Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
2,523 Interview Reviews

2.7

Compliance Manager III Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Typical interview process - submitted online application. Hiring Manager called to complete an initial pre-screen of skill set and technical competency as well as describing the role. Proceeded to interview with hiring manager's manager and hiring manager's peer and also with HR to complete behavioral interview questions which typically is completed at the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult question, went through a pre-screen interview with hiring manager, interview with hiring manager's manager and hiring manager's peer. Had a total of 5 interviews (all phone) between the three. Final interview with the hiring manager ended with the hiring manager stating "I would like to proceed to the next stage to complete a offer package". This included with talking to HR asking a series of behavioral type question that should have been completed prior to the hiring manager contacting me so it appears they were back tracking and checking off the box of things to complete. HR requested that I submit a pay stub to prove my current salary as the position required HR to obtain. I had no objections and was told by HR paraphrased: { Let me get working on this, is there any questions you have for me or what else I can answer for you to make sure you are thrilled about this position and offer?}. Two weeks later I emailed HR to see if they needed any information from me since I was expecting a formal offer to which I was told that the hiring manager is also looking at other candidates. I thought it was odd but thought nothing of it and emailed the hiring manager to get an updated status. No response. It was not until I went through a back channel with my prior contacts at Wells (I had worked at WF previously, for 10 years) when I received a conference call invitation and with the HR and the hiring manager. The conference call was very well scripted with legal instructions on that Wells Fargo has decided to pursue other candidates and I'm no longer in consideration for the position. All in all, it was a weird interview process which does reinforce what I've known that WF is very large and different business units are more organized than others.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Contacted by recruiter, info given to hiring manager who scheduled a phone interview, than an in-person 1:1. Afterwards, I was interviewed by the RSM and subsequently offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of the job do you find most challenging and how would you overcome it.   View Answer
    Ask for as much as you think you're worth. I was able to get $4K more than they offered.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

A few phone interviews...then an offer! Very simple, straight forward. Very friendly people and they made the organization feel friendly and inviting to work for. I spoke to two different people within the organization and they made a decision very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you come up with an entirely new strategy? Vague question with a vague answer!   Answer Question

Personal Banker II – Registered Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2012.

I was already an employee and this was an interview to see if I could handle a more demanding role. It was a one on one interview with the district manager. We did role playing for specific areas of the required job skills. I also had to pass an aptitude test to determine if I was prepared for license training.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me how to sell me a product?   View Answer
    None

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Basically just asked about sale experience and challenges in other positions. Interview in a group which was hard and unexpected. Hiring manager was really nice, made it easy, Can't remember her name though.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to sell something and you reached a goal you were proud of.   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Applied online. Attended Job Fair. Interviewed by a recruiter at the job fair. The recruiter was very intimidating but I tried not to sweat or get nervous. I gave her all the correct answers. Mostly she asked about sales experience. I'd previously worked at a small loan company and we had minor sales goals to meet so I was able to give examples from my previous job. Was told to sit back down.

Waited about 1/2 hour and had an interview with a supervisor. I was even more nervous because I expected to go over sales and numbers experience. Fortunately for me we only went through it briefly. The interviewer asked me general interview questions. I'd mentioned that I'd been referred by a previous employee and the interviewer happened to recognize that person. I think the interviewer felt that then I kind of new the job role a bit more. Right away we went over the day to day job duties. I felt comfortable afterwards but still a little unsure. That very same day I received a call from the recruiter for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you want to work for Wells Fargo. I sometimes think it's a trick question but obviously I answered 10.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

Applied online. Got called into a group interview within a couple of days. 2 hours after the group interview I got a call from the recruiter and got my first branch interview. The branch called me 3 days later to set up the 1-1 interview. I did well on the first interview, but they ended up hiring internally. They called me exactly 1 week later saying I didn't get the position and I was referred back to the recruiter. I got my second branch interview, but the branch never called me back and neither did the recruiter. Mostly all interviews emphasized SALES.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have a sales goal at your previous job. If so, state how you reached that goal.   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

Applied online 2 days later received an email requesting a phone interview. Had phone interview 3 days later. Recruiter said if I am chosen to move on to face to face interview they will contact me. A week later received a call to set up face to face interview. Interview with 2 managers asked basic questions, interview lasted 20 mins.. 9 days later received a email extending an offer.

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Initial communications were stellar. I felt like our recruiting coordinator gave me the most welcoming experience. The interviewers were friendly, and the turnaround time for hearing a result was fast.

I do not feel like the job expectations at the interview matched the job description on their website.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time where you got in a conflict with a co-worker and how was it resolved?"   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied at Wells Fargo online for an Administrative Assistant position. Later I was sent an email requesting time frames for a phone interview. I had the phone screen interview then if chosen would proceed to the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any difficult questions because I had the experience to answer the questions. The unexpected part is I do not how that translated to the already busy person on the other side of the interview that was already 10 minutes late.   View Answer