Wells Fargo Interview Questions

3,264 Interview Reviews

2.8

SharePoint Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

It was slow. I got responses from the various levels of interviewers very slowly. I had to inquire with them many times. The technical interview went fine and then i got interview with the Director. It was totally not i would expect. It hypothetical situations, role play...for which i was not prepared (not in the mind set to do a role play with the Director i haven't met yet and give authentic replies that i will probably if i am working there.) I don't know if it a productive way to interview. I didn't go well and i was not offered the job...

Interview Questions

• Suppose you are the BA and the technical manager does not agree with you on the solution. He wants to build a Java application instead of using SharePoint. So how you go about talking to him?   4 Answers

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2009.

Interview

When I first sat down, before we discussed anything else, the district manager asked me "So tell me what responsibilities you would have in this position." Isn't that what HE'S supposed to tell ME in the interview??? It was terribly awkward and unexpected, and totally threw me off. I said "Well, I don't know any more than what was listed in the job description." So he said to tell him about my work experience. I've been the interviewer for dozens of interviews, and always started off with "Tell me about your job experience and skills." Then, go through a description of the job and its responsibliities, and then discuss how the candidate's skills will match the job. This had to be the most poorly run interview I've ever had. It really made me question what this man would be like to work for!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what responsibilities you would have in this position?   1 Answer
    • How you would manage risk?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (South Gate, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

1st I took an assesment online, 2nd I recieved an email stating to call recrutting dept, 3rd phone interview with a recruiter, 4 I was invited to a group interview, 5 I was invited to the final step which included 3 one on one branch manager interviews and a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• what our some of the challenges of wells fargo?   Answer Question
    • tell me something you have done and that is against company policy, but that you still had to do it just to get the job done?   Answer Question

LAM I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was very detailed and difficult. The questions were very complex and compounded making it difficult to follow the line of questioning. The questions ranged from direct experience related questions, to complex behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you implemented a process that wasn't popular. What was the outcome? How did you overcome the negativity that can surround change?   Answer Question
    • Explain a change effort that didn't go well. What could you have done differently?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2010.

Interview

Since it's a technical position, it's fairly compacted, technical interview. One should no take lightly of the phone interview either, because it's q/a one after another. The personal interview is consist of a panel of 4,5 people, including managers, and mostly fellow developers. It's more grilling, and the toughest part is the programming exercise to perform in front of them. It's never wrecking enough to go to a panel interview, even more so to program in front of them. But I must admit, that allows you to demonstrate your daily activity and thought process.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Gabriel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Gabriel, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Applied online, and a simple phone interview came about a week later. Then it took about two months to get to the group interview where you have to be very aggressive and raise your hand for every question. Once you pass this interview you then go to a second interview where you give a presentation to District Managers, then one on one with them.

Interview Questions

• Please try and describe Wells Fargo products.   1 Answer

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Reno, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

the phone interview was a series of work related questions. I passed that. then the 1-1 interview was all about sales & when I would offer a sales answer the person doing the interview said it wasn't a sales. job so when I answer another question it was about up saleing products & services & still the lady that was reading the questions to me that sounded like sales. She keep saying it's not sales. so it was very confusing & I thought I nailed it with my 20 years in customer service & sales. but no job offer.

Interview Questions

• about how you would ask a customer for more products & services   1 Answer
    • when you get a customer that is not satisfied with his or her account. & everything you do to help the customer just makes them mad at you & you really couldn't help.   1 Answer

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Was emailed an invitation to discuss the position further. Called a few times and received a call describing the position and salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary based upon experience.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Lincoln, NE) in March 2010.

Interview

I had a group interview with 15 other people. It was absolutely absurd. One girl mentioned her dad was the manager, someone said they had already worked at another one in a larger city, and then one person went on a hardcore tangent about how it was their dream to work there. Naturally after intros I knew this was not gonna be happening. Seriously it all went down hill from there. They lady would say a question and it was a battle to see who would answer first. Imagine the Hunger Games but with business suits. Absolutely the worst interview I had ever been to. It made me very glad I didn't receive an offer. And I only put "very difficult" because of the whole group interview/tool bags/hunger games situation. The questions in general, not that big of a deal.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you went above and beyond   Answer Question
    • Why are you interviewing for Wells Fargo?   1 Answer

Store Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Lancaster, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

submit to posting- email from recruiter within days to schedule phone interview-2 weeks later interview with recruiter on phone- wait 6 weeks- recruiter schedules interview with hiring manager within two days only one time/day- day of interview recruiter calls to reschedule do to a schedule conflict with interview 'panel'- wait 2 weeks- interview rescheduled with panel of hiring manager and district manager for next day as they really need to move on process. Interview was classic star format alteranting questions between district manager and hiring manager. No real surprises just be sure to practice your delivery of situation, problem, resolution and don't get frazzled by an interviewer that continually asks for more detail. They are just reading from a script. There will be at least one or two questions without an answer, pay attention to the wording ask them to repeat it , if you are stumped answer with your best accomplishment and relate it however you can- they don't care,they just need to fill in their interview boxes. Chat the interviewers up a bit and send thank you notes all over including the people you met on the way in. Don't be surprised if your interviewer is inexperienced and this appears to be the first interview, maintain your professionalism and knock it out of the park.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through someone to resolve a customers problem. Names, dates, departments involved, dollars at risk   Answer Question

the offer was an insult, 37500 really- 20k less than comparable base pay at even smaller local banks plus you are required to be in your 'store' each day until 7pm and every Saturday if your numbers are not tracking to 150% of goal. So I would likely be getting a demotivated team and staying long and late , because the person in the position before me left for a reason.