Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
2,523 Interview Reviews

2.7

Consumer Loan Underwriter III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interviewed with Recruiter via phone, Set several appointments and finally interviewed during vacation. I am personally responsible for not setting myself up properly. This was my first phone interview and I typically am a pretty quick responder -I think I was focusing on vacation and not being hired.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you remember that was difficult and how did you handle and resolve it   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I had to go through 2 interviews to get the job as a teller. Come on management... It its not that serious. I can understand if I was trying to be like a Store manager or something... but Teller... Good God...

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Initially contacted by a Recruiter to come into a large business suite and do a group interview, each person tells a little about themselves and then each individually answers questions about various scenarios. The candidates must stand and say their name before answering each question. It's important to answer the questions in a way that is the "right" answer but still makes you stand out. Dress business professional, arrive at least 15 minutes early. Wells Fargo is sizing you up the minute they see you.

Interview Questions
    • Sales question - What have you done to rectify a customer scenario and turn it into a positive one?   Answer Question
    Nothing, they did all the talking when it came to pay.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Phone interview then face to face. The phone interview was for half an hour where most questions were on use cases and my work done in past. Some were behavioral questions too which involved critical thinking. I would say know your resume very well as questions can come up.. Most of the questions were about how I helped stake holders understand the use cases. Go through situation based questions. Know the soft wares you used very well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation where you had to use your critical thinking in completion of the project   Answer Question
    Always ask more than what you want

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The interview was extremely easy. There was a group interview of about 15 people. Just asked very simple questions about your work history. Tip: Just be yourself!!! Also please make sure that you dress the part, such as you need to wear a suit or suit skirt. You need to always look professional at all times when you have interview such as this one.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the only thing that was unexpected was how we went about the group interview. The recruiter did not call out names for us to answer questions. The recruiter let us choose who should go first and so on. I just was calm and look a little longer than expected.   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

The application is done online and a subsequent phone interview is conducted if they find you meet the initial standards for application. If they like you they will bring you in for an interview conducted by one of the current phone banking supervisors. You will then receive a call back if you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty standard, but the topic most focused on is sales. They will ask you something along the lines of, "what is the most difficult sales goal you have ever reached" and they want details.   Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shoreview, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

The recruiter contacted me directly to apply and I did. The interview was great. They do group interviews for the phone banker positions now so it's gotten a lot better. All of the questions were about basic customer service and also sales. They want to know that you know how to up sale their products and if you've had experience in reaching goals and making sales. Be direct and specific about your experiences, If not, they will attack you over and over again to clarify yourself. Mention to them your experience in "role playing" and also your experience in assisting others to reach goals. Be ready and prepared, read the stuff they send out to you and know the basic knowledge of their company background.

Interview Questions
    • tell us a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   View Answer

Phone Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

I applied through indeed.com, was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview a few weeks later. After the phone interview I was accepted for an onsite interview. It was a few days later, STAR method was used. Still waiting on an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company? Must be very detailed   Answer Question
    You are asked salary requirements during the interview process.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Wells has a very stringent and grueling HR review for marketing positions. I've been through several interviews and none of them were very similar unfortunately. Once you make it past HR, the there are phone interviews, and then face to face interviews. My recommendation: get referred by someone and avoid all this.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to overcome several obstacles to perform your job   Answer Question

Position's Salary too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Did a group interview at first then a 1 on 1 with 2 different managers.The group interview was long, around 8-10 people. The second round interview you were asked to do some role-play.

Interview Questions
    • An example of a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question