Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015
3,167 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First I applied through the Wells Fargo careers website. Within a few days, I was contacted by a hiring supervisor who was very friendly in helping me schedule a phone interview. The first interview was over the phone. I was invited to a second interview that was in-person at the headquarter office.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online and got interview after three or four weeks. Phone interview first. 4 rounds. People asked Probability questions, programing, behavior, and Derivative. The interview process is not difficult as long as you prepared for it. Good math is preferred.

Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

1 phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. It was behavorial based questions that were very easy. They also asked historical questions about work history and education. All in all not a bad experience.

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, in person interview with branch manager, final interview with district manager. If you make it past the branch manager interview, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with sales and customer experience?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was called to schedule a face to face with multiple branches in the area. I attended, and three days later I was offered a job.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You first do a group interview with the recruiter. If you pass you will get contacted for the 2nd interview with a "hiring manager" (branch manager), if he/she likes you you're hired. It can take up to 6 weeks for the recruiter to contact you. They contacted me after 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had to solve a problem with a bothered client.   Answer Question

Collections Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I applied online through Wells Fargo's career website. I was contacted and completed a phone screen, then face to face with 2 managers. I spoke to the VP to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to deescalate a customer, what was the situation, what were your actions and how did it end?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Applied and heard back about a month later. initial phone screen with HR went well and then followed a call with the hiring manager. That call also went well so they brought me in for the full day (10am -6pm) interview. I believe I met with 8 or 9 people, including 2 of them for lunch. It appears that each interviewer is there to test a skill/personality of some sort. First was to see if I can mesh well with the company, second was to test my interpersonal skills, third was to get an understanding of what I used to do, fourth was to see how I handle different situations. There were several more interviews but the one I will never forget is the guy who tested my technical skills. He was supposed to be a finance wiz who is also very good with spreadsheets (which he very well could be) but when I explained to him what I used to do, he looked puzzled and made some remarks that weren't remotely true of the industry I used to work in. So when it came down to showing him how I used to do things on the whiteboard, I took a very sky high approach to explain the inner workings. That worked against me as I did not get the position for the reason being I wasn't as sharp in finance as they thought I was. Lesson here (for future interviewees) is to never assume and even when they look like they don't have a clue about what you're talking about, crush them even it means using finance lingos, greeks and statistical analysis.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (West Covina, CA).

Interview

The interview process starts with an online screening and if you pass the screening, you'll grt confirmation of the first group interview. If you pass the initial group interview, you will receive an email stating the date and time for the final teller interview. During this interview, you are required to do role play with a manager and additional interview questions are asked by other branch managers.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Reno, NV).

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. You apply online through the Wells Fargo career site. Once you answer a couple questions about your availability, experience etc., you will receive an email for a group interview. Clear that, you will then interview with the lead teller and supervisor at the branch of where you would like to work.