Wells Fargo Commercial Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interviewed by two analysts asking mainly fit questions as well as two accounting questions.They also asked why real estate. The main points they were trying to get at were to see if I would fit in with the team.

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Reading, PA).

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter online through the website as well as my university. Took up to a month to hear back from them and then had a phone interview with the Commercial Banking Manager. Be prepared to talk about financial markets and how they affect us. Besides the questions below all the other questions were behavioral and surrounded your resume and past experiences working in groups / projects. Talk about them!

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you think will be related to the work you will do at Wells Fargo.   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with financial markets?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you started a project and the projects' specifications changed midway?   Answer Question
    • What is a recent economic event that you think will impact us here locally?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (College Park, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. I applied through my universities career center and was invited for an on-campus interview. Interview too about 30 minutes. Most of the questions the interviewer asked was behavioral. The first portion of the interview was the interviewer asking behavioral and 2 technical questions and the second part of the interview consisted of a more casual conversation. Not very technical but you should still have a good grasp on the basics.

Interview Questions

• Explain the 3 financial statements as if I didn't have a financial background   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I received the interview by applying online. It was a phone interview and he had me walk through my resume. Several behavioral questions and few technical. Overall a good interview, Wells Fargo is a great company.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the financial statements and explain how they're all connected.   Answer Question

Commercial Lending Analyst Interview

Interview

first round interview on school campus, second round in the office for super day that lasted about three hours. Nothing too difficult, know basic accounting principles. They have pre formatted questions from HR that they are required to ask which are the basic accounting questions. Also asked some behavioral questions like "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting questions: -what does EBITA stand for -how are the three financial statements linked -if you were to use one financial statement which would you use -what is the formula for DSCR   1 Answer

Commercial Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

On campus information session followed by a phone screen and then followed by two half hour interviews. Each interview started with behavioral questions and then led to a few technical questions that focused on the financial statements and how they relate to the banking industry. Make sure you are up to date with news in the industry and can easily walk your way through the balance sheet and income statement.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name the three financial statements and how they relate to each other?   Answer Question

Commercial Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Wells on line application and resume submission process is very easy to navigate. The entire process for this specific role was very efficient, 3 weeks from online submission to final interview and feedback. The most impressive part of the process was the invaluable feedback received from the interviewing manager. This is unheard of from past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Panel interview consisting of situational based interview questions, specifically leadership competencies.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Completed the process through my University's career center. The process took about 2 weeks from submission deadline, to pre-interview dinner, to on campus, then office final round. There was great transparency in the whole process, and there interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What stock would you recommend and why? (Unsure what they were looking to test me on here)   1 Answer

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I did a simple resume drop on my campuses career website and I got an invitation to interview. The interview was about a week later. In the first interview they ask you questions about yourself and your resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked me two sort of technical questions. First, they asked what financial document I would look at to determine a customers creditworthiness. Then they asked a question about how the three financial documents relate to each other.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied via my school's career resource center and had one phone interview, the phone interview was approximately 45 minutes. The questions consisted of 3 technical questions and 2 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you look for outside of a company's financials to determine their creditworthiness?   Answer Question