Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
2,948 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First you have to apply online. Within a few days you will get an email to schedule for a group interview. If you pass then you will get to be interviewed by store managers.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

After you apply online you choose a date for a group interview.

You are asked to introduce yourself and say what your most recent job was.

After that you are asked a series of typical job interview questions.

The process took around two hours.

You should either receive a call within the next 72 hours for a second 1:1 interview or if you are not suitable for the position you will receive an e-mail within the week. (I never received either.)

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest professional achievement, why, and how did you reach your achievement?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

There was first a Telephone interview and then one site interview. Interviewers just mainly ask questions about your resume. Their main concern is if you can learn quickly and if you are able to sell their bank products.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why should I hire you? Why should you work for a fortune 500 company?
      Q: Tell me about yourself?

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First i applied online, within three days i received an email stating there was appiontments available for group interviews to pick a date and time. When i clicked the link the times had already filled up so i waited for another one. It came available about 5 days later. I got to it quicker this time and scheduled a time.

Interview Questions

• Q: introduce yourself, tell your expirence and work history as relevant to the job, why you want to work as a teller, and why do you want to work for wells fargo.

Q: Tell of your biggest accomplishment, what obstacles you faced and how you overcome them and what you learned.

Q: Tell of a sales goal or accomplishment you are proud of and how long it took to acheive it, the most difficult part and whaty ou learned from it.

Q: tell of a time you dealt with an unsatisfied customer and what was the outcome, how did you resolve the issue and what did you learn

Q: do you have any questions for me.

These are the only questions that we were asked. It was volunteer based but EVERYONE answered just at their own pace and time. There was only 7 of us and one recruiting consultant. YES, this questions do have a bunch of other questions within them and they are looking for ONE situation that answers all of them. We also filled out a sheet that listed our availabilities and our information and we were shown a slideshow that gave us more information on the job.

Answer Question

SAS Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

First you go over your resume and background, then they ask questions regarding your background and how they fit into the role. After your background, it's behavioral type questions "Tell me about a time when..." And you have to answer the question to the best of your ability giving the scenario, how you handled it, and the result. Often they came with a follow up question that wasn't even on paper to expand on the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had too much to do and couldn't get it done in one day.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2015.

Interview

It was a three step process. Started with a group interview with one recruiter at a Wells Fargo location (Maybe not the one you will work for). Second step was a panel interview with the store manager (that you will work at) and probably your direct supervisor. Then the final part a phone call from the district manager, to touch base with and to see what your goals are.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after the posting for the position closed got an email the next week to schedule a phone interview for the very next day (only had 1 day option with 2 different times). Had a phone interview with the recruiter which lasted about 10 minutes (was told I passed and would move me forward for the next step), then shortly after had an interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your 30-60-90 day plan for the store when you become manager?   Answer Question

Wasn't satisfied with salary offered. Negotiated pay but there was no budging or even a counter offer.

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

must complete and pass the assessment online through the career website, not too difficult.
    the a phone interview for about 30min. basic interview questions, just try to sound confident.
    then a face-to-face interview with branch manager, this will dig more deeper into your sales background and experience. make sure to mention your customer service experience, wells fargo cares strongly about excellent customer service. so include that in your interview even if they did not ask.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

applied online, got an email, phone call, group interview (big group), one on one with store manager, got offer and hired. Interviews were professional and easy. Asked common retail and customer service questions. Group interview was interesting because what other people say and give you time to think of a good answer.

Interview Questions

• How did you turn around a bad customer service experience with a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Lead Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

One on One interview to go over your background and experience. Many customer service and sales questions. Tellers Sell and cater to the needs of their customers no matter how ridiculous they are and the interview makes sure you can handle crazy people and get them to agree to new products.

Interview Questions

• When did you do something that was morally right rather than choose the easy way out? And what is the impact of that decision?   Answer Question