Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
2,888 Interview Reviews

2.8

Phone Banker I Interview

I was interviewed over the phone for the Phone Banker 1position. She asked me questions like "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?" "Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?" "Tell me about a time you sold a product to a customer?" "Why did you leave your current position?" She said the position is solely about sales. So I got a second interview and she said to make sure I give good examples about my sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • "How did you sell products to customers in your previous position?"   Answer Question

Consumer Loan Underwriter III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

posted for job online, called for interview, one week later they emailed me an offer

Interview Questions
    • same generic questions as most places, tell me about a time you excelled when faced with a challage, blah, blah, blah   Answer Question
    Of course never accept the first offer, HR person will have ability to go up a little but not alot.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

Well, I did all my research about the company, position, and what to expect in a "group interview". Printed out the directions, left with a 20 min buffer b/c I like to arrive early. So, there was a mini accident on the freeway. That's ok-I still have enough time. Exit. Trying to make up time by cutting other cars off. Completely miss the turn. I'm driving and driving, until I hit residential. Realize I missed the road. Long story short-get to the office and dial the ext. It's 2:03pm. I'm 3 min late (which I am NEVER late). She tells me I have to reapply for the position-in 60 DAYS! So, I'm 3 mins late and I have to wait 60 days?! Not really sure if I want to work for a company that isn't understanding what so ever. Ugh!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part is knowing if I wouldn't have missed the turn-I would be in the group interview right now...instead of writing this review.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Contacted for recruitment position via email. Completed online assessment . silence. Emailed recruiter. Silence. A few days later received an email my resume is being forwarded to hiring manager. Silence. After contacting the recruiter received a call from hiring manager, 2 more phone interviews. The only time the recruiter actually spoke directly to me was to tell me I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Very Basic behavioral questions, I was under the impression they were not looming to hire me or had someone in mind.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

One on One interview and panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about customer service, problem solving and sales   Answer Question

Wells Fargo/Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied for the job and about 2 days later got a call asking for a phone screen. I did the phone screen and was asked for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and since I was a couple states away in the process of moving, they asked for another phone interview. That one went well so the manager called me again and just chit chatted, went over my pay, etc. She was very nice, asking what my plans were going to be this weekend, how my day was going, etc. About an hour later I got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • "If a customer came in saying you put money into the wrong account, what would you do?"
      "Have you recently unexpectedly helped a friend or stranger in need? How? What was the outcome?

View Answer

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

First a phone interview then a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to convince someone of your way of thinking.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Hiring consisted of first a group interview with a recruiter. Then you wait 2-3 weeks for a branch manager to contact you for in person interview. Interview with branch manager was a group interview. Questions were typical and not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical. None difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Pay was not as advertised and below market standard for a teller.

Data Consultant Interview

1.Tell me about yourself.
    2. Have you any experience of project management?
    3. Tell me about your testing experience.
    4. Experience validating data and different data sets?
    5. Experience in gathering requirements?
    6. Where do you live?

Interview Questions
    • Have you come across any scenario where customer reqs could not be fulfilled?   Answer Question

Banker Interview

Minimal education required
    Many interruptions during interview
    Interviewer had difficulty communicating in English.
    Interviewer read questions.
    Interviewer was unable to answer my questions.