Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
2,521 Interview Reviews

2.7

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

Group Interview with 3-4 managers present. Very easy and straight forward. Seemed to be a lot of low-level retail employees in the group. Use the STAR format. Have a "point" in what you say. Actually answer the question and don't dance around it. Those who didn't have answers didn't get hired. They seemed to also prefer those with strong sales backgrounds.

no room for negotiation

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

They will ask you about your customer service experience. Previous banking experience is not needed. This is a sales position. If you have common sense, sales experience, and are professional - its an easy job to obtain. However, once you get the job be ready for a reality check because it not what HR explains it to be in reality, especially if your branch manager is weak. Make sure to ask for a strong manager and meet them prior to accepting to be placed at that branch.

NONE

Database Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiting agency just before the position was to close. I set up an interview for the following Monday and met the recruiting manager at Wells Fargo. I was introduced to the hiring manager and did the interview in about half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • It was mainly a behavioral interview. Questions were not that difficult.   Answer Question

Loan Service Specialist Interview

Very simple and easy. Generic "what was your toughest challenge, yada yada yada" questions. Basically, if you are honest and kill them with kindness, you will get the job. Just show that you are motivated and determined and you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time you had little or no direction.   View Answer

CSSR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The process was ok, first was a phone interview, second a group interview (be sales oriented) and finally one last group interview where they have you script read in front of managers and district managers.

Interview Questions
    • script reading wasnt that hard but probably the hardest part of the interview process   Answer Question
    none

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2011.

Applied online, hiring process took about 2-3 weeks. Once you apply online there is an initial phone screening, then face to face interview. If hired, there will be a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Question on self employment tax returns. Make sure you know the different types 1040, Schedule C etc.   Answer Question
    You need to know different types of tax returns and ace the interview to negotiate. Excellent overtime and bonus structure.

Consumer Loan Underwriter III Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Large job fair at a local hotel. HR recruiters interviewed each individual and then offered them a position if they qualified. It was a very easy and unstressful experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult borrowers?   View Answer
    Very simple. The employee benefits were better than most other employers.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Fair process but starting wage is low. Employer needs to match the going market rate to reduce the turnover. Be prepared to use the STAR method of answering questions. Technical qns concentrate on acct Balance Sheet inc

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral was plus few technical qns   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulare, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulare, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

Applied online at the wells fargo site, from there They sent me a link to take a online assesment, once I passed the assesment I was sent a link to scehdule a date and time for a group interview. During the group interview there were 10-12 others with me and 1 recruiter she asked us a total of 3 questions Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What was the outcome? and tell me about a time you achieved a personal goal? we all took turns answering each question, then after we all finished she gave us information on the teller position and filled out additional paperwork on availability and which location we had preferred. After that the recruiter explains that she will call within one week to let us know if we passed the group interview. I passed the group interview and was then scheduled for a face to face interview with the branch I was looking to be interviewed at, I was interviewed by 3 of the branch managers and they asked me more questions on customer service, sales experience, ect. They will then let you know if you are hired or not I am still waiting for a reply I just interviewed today.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe something Positive about you in one word what would it be ? And negative   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I first filled out the application online, went through the assessment test, got an email for the interview which was a group interview of about 12 candidates all for different locations. The interview went very well the recruiter was very nice and welcoming made you feel comfortable. You watch a video fill out another application and then she asked the group about 4 questions all related to your past work experience. Make sure to participate and think about your answers before answering.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you went above and beyond with customer service ? Name a time you set a sales goal and accomplished it, how did you do it ? Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo ?   Answer Question