Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Loan Servicing Specialist II
West Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got in person interview through a recruiting company. Easy to find where to go, and was met by friendly staff. Had a pleasant, light-hearted interview that focused on career aspirations and goals for the future, personally, and for a company to work with. Hiring process went fine. It was sped up because they really wanted to fill a hole. Once I got on the job I realized the hole was there because the job was a soul-sucking experience. Had to get out as soon as I was able.

Interview Question – What was a situation in which you felt that you were unable to handle a task, and what were the steps you took in reaction to that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was first job out of college, so I didn't think to negotiate.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – It is a standard process for a research analyst position in an investment manager. individual interviews plus stock write ups plus final interview. Since my investment philosophy is similar to that of the manager's, it was pretty much as expected.

Interview Question – discussion about my background (I had atypical background) as related to the position.   Answer Question

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Business Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – They use the STAR system, so your must answer each question with a specific example of something you have accomplished in the past. It is a panel interview, there were 3 people during mine.

Interview Question – I was aked to prepare a business plan but had no knowledge of the group.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Mortgage Loan Processor

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple process. Had a phone interview and an in person interview shortly after. 3 managers met with me for about 30-45 minutes. I found out the next week that I was hired. It was a mass hiring so it was a pretty basic interview.

Interview Question – It all was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. There was only HR lady interviewing and about six candidates other than myself. We watch the Wells Fargo video, she asked us about 5 questions each (going around the room) and then she just gave us a slight break down of what being a teller is like.

Interview Question – Name a time when you went above and beyond...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward, $13/hr

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Applied through college career website. Heard back about a month later. Had one round phone interview with basic questions before being flown out to Charlotte for interview.Had interviews with 3-4 different people of different ranks. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – Know the different accounting statements and how they interact.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst II Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst II
Addison, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process moves very quickly at Wells Fargo. In fact I had an offer the morning following my interview. I had a phone screening and a panel type interview with all the managers within my department since all of them were in need for someone to fill a vacancy on their teams.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. Just the usual "When have you ever disagreed with your management" or "What is your biggest fear." I hate those questions, but seems to be the theme for interviews these days. Bottom line is that they are very picky and by the book when it comes to hiring. So, if you have made it to the in person interview phase, your chances are pretty good. I would just be honest and highlight your skills and speak to your problem solving abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For the position I accepted, there was no negotiation, which was made clear several times. I rolled the dice and tried but was not successful. Figured it would work since I exceeded the minimum requirements the job demanded, but no luck. I took a pay cut to boost my resume. Stayed there for six months and left.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Personal Banker I (SAFE)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview Details – It took a while. The manager didn't seem to know what she was doing, she was not prepared. I was asked to be there at a time and had to wait about an hour before the interview started. I was asked a set of questions from a generic paper printed from the company website.

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Generally a phone interview or group interview with a recruiter. Information is then sent to a store manager to schedule an interview if you pass. If you don't get a call about a week after your initial interview you don't move forward. Manager will call for interview, it will be mostly behavioral questions so that you can tell stories.

Interview Question – -Why wells fargo and the banking industry
-Recent job experience and how it applies well
-Most significant sales accomplishment
-Handing difficult customers
-How you provide excellent service
-Time management and organization
-Coaching / Feedback experience
-Time you came up with a better process
-Time you disagreed with you manage or coworker, how it was handled
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is rare unless you have great experience, but it won't be much.

Teller Interview

Teller
San Diego, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later received an email saying to schedule my group interview. At the group interview there were about 10 others including myself. The recruiter first explained the position and what makes a good teller. She also told us what questions she was going to ask us so we could write down our answers to make us less nervous. The questions were based mainly on customer service.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The training program conflicted with my school schedule