Wells Fargo Interview Questions

2,890 Interview Reviews

2.8

Business Process Analyst II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Phone interview first, then if you move on to next round you will have a onsite interview with the hiring manager and sometimes have a 2nd onsite interview with management. Sometimes the managers already know who they are going to hire and still have to interview several people.

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Very quick had to submit a fingerprint and background check but very efficient process. One phone interview and one store interview with the store manager and possibly district manager as well.

OCS Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied, received email right away for interview, interview finished within a week . the process went quickly always kept in touch so you knew where younsyood. I would rate Salt Lake City, Yvon the best. She's great!

Interview Questions
    • Tell a time when you had to work with an angry customer, how did you handle.   View Answer
    Set as per job description

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Process took a long time, over a month. First apply online, then take an assessment they email you. After that you have a phone screening interview. Once you have completed all that you then get a real interview that was a panel interview with other candidates and several store managers. This included some role playing to see how you would handle different situations and were asked questions about work experience and background. After that HR will locate a store for you and make you an offer,

Interview Questions
    • Involved pretending to sell made-up products from a random business with a partner and reversing roles.   Answer Question
    They make an offer, I didn't try to negotiate it since there is a specific range they use and formulate based upon experience and location.

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Very professional. Applied at a temp agency and went through their process. Then was selected for position at Wells Fargo then went through their interview process with a supervisor. During interview had the training process explained and requirements of the position explained.

Teller Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Be careful. You'll be so excited about the job/promotion that they'll lowball you on salary If you are offered the job pleaase hold your ground on your salary requirement. It's a crying shame what they'll offer up front and then claim there's no way to increase it more.

Financial Analyst; Global Banking Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Separate phone interview with regional manager and 2 in-person interviews. Majority of questions were "fit" related, but a lot of emphasis was placed on explaining specific projects worked on and the results of those projects. Basic accounting knowledge is essential. Should know cash flow statement well and effects of transactions across the various financial statements. Accounting knowledge seemed to be more important in the later rounds. Initial interviews were more geared toward fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me the discounted cash flow model   Answer Question
    • A company buys and asset half with cash and half with credit. Explain to me the effects across the 3 financial statements.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a project with a group of people you did not know and what did you do to get to know the group?   Answer Question
    • Why is net income not a good indicator of cash flow?   Answer Question
    • What are the factors you consider when evaluating a company for a loan?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview process was quick, collegial and not terribly challenging. This might have been because they were desperate to hire new employees. They experience heavy staff turnover. The process starts with a phone interview who screened for minimum experience & skills. A 2 on 1 interview quickly followed (hiring manager and her boss) with a job offer within 48 hours.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The interview process is primarily a fit interview. It starts with tell me about yourself with some basic behavioral interviews. It then asks for a second phone interview and finally an interview to where you are called in. The call in interview process is a full day interview process in which one meets and interviews with a panel, and from there you are selected or rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you needed to lead a group?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2015.

First I had a phone interview; things were going well up until I said I didn't much like cold-calling, I felt the negative feeling in her voice, so I quickly followed it up stating how it would be best to pipe-line future sales and that I planned on joining the chamber of Commerce etc to build up clientele. I guess the phone interview went well, because 4 days later I received a call to set up an in-person interview. A few days later I was on sight for my face-to-face interview with both the floor manager and the bank manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are your thee biggest accomplishments, Why Wells Fargo, what do you know about the positions, when did you have to meet sales goals, and how did you do it.   View Answer