Wells Fargo

Updated Mar 1, 2015
2,840 Interview Reviews

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Says a lot about the company that they sent a rep to meet with students and did not cut anyone through a phone interview or by resumes. Only one person interviewing - very standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the financial statements
      Time you worked on a team
      Do you want to highlight anything on your resume?
      What do you do to keep up to date with the financial world?

Answer Question
    None

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Got a phone interview with recruiter a couple weeks after applying, then a inperson interview at bank the folowwing week. Then quickly got an offer depending on background check which included fingerprints.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

I applied online at the career website. About 3 days later, I received a group interview invite for the following Thursday (Yesterday) @ 10 a.m.. Walked into the branch, their was about 15 other candidates sitting in the lobby. I took the last available seat as 2 others walked in. From the time that I walked in, we waited about 10 minutes before being directed to a back (conference like) room. Signed in. Their was a panel of 4 people. They were Branch managers and a recruiter. Each candidate did an introduction that consisted of your name and current or previous job title relevant to the position they applied for (Teller). We were then told a little about the company. The motto, possible career paths, store hours, compensation, etc. we were then told that we would have to answer a series of questions. We were allowed time to write them down and then answer when we were ready! We then responded to these questions, which turned out to be short stories, took about 1 1/2 hours for 15 ppl to answer 3 questions each... UGH!!!! Such a drag. The panel sat quietly and took notes. After we completed the questions we were asked about location preference, availability and restrictions. We were asked did we have any questions. No one had any. We were told that we should expect to be contacted within a Max. 2 week period, whether we were chosen or not. We were then dismissed. As everyone stood up to leave, the branch manager asked for 3 of us to remain, so that "he could get more availability info". As we stayed behind he asked were we available to immediately meet with the district manager at the corporate location. We were informed that if we did good at the next interview, that we would be offered the position. We headed to lunch for an hour, then headed over to the corporate location. Spoke with DM. GOT THE POSITION!!!

My advice would be practice and preparation. Great eye contact, not only to the panel, but to everyone in the room. Project your voice. I have full blown anxiety. So I practiced in the mirror for a week. I drove my family crazy with practice questions. I'm typically intimidated by authority figures. Like I'd go mute sometimes. I remained calm and worked it out.

Dress like your graduating from Harvard Law! Ladies, pant or skirt suit, dark colors, nothing that'll be a distraction. I wanted to wear an ascot. Changed my mine. Gentlemen, SUIT!!!! Tie!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to be a WF Teller?   Answer Question
    • How does the position fit into your future goals?   Answer Question
    • What is your significant accomplishment? Something you're proud of.   Answer Question
    • What's a significant goal you've set? Describe the goal. How long did it take to achieve? Most difficult part? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What's a time you dealt with a challenging situation? How did you resolve the issue? How did you retain a customer? What was the outcome? What made the greatest impact to customer? What did you learn through this interaction?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online, had phone interview, group interview / introduction. At group interview you watch video and write list of banks that you are willing to work at. A week later was called by manager of branch and had interview there. I was hired on the spot but declined the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this bank teller job?
      Tell me about a situation with an angry customer that you resolved?

Answer Question

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Resume drop online, First round on campus interview and hosted a pre-interview reception.

Interviewers were nice and genuinely interested in past internship and work experiences. Culture seems different from other big banks/typical corporate. Mainly got questions, given I was a non traditional candidate (not finance). Was told that I was well liked but not offered a position since I did not have enough technical knowledge/coursework, was encouraged to keep in contact and reapply for a full time once I take a few more classes!

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

the first interview was a group interview with 10 people. They asked about situational questions based on your past. It was pretty tough because you had to essentially one up the person next to you. Also, I got the vibe that certain people were already given jobs but just needed to go through the interview to fulfill their quota and to say they actually hire people from these group interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult customer and were you able to change their mind?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

First round interview was pretty basic. I applied through campus and the interview lasted 30 mins. Mostly behavioral questions, plus the standard walk me through your resume. A few technical questions that you should be able to answer given that you took accounting and finance.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a proforma analysis on a real estate property   Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

Applied through Indeed.com and quickly got a call back setting up a phone interview the same day. Did the basic phone interview which consisted of just basic questions about my info and then a couple of preliminary behavioral questions, "Name a time when" type. Just like two of these. Passed that and was set up for a Face to Face interview the same week a couple of days later.
    Went to their location and interviewed with another person that wasn't the one I had been talking to. It was a face to face basic STAR type interview with usual questions about sales.
    I knew this was a phone bank job, but as I had seen and read on forums it is heavy on Sales type questions, the "name a time when you had" that again.

Process took a few days but they got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer   View Answer
    • What was a the most difficult sales experience   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

I have to fill the application online about 6 pages and attach the resume and after that they send the email and schedule for an interview , the first interview is the group interview and between about 5 or 6 people you have to dress officially and if you accept in first interview then you have the second interview with the manager of the branch.

Default Servicing Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

Initial phone screen, pleasant and informative, found out the pay was <$35K and withdrew, position seemed to be great based on the description, recruiter was responsive and professional would definitely continue to look at the company