Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
2,283 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process includes applying online for an open position, a phone interview/ screening, a group interview done by a handful of managers and finally an interview at the hiring branch by usually the branch manager and service manager. The phone screening was fairly standard as far as questions and I would consider to be easy. The group interview is extremely intimidating because not only do the managers hear your answers to the questions but the other applicants do as well and you cant help but analyze who you think your real competition for the position will be. The questions are fairly personal and the interview lasted roughly a little more than an hour with 8-10 applicants total. The questions at the last interview at the branch were similar to the group interview. My particular experience was incredibly frustrating because I actually went through the process of the branch interview 3 times due to the first 2 branches wanting to hire me but hiring someone who had previously interviewed before me who they also wanted to hire before but didn't. Instead of then being immediately hired by the other branch, they wanted another interview. I believe I had 5 interviews in all.

Interview Question – In the last interview done at the branch, there was a lot of focus on sales knowledge. I was asked what type of experience I had with previous jobs in sales. The service manager who was leading the interview told me "I want you to sell me this pen." and she handed me her pen. It kind of caught me off guard a little bit because it was the main difference in questions compared to the other interviews. They look for an answer that includes a focus on the benefits of the product, not properties of the product. "Selling" bank products is difficult because it is not a tangible item that someone can walk out the door with. You have to sell it first finding the need for the product and then match the benefits of that product to the need the customer has.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Financial Analyst Program

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – applied online and waited for a long time to get an interview, which seems normal in Wells Fargo. I was on a phone interview for approximately 30 minutes and the interview was mostly technical and a few behavioral questions towards the end. However, it took me a month to find out i didn't get an offer, pretty slow in terms of the recruiting process

Interview Question – how do you underwrite a loan? why is cash flow important?   View Answer

Operations Manager III Interview

Operations Manager III

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – It was in 1995 so it's been some time. First met with 3 managers, then Department Manager, and then HR Rep. I was there for over 4 hours. Went well for the most part - Dept Manager kept taking phone calls during our discussion.

Negotiation Details – Here it is - want it or not??

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2010.

Interview Details – Posted job openings on external website for review by canidates. Usually 2 phone interviews, then a face to face interview. Aprox 1 week they will make offer. They send out a questionaire that you have to return within 5 business days. Then they will call you to setup 1st phone interview. After that phone interview they will setup a 2nd phone call, then they will setup a face to face.

Interview Question – Discuss previous position at other Bank and why I left the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy, 2 step process..

Very Easy Interview

Loan Document Specialist Interview

Loan Document Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2012.

Interview Details – Really brief interview. Nothing alarming. I expected to be asked more about my experience; however, the interviewer knew people I'd worked with at several of my former employers. I was questioned more about who I knew and how much I remember about them than about my experience. I guess the interviewer planned to ask my former co-workers more information about me.

Interview Question – Nothing.   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The hiring was basically a group interview. They ask you a bunch of questions, then you watch a 15 minute video. From there they thank you for coming & let you know that they will keep in touch if they liked you. They never did contact me, but I think part of that was because they initially didnt even have my name on the roster ..bummer.

Interview Question – They ask you to share personal stories, which might have been hard because you have to try to stand out in the group of stories.   Answer Question

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Customer Service and Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got called by a recruiter for an initial phone screening after applying online. I was then asked to come to a group interview which lasted about an hour and a half total and had about 7 other people.

Interview Question – They asked standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

Interview Details – phone screening then 3 rounds of interviews. Phone screen is to verify if you are worth their time. First round is in a group setting and you show why you are a better choice then the other people in the room. Second interview in with a assistant manager or manager and the last interview is with the district manager.

Interview Question – Pretty basic stuff, all they care about is can you sell.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took what was offered as it was better then what i had going on at the time.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Personal Banker I (SAFE)
Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I applied online, received a phone interview with an out of town recruiter to set up an interview 4 days later. I attended an interview with 4 store managers (no pressure haha) and they each took turns asking questions. I received a call 1 week later with an offer pending background check and approval from upper management for an overhire. I got a call the following Monday with the official offer and details for salary. Salary was more than expected as I had no banking experience, so I did not negotiate. Overall an easy process.

Interview Question – Typical sales and customer service questions.....i.e. how did you go above and beyond for a customer, how do you handle difficult customers, how do you reach your goals on a slow day.....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied online, then received assessment email link. (pretty easy) Passed assessment and was transferred to an interview site where you had to set up an interview time. Nothing was available, so I waited to receive an email stating when more times were available. After several attempts (took a week) I finally got a phone interview. If the recruiter likes you, she will set you up with an interview at a branch that is closest to you. nailed that and got a job.

Interview Question – it's all about sales...up selling, cross-selling and anything to do with sales.   Answer Question