Wells Fargo Interview Questions

3,265 Interview Reviews

2.8

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

3 -4 interviews, use the STAR method, Situation, Task, Action, Result. There was an initial phone interview where you are asked to describe how you would handle various situations, then an aptitude test math and personality. No calculator on the math. Then an in person 1:1 followed by a panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The process is very thorough and took over 3 months. This allows you the opportunity to meet the key stakeholders you will be working with if selected. There were 2 phone interviews followed by 3 separate face to face interviews with at least a week in between each interview. Then just over 2 weeks before the offer was communicated.

Interview Questions

• What, specifically, interested you in Wells Fargo and in this particular role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very reasonable and open to discussion. I gave a little and so did they.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Group interview detailing different scenarios in retail banking. The point of this is to gauge the candidates ability to navigate through issues while maintaining exceptional customer service. Some may not like group interviews but it's actually a really great way to stand out.

E-Business Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Overall the interview process was seamless and transparent. I initially met with potential peers of the role and ultimately met with the manager of the group. Decisions were made fairly quickly throughout the process. The group was very good about following up and kept me abreast of status along the way. I feel that the potential peers and manager of the role were very open and honest.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to deal with a difficult business partner who tried to derail the project. What did I do?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Minnetonka, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview.

Interview Questions

• Whens a time youve dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Simple behavioral questions in a panel setting. Had one phone interview, one in-person 2 on one, and then a final interview with the hiring manager 1-1. It was relatively standard and everyone was thoroughly helpful throughout.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you collaborated across business lines to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question

Operations Processor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterville, NC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Winterville, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 people. They ask questions individually and then write them down. They do not pay attention to you while you speak. They usually ask between 10-15 questions. Once completed they ask if you have any questions regarding the job opportunity. If no, then they will give you the time frame when you might be contacted.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you??   1 Answer

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Duluth, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy. They made sure to let you know it was sales oriented. I had never been in a group interview but was to that ad. I got an offer and negotiated the salary just a little. Overall not that bad if you are into sales.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

One of the first steps I took was going online and creating an account on the careers page for Wells Fargo. I applied to multiple positions and I received an email with interview times to choose from. The interview I attended was a group interview with seven other candidates, including the recruiting officer. The recruiter asked us three questions and we had to answer them in STAR format (Situation, Action and Result). The recruiter then told us that they would call us if they want us, or they would send an email if they did not feel we are fit for the position. Fortunately, I received a phone call and a few more afterwards. Currently I am waiting to have an interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult customer interaction. What did you do to resolve the issue? What did you learn about yourself afterwards?   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

They called me by phone , and it was very quickly. Less than 5 questions related to background experience. I was really expecting more but at the end I did not have the chance to explain more. I think the lady in the other line in the phone was very busy attending other stuff.

Interview Questions

• How was your last performance report in your last job?   Answer Question