Wells Fargo

2,464 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lending Manager Interview

Lending Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – 6 Person panel interview in more of a conversation type setting. Nothing too challenging and they focused on all the main topics you would expect. Team building, tech skills, experiences, how did you do in this type of situation...

Interview Question – Detailing why I wanted to give up my lending authority in order to take on more stress.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal. There was a standard 10% income increase cap internally which was disappointing...

Applications Systems Engineer V Interview

Applications Systems Engineer V
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initial call by recruiter. Then an in person interview without a technical phone interview which was set up by the hiring manager. Interviewed with four people.
1.The hiring manager- the first question was have you "really" worked on XYZ. Most questions were on similar lines with a lot of 'really!"s. He also asked some very generic open ended questions where there is no right or wrong answer and said that all my answers were incorrect. When I mentioned about my good past experience with wells fargo, he got offended and told me that he will not give me any brownie points for working with WF in the past and asked me to not mention about my experience with WF. Not sure why!
During my one on one interview with the hiring manager he was also talking on a different conference call the whole time. Some multi tasking! He would ask a question and totally ignore the answer.
2.Business person- this was general behavioral questions.
3 & 4 - Technical interviews with standard questions related to the technology that I applied for.

Overall, I felt like the manager already had some candidate in mind that he wanted to hire, but he went through the interview process to put a check mark on a paper and show his superiors that he had a fair interview process!
Very negative experience, complete waste of time. I don't think I would have accepted the position even if I was given an opportunity.
Never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Question – Have you really worked on this technology   Answer Question

Compliance Consultant Interview

Compliance Consultant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview Details – Met with the manager and the lead. They were both very detailed about the position and explained thoroughly what to expect. Both had a very friendly attitude. Totally transparent. I thought the interview went well. Both the manager and the lead seem as though they would be great to work for.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you had to work harder in order to do the right thing?   Answer Question

Risk Management Consultant II Interview

Risk Management Consultant II
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview after I applied online a month before. Phone interview went well. Was told I would be contacted in about three days for the next steps. I was never contacted again. I did follow up with the person who interviewed me and they blew me off. I have 20 years in the banking industry and they will not even return a phone call.

Interview Question – The interview was basic. No hard questions.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller

I interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – First part of interview was a phone interview, with basic questions. Second interview they put you in a room with a few other candiates and ask you questions in front of another- meaning you all get asked hte question and answer in whatever order they pick on you.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation phase. I wish i had negotiated to be a banker, as i have a college degree, and most tellers did not.

Store Manager IV Interview

Store Manager IV

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – It was easy, I started from the ground up and once they saw my level of knowledge I was promoted and offered more positions. It was a one on one interview and I met with the store manager at the time and he loved me and gave me the job on the spot.

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2011.

Interview Details – First there's a phone interview scheduled. Secondly, if the phone interview goes well, there's a formal interview with the hiring manager. Finally, if that formal interview is a success you'll receive a phone call from a recruiter with and offer of employment.

Negotiation Details – None

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for a teller position. I received a call a couple of days later in which they asked me about my desired city of employment and instructed me that I would be receiving another call detailing the information of a group interview I would need to attend. The group interview included about 12 other candidates for the position and took place in a round table conference room in a business building. This included all of the basic questions you would expect at an interview, nothing really surprised me. Once I made it past this interview, I received a call from a manager at a local branch for an interview with him and the assistant manager. I unfortunately did not get offered a job after this interview. A week after I found out I wouldn't be offered a job at that location I received a call from another local branch with a request for an interview. Much like before, I interviewed with the branch manager and assistant manager. At the end of this interview they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Phone Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Phone interview to go over your resume. Second interview to go in depth with you, also more than one person. They will ask about everything from former jobs to personal preferences about work place. The hiring will put me at ease with their banter. All in all it was actually a fun interview.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a difficult situation, and describe how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Personal Banker I (SAFE)

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Submit resume through the website got Phone interview, screening Email, Group interview, 1:1 Interview with at least 3 managers and maybe another 1:1 with the branch manager.
be your self and show the best of you.
sometimes you got hired but there is no opening, so they will put you on waiting list.

Interview Question – Give me a situation when you gave best Customer service?   Answer Question