Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
2,587 Interview Reviews

2.7

Lead Teller Interview

Situational interview process in which your answer isn't wrong but they use your response to see if your a good fit for that branch. You might not be a fit for that branch but others may be more your style.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare before interview so not to be thrown off by questions.   Answer Question
    They will not negotiate anything

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online ,received a follow up email that included a personality test, received a call for a group interview , then was called for a second interview with my managers to be and got the all back the same day

Interview Questions
    • A time when you went above and beyond to make a sale ?   Answer Question
    No negotiation offered

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

1) Basic online assessment.

2) Group interview.
    - watch video about company
    - recruiter explains policies, details about position, etc.
    - recruiter then asks for introduction and then asks 3 questions
    - lasts about 1hr30min

3) 1:1 w/branch managers

- Dress business professional.

- Make a point to answer using STAR format (if /when possible).

CONSUMER LENDING Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online. Process took a few months. First a phone interview with recruiter did not hear back in stated timeline. I received a location preference survey followed by a second phone interview with two people. Mostly behavioral questions for both interviews.

Interview Questions
    did not try to negotiate but I was happy with the pay for an intern

Store Manager II Interview

First Round done by recruiting either over the phone or at the training center - mainly behavior based questions. Second round done with the District Manager and Area Vice President, same questions as the first.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you learned a new computer program, how did you master it? What steps did you take?   Answer Question

Teller Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied for this job online and then took an assessment. After passing the assessment I was called by H.R. and was interviewed on the phone and then set up and interview date to meet with the Branch Manager and District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question they could ask was what is your weakness and as I really did not have one.   View Answer
    I really did well in the negotiation phase when they asked me what are my salary requirements. I simply ask the pay range, and explained that I would need to know that in order to give a detailed answer of my requirements. As my salary requirement is realistic and given the strengths I possess, make me an excellent value for your compensation dollar. They then tell me there range and I ask for the most given my experience.

Bank Teller Interview

Super easy. I had my group interview, 2nd interview, and got an offer all in one day. the hiring process was super speedy, they say it might take a few weeks for all of it to happen, but that's very unlikely.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the interview was very easy, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Quick interview, should be easy if you're well informed in accounting. I'm an economics major so I had some trouble. Asked usual questions you find on this site from other posts like walk me through the 3 financial statements, who is our CEO, why did you choose Wells Fargo, are you fine working out of state etc.

Interview Questions
    • Is it a good thing when businesses raise their capital and how can they do it   View Answer

Inbound Distribution Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Applied on line through Wells Fargo careers. Received email from recruiter with self evaluation form
    Received phone call from recruiter for additional clarification.
    Received email from team leader to schedule in person meeting.
    One hour with star questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

I had one interview on campus. It lasted for 20 min, was interviewed by 2 people. The first part was behavioral, questions why would you want to work for the company. There were some situational questions - explain the situation when you had to change things midway, ets. I was doing very well until they asked a technical accounting question. Im bus econ major, so I struggled a bit

Interview Questions
    • Explain balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows in basic words, to someone with no knowledge of finance.   Answer Question