Wells Fargo Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,477 interviews

2.7

Regional Bank Private Banker Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Internal interview- two telephone with HR, one in person with SM and DM, one phone interview with Area president and Affluent sales coach. quick process but many steps. HR was very helpful and kept me up to date with process. Received AVP corporate title with promotion to RBPB from licensed Banker 2.

Interview Questions
    • Requested to present 6 month business plan. often asked same questions since there were many interviewers.   Answer Question
    I received more money than i asked for because they knew I had an offer at Suntrust.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Angola, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Angola, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

I applied online, three days later I got an email to set up a phone interview. I had my phone interview on a Thursday, phone interview went great. They told me they would call me back if they'd like to schedule a second round face-to-face interview. They called be a couple hours later to set up the second interview. I had the second interview on the following monday. Interview was an hour long and there were a lot of questions. They told me they would call me the following week to let me know whether they had interest or not in placing me in the position. I got a call on the following Thursday letting me know they were interested in giving me the position. All in all, quick, painless process!

Interview Questions
    • If a customer acted uninterested in talking to you, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

Very simple process. Had a phone interview and an in person interview shortly after. 3 managers met with me for about 30-45 minutes. I found out the next week that I was hired. It was a mass hiring so it was a pretty basic interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

The interview process was fairly easy. There was only HR lady interviewing and about six candidates other than myself. We watch the Wells Fargo video, she asked us about 5 questions each (going around the room) and then she just gave us a slight break down of what being a teller is like.

Straight forward, $13/hr

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

It is a standard process for a research analyst position in an investment manager. individual interviews plus stock write ups plus final interview. Since my investment philosophy is similar to that of the manager's, it was pretty much as expected.

Interview Questions
    • discussion about my background (I had atypical background) as related to the position.   Answer Question

Business Relationship Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

They use the STAR system, so your must answer each question with a specific example of something you have accomplished in the past. It is a panel interview, there were 3 people during mine.

Interview Questions
    • I was aked to prepare a business plan but had no knowledge of the group.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Applied through college career website. Heard back about a month later. Had one round phone interview with basic questions before being flown out to Charlotte for interview.Had interviews with 3-4 different people of different ranks. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Know the different accounting statements and how they interact.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Generally a phone interview or group interview with a recruiter. Information is then sent to a store manager to schedule an interview if you pass. If you don't get a call about a week after your initial interview you don't move forward. Manager will call for interview, it will be mostly behavioral questions so that you can tell stories.

Interview Questions
    • -Why wells fargo and the banking industry
      -Recent job experience and how it applies well
      -Most significant sales accomplishment
      -Handing difficult customers
      -How you provide excellent service
      -Time management and organization
      -Coaching / Feedback experience
      -Time you came up with a better process
      -Time you disagreed with you manage or coworker, how it was handled
        Answer Question
    Negotiation is rare unless you have great experience, but it won't be much.

Quality Assurance Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

The hiring process moves very quickly at Wells Fargo. In fact I had an offer the morning following my interview. I had a phone screening and a panel type interview with all the managers within my department since all of them were in need for someone to fill a vacancy on their teams.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. Just the usual "When have you ever disagreed with your management" or "What is your biggest fear." I hate those questions, but seems to be the theme for interviews these days. Bottom line is that they are very picky and by the book when it comes to hiring. So, if you have made it to the in person interview phase, your chances are pretty good. I would just be honest and highlight your skills and speak to your problem solving abilities.   Answer Question
    For the position I accepted, there was no negotiation, which was made clear several times. I rolled the dice and tried but was not successful. Figured it would work since I exceeded the minimum requirements the job demanded, but no luck. I took a pay cut to boost my resume. Stayed there for six months and left.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and a few days later received an email saying to schedule my group interview. At the group interview there were about 10 others including myself. The recruiter first explained the position and what makes a good teller. She also told us what questions she was going to ask us so we could write down our answers to make us less nervous. The questions were based mainly on customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

The training program conflicted with my school schedule