Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
2,926 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It's a 2 step process. First is your group interview with between 5-15 individuals. Then your final interview will be with the managers and final interviewees that made it as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult customer interaction. What did you do to resolve the issue? What did you learn about yourself afterwards? (Something of that nature).   1 Answer
    • There are numerous banks that you could work for. Why do you want to build a career with Wells Fargo?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you accomplished one of your biggest goals. It can be a personal or professional goal.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with two other girls .. Recruiter made the process so much easier made us feel at ease . Ask 3 questions and we all had a chance to answer then we learned more about the job and benefits .. I thought the interview went well still waiting for a call back letting me know if I get a second interview or not

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Group Interview. One other person interviewed with me. The district manager sat in during the interview and the interview took the form of a presentation /Q&A. We were drilled a couple times on the answers we provided, prompted to go into further detail regarding the specifics of our experiences.

Collector I Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2015.

Interview

Applied Online and got an e-mail for a phone interview a 6 weeks later , which discussed the job requirements and asked behavior questions and a review of your resume.

The interviewer asked me if I was available for a 5 week training and I said yes, she told me to wait for a call from the bank manager who would schedule the face to face interview at the bank location I applied at. Waited for a call , received no call from bank manager after 3 more weeks I guess I didn't made it to the next round of selection.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?
       Describe a situation where you handle conflicted

Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Candidate meets with two managers. They rotate asking questions, with a focus on how you deal with conflict at work, how you would resolve certain situations. Value ability to work as a team and make decisions for yourself. Like individuals that are motivated and self driven.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were faced with a conflict at work and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interviewed by two analysts asking mainly fit questions as well as two accounting questions.They also asked why real estate. The main points they were trying to get at were to see if I would fit in with the team.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online at the career website. About 3 days later, I received a group interview invite for the following Thursday (Yesterday) @ 10 a.m.. Walked into the branch, their was about 15 other candidates sitting in the lobby. I took the last available seat as 2 others walked in. From the time that I walked in, we waited about 10 minutes before being directed to a back (conference like) room. Signed in. Their was a panel of 4 people. They were Branch managers and a recruiter. Each candidate did an introduction that consisted of your name and current or previous job title relevant to the position they applied for (Teller). We were then told a little about the company. The motto, possible career paths, store hours, compensation, etc. we were then told that we would have to answer a series of questions. We were allowed time to write them down and then answer when we were ready! We then responded to these questions, which turned out to be short stories, took about 1 1/2 hours for 15 ppl to answer 3 questions each... UGH!!!! Such a drag. The panel sat quietly and took notes. After we completed the questions we were asked about location preference, availability and restrictions. We were asked did we have any questions. No one had any. We were told that we should expect to be contacted within a Max. 2 week period, whether we were chosen or not. We were then dismissed. As everyone stood up to leave, the branch manager asked for 3 of us to remain, so that "he could get more availability info". As we stayed behind he asked were we available to immediately meet with the district manager at the corporate location. We were informed that if we did good at the next interview, that we would be offered the position. We headed to lunch for an hour, then headed over to the corporate location. Spoke with DM. GOT THE POSITION!!!

My advice would be practice and preparation. Great eye contact, not only to the panel, but to everyone in the room. Project your voice. I have full blown anxiety. So I practiced in the mirror for a week. I drove my family crazy with practice questions. I'm typically intimidated by authority figures. Like I'd go mute sometimes. I remained calm and worked it out.

Dress like your graduating from Harvard Law! Ladies, pant or skirt suit, dark colors, nothing that'll be a distraction. I wanted to wear an ascot. Changed my mine. Gentlemen, SUIT!!!! Tie!!!

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a WF Teller?   Answer Question
    • How does the position fit into your future goals?   Answer Question
    • What is your significant accomplishment? Something you're proud of.   Answer Question
    • What's a significant goal you've set? Describe the goal. How long did it take to achieve? Most difficult part? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What's a time you dealt with a challenging situation? How did you resolve the issue? How did you retain a customer? What was the outcome? What made the greatest impact to customer? What did you learn through this interaction?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online, directly on their website. I received an email saying that for this position it's required a web-based screening. Once you complete it and depending on the results, you could be considered for an interview (the screening shows your results once you have finished). Two days after I received an automated email saying there were more dates available for interviews so what I did was schedule my own interview choosing one of the dates available. I went to my interview, and met three more candidates. The interviewer wanted to know the last three places where we have worked, names of the company, and how long we worked there, obviously you have to say a brief description of what you did there.

If you did it well, and were convincing with your answers they are going to contact you for an interview with the manager, who is the one to makes the final decision. You would receive an email saying if you was selected for the next interview or if you were not. It would take between one and two weeks to hear from them.

They are looking for people who can make sales, it will be considered a sale when you suggest to a customer another service and redirect him/her to your coworker who is in charged to seal the negotiation and excellent customer service.

Suggestion: While you are applying for a job as a teller, you must select the places where you would like to work based on you current location (10 miles radius from where you live), otherwise, they are going to ask you to apply to a place that better fit your commuting needs. In my personal opinion this has something to do with the salary you will earn and that you have to work for the company at least one year to be considered for promotion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teller?
      Based on your past sales experience, how did you sell the products/service?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Do you have any experience handling cash?

1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an interview fairly quickly. It was a group interview with about 6-8 other people. The interviewer made sure we were comfortable and ready to talk at anytime.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer.
      Explain a bad situation you had with a customer, how did you handle it & what was the outcome?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied for an interview on my university's website. The interview was on campus at the career center. It was pretty much a basic interview with standard questions. There were two interviewers. Asked a lot of behavioral questions and a lot of questions about my resume. Overall, it was a good experience. Know a lot about the company and why you want the job before you go in.

Interview Questions

• Why Wells Fargo? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time when you were given a project with no details in how to complete it and what was the result?   Answer Question