Wells Fargo

2,257 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting application you will get an email with screening questions. They are really easy as they are based on how many years you have of experience of Customer service and selling experience. If you pass you will get a screen where you will be able to pick an interview time which will be conducted as a group.
Your group will be from anything from 5-10 max. people. You will get ask 3 questions such topics as customer service, selling goal and accomplishments.
If you pass your group interview then your information will be passed down to the branch you applied to. From there you will get a call to set up interview and well they will. have about 6questions. Then its up to the Branch manager to decide which candidate best fits his location. So good luck ! be relax and stay true to yourself

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above beyong for a customer?
What has been your biggest accomplishment? How did you do acheive it ? What was the outcome ?
  Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took online assessment and was scheduled a group interview. After group interview was called to interview at a local branch and then offered a job. The group interview had about 20 people in the room and we were all asked the same question and watched a video about the company.

Interview Question – What do you when a customer is not satisfied with your service?   Answer Question

Personal Banker II – Registered Interview

Personal Banker II – Registered
Davenport, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process will primarily be geared around your ability to sell products/services. Also, turning a service type situation into a sale. Focus on previous banking experience is in the past....history of sales is what they are looking for in any position.

Interview Question – You will most likely be asked to sell/present a recommendation to the interviewer as if they were a bank client. Be prepared to ask fact finding questions of the "customer" and let the "customer" do most of the talking. Then recommend your solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was negotiable but most everything else is very structured.

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied Monday, passed the assessment and scheduled an interview for Tuesday. It was a group interview with 9 people. The recruiter asked three questions.
1) Why do you want to be a bank teller?

2) Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond customer service.

3) When did you have to meet a sales goal? Explain how you achieved it.

Then she told us more about the company. The interview lasted about an hour and twenty minutes.

I received a call the same day for a second interview with the district manager on Thursday.

The second interview were the same 3 questions from the first, and she also asked 1 question about cash handling experience. The interview was very quick, it lasted about 15 minutes. Three hours later I received a call about an offer for the job with a salary of $12.08/h and I accepted.

The process didn't take long at all, only 4 days for me :) Good Luck!

Interview Question – Remember to use STAR!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Personal Banker I (SAFE)
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details – During my application they asked a questionnaire, right after they said they'll be scheduling a phone interview. It was quite quick. For the phone interview they asked pretty standard questions about my work history and why I'd be a good fit at Wells Fargo. After the phone interview, I was asked when would be a best time to setup a face to face interview. I only had one face interview, it went very well, thy asked more about my work history, plus about how my sales performance has been in the passed. Just like any company that is looking to make a profit they ask about sales performance. An hour later I was called for a job offer.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was how I would be able to bring in foot traffic. Not that it's something you wouldn't do trying to bring in business. However, the first time I've been asked this in a interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, I didn't negotiate because the offer was better than expected.

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process includes applying online for an open position, a phone interview/ screening, a group interview done by a handful of managers and finally an interview at the hiring branch by usually the branch manager and service manager. The phone screening was fairly standard as far as questions and I would consider to be easy. The group interview is extremely intimidating because not only do the managers hear your answers to the questions but the other applicants do as well and you cant help but analyze who you think your real competition for the position will be. The questions are fairly personal and the interview lasted roughly a little more than an hour with 8-10 applicants total. The questions at the last interview at the branch were similar to the group interview. My particular experience was incredibly frustrating because I actually went through the process of the branch interview 3 times due to the first 2 branches wanting to hire me but hiring someone who had previously interviewed before me who they also wanted to hire before but didn't. Instead of then being immediately hired by the other branch, they wanted another interview. I believe I had 5 interviews in all.

Interview Question – In the last interview done at the branch, there was a lot of focus on sales knowledge. I was asked what type of experience I had with previous jobs in sales. The service manager who was leading the interview told me "I want you to sell me this pen." and she handed me her pen. It kind of caught me off guard a little bit because it was the main difference in questions compared to the other interviews. They look for an answer that includes a focus on the benefits of the product, not properties of the product. "Selling" bank products is difficult because it is not a tangible item that someone can walk out the door with. You have to sell it first finding the need for the product and then match the benefits of that product to the need the customer has.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Financial Analyst Program

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – applied online and waited for a long time to get an interview, which seems normal in Wells Fargo. I was on a phone interview for approximately 30 minutes and the interview was mostly technical and a few behavioral questions towards the end. However, it took me a month to find out i didn't get an offer, pretty slow in terms of the recruiting process

Interview Question – how do you underwrite a loan? why is cash flow important?   View Answer

Operations Manager III Interview

Operations Manager III

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – It was in 1995 so it's been some time. First met with 3 managers, then Department Manager, and then HR Rep. I was there for over 4 hours. Went well for the most part - Dept Manager kept taking phone calls during our discussion.

Negotiation Details – Here it is - want it or not??

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2010.

Interview Details – Posted job openings on external website for review by canidates. Usually 2 phone interviews, then a face to face interview. Aprox 1 week they will make offer. They send out a questionaire that you have to return within 5 business days. Then they will call you to setup 1st phone interview. After that phone interview they will setup a 2nd phone call, then they will setup a face to face.

Interview Question – Discuss previous position at other Bank and why I left the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy, 2 step process..

Very Easy Interview

Loan Document Specialist Interview

Loan Document Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2012.

Interview Details – Really brief interview. Nothing alarming. I expected to be asked more about my experience; however, the interviewer knew people I'd worked with at several of my former employers. I was questioned more about who I knew and how much I remember about them than about my experience. I guess the interviewer planned to ask my former co-workers more information about me.

Interview Question – Nothing.   Answer Question