurred with your manager.

Sophomore Leadership Conference Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details – Application is online and requires a transcript, resume, and a paper based on Diversity in the workplace. First interview is very easy and takes place on the phone. Second interview takes place on site at the end of the conference. I had 8 interviews and they were all behavioral. About 700 applicants apply for this position and 35 are chosen.

The company has a ranking system to where you rank the best fit for yourself out of the 8 interviews. If the interviewer likes you and ranks you the same number (such as a 1 ranks a 1), you get an internship. However, they do not pay for your housing at all. So if the interviewer is in Chicago, but you live in Milwaukee, the chances of you getting paired of seldom, even if you connected with your interviewer so it's a tough strategy in regards to selecting the best fit. The internship pays you $18 per hour for 10 weeks.

Interview Question – All behavioral. Some interviewers do go off script and ask, "Why Wells Fargo?" or "What interests you specifically in Commercial Real Estate" or "Why would you be the best fit out of my long list of interviewees today?" The best way to practice is to get a series of scenarios mapped out in your head of "Tell me a time when..." and put them in STAR Format.

At this conference, it is rare for you to see any Accounting questions asked but it would be a good idea to brush up on the financial statements just incase you are thrown a curveball.
  Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – How did you handle an unexpected change in a group to which you belonged?   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy. Group setting, team exercises. If you are even slightly motivated you can shine as a group leader to get the exercise done. If you can take the pre exam for the series 7, this will work in your favor if you do well.

Negotiation Details – phone call with Store Manager

Call Center Planning Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2010.

Interview Details – First part was a phone interview. Basic questions about strengths and weaknesses. Second part was one on one interview. Same questions.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions was giving an experience where you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Regional Bank Private Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me to see if I was interested in leaving my current company to obtain the series 7 license and become a regional bank private banker at wells fargo. The recruiter conducted a phone interview, then scheduled a one on one face to face interview with the district manager and the affluent customer sales coach. After the interview, I immediately received a phone call the same day with an offer, which was negotiabled a few times until agreeing.

Interview Question – Most questions were typical behavioral sales questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter reached out to me, offered series 7 examination and license. There was a phone interview with the recruiter to make sure I was a good fit. From there, they scheduled for me to meet with the district manager and affluent sales coach. Immediately after the interview, the recruiter called me back and gave me a low ball offer. From there I told him I needed time and that I was expecting something higher. After a few times going back and forth, we were finally able to agree on a set salary.

Phone Banker I Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Interview Details – I originally applied on line and about 3 days later recvd a call to set up a phone interview the basic sar questions were asked during the interview relating to diffusing difficult customers and having the ability to be able to upsell

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you had to implement change in your work place, what was the result   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i just accepted the offer because i needed a job i did not negotiate

Personal Banker II – Registered Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Manager interview, hired.

Interview Question – None that stick out. Standard sales questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wells Fargo WILL negotiate. You have to be good though. They only come back with like 2k more though . They are stingy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice. All 2,073 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.