Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015
2,952 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   3 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   1 Answer
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

There is a 3 tier interview process, that is uncomplicated and easily completed. First a phone interview, then two additional interviews followed by a background check. There is no drug testing. If you have an outgoing and friendly personality, aren't shy with money, and love people this is a great fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the sales aspect of the job?   1 Answer

Branch Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Denton, TX).

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter. The process was rather long and painful there was very little sense of finding out who I was. Focus was on business and not about the culture of the company to determine if we were a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a negative situation with an employee or client?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Silverton, OR).

Interview

This process started with meeting the service manager (my eventual supervisor) as a follow-up to my application. It then moved to a formal interview face to face again with the service manager. She asked me fairly generic questions for a customer service position. The interview portion took about an hour. After that, I waited for about a month to receive an offer for the position. It was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an unsatisfied customer in the past?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

the process hiring process was quick and painless. i applied online last week, interviewed over the phone Friday and had a face to face interview today. my recruiter called me just a few hours later telling me the good news that wf wanted to move forward with the hiring process! the next step you will be required to provide fingerprints and consent to a back round check .be positive, enthusiastic, and provide detailed answers and you'll do great!

Interview Questions

• tell me about your most significant accomplishment you made as a part of a group basically,what was your contribution to the project or whatever your role was in helping your team with this accomplishment? (this one threw me off)   1 Answer
    • what are you looking for in this position? (something like "why did you apply for this particular position at wf")   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to meet a difficult sales goal and what did you do to meet it? (i think this is the most important. be detailed!)   Answer Question
    • if you are not meeting your goal, what will you do and how quickly will you turn it around?   Answer Question

Operations Clerk (While Attending College) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Employee Referral Program credits internal employees for the recommendation of potential quality candidates. This was the circumstance that has given me the opportunity to start my career in the banking industry. Internal employee connection was already established that aided me with the simple interview process.

The simple interview process inquired about my goals and interests, along with any questions I have. Since I was a college student, I had little experience to ask specific questions. Nonetheless, I accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager offered to answer any questions I may have about Wells Fargo, since I was still a college student.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview went well. Don't be nervous because they will know and don't forget to smile. Be ready to have examples to back up your answers. You want your answers to be related to the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer? How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

CSSR Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

very smooth and easy. just make sure you go well prepared and have your sales cap on. wells is all about sales and making sure their customers are very well taken care of

Phone Banker I (Lo) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR).

Interview

Applied online, contacted within three days for phone interview. Had some issues with the recruiter as they were not efficient nor organized. Phone interview was cancelled by recruiter and since I contacted them back, it was rescheduled. Took 10 minutes, scheduled in person interview following week. Interview questions were very wordy. Background check and credit check for this department were requested and to be completed within 48 hours. Job offered and accepted. Be prepared to give a lot of examples of how you worked in teams and by yourself and with tough situations, followed with you actions to resolve those situations and the final outcome.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the hundreds of other applicants?   1 Answer

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

The process was very easy. I had a ohone interview which wasnt very long and she scheduled me for an in person interview. There were 2 people interviewing me which made me nervous but they both were fun to talk to. They asked a lot of questions about my previous work history, experience selling, and customer service stories. The next morning after the interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe any sales experience you have.   1 Answer