Wells Fargo Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Monte, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straight forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   Answer Question

CSSR Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The process was ok, first was a phone interview, second a group interview (be sales oriented) and finally one last group interview where they have you script read in front of managers and district managers.

Interview Questions
    • script reading wasnt that hard but probably the hardest part of the interview process   Answer Question
    none

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2011.

Applied online, hiring process took about 2-3 weeks. Once you apply online there is an initial phone screening, then face to face interview. If hired, there will be a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Question on self employment tax returns. Make sure you know the different types 1040, Schedule C etc.   Answer Question
    You need to know different types of tax returns and ace the interview to negotiate. Excellent overtime and bonus structure.

Consumer Loan Underwriter III Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Large job fair at a local hotel. HR recruiters interviewed each individual and then offered them a position if they qualified. It was a very easy and unstressful experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult borrowers?   View Answer
    Very simple. The employee benefits were better than most other employers.

Teller Interview

Phone interview, followed by another phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. Interview was with two managers in an office setting, they seemed preoccupied and busy. Seemed to stress importance of sales and candidates ability to meet sales goals

Interview Questions
    • Asked about sales experience, strengths and weaknesses at former job, how to handle difficult customers etc   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Fair process but starting wage is low. Employer needs to match the going market rate to reduce the turnover. Be prepared to use the STAR method of answering questions. Technical qns concentrate on acct Balance Sheet inc

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral was plus few technical qns   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tulare, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Tulare, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

Applied online at the wells fargo site, from there They sent me a link to take a online assesment, once I passed the assesment I was sent a link to scehdule a date and time for a group interview. During the group interview there were 10-12 others with me and 1 recruiter she asked us a total of 3 questions Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What was the outcome? and tell me about a time you achieved a personal goal? we all took turns answering each question, then after we all finished she gave us information on the teller position and filled out additional paperwork on availability and which location we had preferred. After that the recruiter explains that she will call within one week to let us know if we passed the group interview. I passed the group interview and was then scheduled for a face to face interview with the branch I was looking to be interviewed at, I was interviewed by 3 of the branch managers and they asked me more questions on customer service, sales experience, ect. They will then let you know if you are hired or not I am still waiting for a reply I just interviewed today.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe something Positive about you in one word what would it be ? And negative   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I first filled out the application online, went through the assessment test, got an email for the interview which was a group interview of about 12 candidates all for different locations. The interview went very well the recruiter was very nice and welcoming made you feel comfortable. You watch a video fill out another application and then she asked the group about 4 questions all related to your past work experience. Make sure to participate and think about your answers before answering.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you went above and beyond with customer service ? Name a time you set a sales goal and accomplished it, how did you do it ? Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo ?   Answer Question

Innovation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

The hiring process was overall a very pleasant one. The first step was a written evaluation. You receive a word document/form from HR and simply answer questions about your experience and background. I thought it was helpful as it gave a better idea of what they were truly looking for in teh role. The second step was a series of behavioral interviews. Unfortunately, the position was cancelled. But I did feel throughout the process I was informed of the next steps in a timely and professional manner. The company and this group is extremely focused on results but also if a candidate is a good culture fit. Ability to collaborate and build relationships are key here.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!