Wells Fargo

Updated Jan 29, 2015
2,798 Interview Reviews

2.7

Teller Interview

After applying it took like 2 months for me to start working. Two managers interviewed me. Sent to training for two weeks. Interview lasted like an hour. Got hired on spot. Very nice recruiter. Very professional.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Group interview with atleast 10 other people and one recruiter. The recruiter gave an overview of the company before going around the table asking us each the same 3 questions after the interview the next process is getting interviewed by a panel of branch managers

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online, took a test and received an email for a group interview the same day. I chose a time slot that was 5 days away so that I could have some time to prepare. I was pretty nervous about it since I had never done a group interview before and wasn't sure how to stand out in the crowd. Lucky for me, I was the only person scheduled for the interview that day. So the group interview actually because an one-on-one session.

The interview asked me a few standard questions starting with "Please introduce yourself and why you want to work for Wells Fargo", he then asked if I had encountered any difficult situations with a customers and how I resolved the problem. The third question was what was my biggest achievement professionally. I had prepared answers for all these questions, so I did pretty well. The interviewer then explained that he really liked me and implied that he would move my profile along. He informed me that the response could be longer than 5 days (max wait time for second interview.....if any) cause of the holidays. He gave me his business card and asked me to give me a call if I didn't hear back from them with 2 weeks. We then chatted for a couple minutes about holiday plans and stuff as a wrap-up. The whole interview lasted about 40 minutes.

I got a call from a branch manager the next day asking me to go in for the second interview. I'm very excited......haven't done the interview yet. I'll update this review with more information on it when I'm done with it next Monday.

Wish me luck, guys!

Interview Questions
    • If you spend 5 minutes on google, you will be able to collect all of the questions that might be asked at this interview. Nothing unexpected really.   Answer Question

Retail Banking Positions Interview

Lots of questions that don't really judge if the applicant is adequate for the job. More of the questions are geared towards whether you can take orders without question. I would strongly suggest polishing up on how to use customers names and smiling. Its a very important process for the customer facing operational part of the retail banking side of the bank. The acronym used is S.H.I.N.E. : meaning - Smile, say Hello, show Interest, address Needs, and sell and Enhance the experience of the customer .

Interview Questions
    • They are most usually concerned about leaving your schedule open for the company to take advantage of. Many of the Tellers get a "Flex Schedule" meaning no guaranteed hours per week and a lot of fluctuation.   Answer Question

Don't want to work there again.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

panel interviews with multiple managers and peers. different personality questions and role play. situation questions to see how you would react in certain situations. good overall experience. very detailed.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a situation where you will upset a customer or put company at risk?   Answer Question

College to Corporate IT Progral Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

The first step in the hiring process in a phone interview where you have to call into a phone line and wait for one of the bank managers to answer the phone. If you do well during this stage you are invited to a round robin style interview with 6 managers of the bank who overlook several different interns in different rotations. Each manager has a different set of scripted questions that they tend to ask a few from. Some of the managers just want to get to know you as an individual and do not ask the scripted questions.

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The first interview was a group interview. The recruiter asked each of us (there were 10 people in total) to first introduce ourselves and discuss why we want to work for Wells Fargo. She asked four more questions after that like, "Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer." The next interview was with the managers at the location that I wanted to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to achieve a sales goal? If so, how were you able to achieve it?   Answer Question

Operating Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Met hiring manager on campus at a career fair. From there, I was asked to apply for the position. About 3 weeks later, a recruiter contacted me with a questionnaire about my skill set. After submitting it, recruiter moved me through the process about a week later and later a phone interview was set up. The interview included several different managers from various departments. A few situational and work experience questions. Afterwards, a final phone interview was set up between the department managers. A few situational and technical questions. Recruiter kept me in the loop throughout the process. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you took initiative during a school/work project.   Answer Question

Commercial Lending Analyst Interview

first round interview on school campus, second round in the office for super day that lasted about three hours. Nothing too difficult, know basic accounting principles. They have pre formatted questions from HR that they are required to ask which are the basic accounting questions. Also asked some behavioral questions like "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Basic accounting questions:
      -what does EBITA stand for
      -how are the three financial statements linked
      -if you were to use one financial statement which would you use
      -what is the formula for DSCR

View Answer

Vice President Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Extensive with multiple interviews and background check, fingerprinting. Many interviews with a variety of local and out of state execs. Lengthy but typical corporate process. They are opened minded about hiring outside of Wells Fargo!

Interview Questions
    Little negotiation - standard corporate structure with small variation allowed.