Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
2,587 Interview Reviews

2.7

Teller Interview

Applied online, signed up for a group interview, recruiter was very nice! She explained benefits and watched a short video. Only asked 3 questions: introduce yourself; tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer; tell me a goal you set for yourself when you come to work

Service MANAGER I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I did a group interview and it took them 3 months to let me know that they wanted me for any position. and then they moved me around like 6 times. and just when I thought I was staying they send me to a store that manager had a bad wrap.

I asked for a price and it was in the market of what this role pays.

BA Interview

14+ years and watched it grow and I grew with it. Great company, great technology. Sadly in the last years the leadership (hence the future) is not great. Unsure of what the company is where it should be, and trying to transform it with a clear objective."

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

They need to know commitment, style, training and experience. They want experience in management with proven results. Abiklity to manage P&L, Budget, train, communicate, design and implementation of sales approaches, coaching and mentoring

Interview Questions
    • could not think of anything--they are pretty respectful and stick to questions pertaining to job   Answer Question
    This is negotiable

Commercial Real Estate Summer Financial Analyst Interview

I applied via my school's career resource center and had one phone interview, the phone interview was approximately 45 minutes. The questions consisted of 3 technical questions and 2 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you look for outside of a company's financials to determine their creditworthiness?   Answer Question

PPB Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview revolves around situational examples. Telephone interview with recruiter, then recruiter sends you a link for an online assessment, which is a personality test. Then recruiter schedules interview with manager. Offer is then made, if you accept it will be contingent on a successful background check.

Interview Questions
    Simple, if you have experience, use it to get your asking salary.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

I applied about a little over a month ago online. Took the assessment and right after was asked to schedule a group interview date. I tried scheduled a date and it kept saying that it was not any interview dates available in my area so maybe a couple days later they sent a email saying that more dates are available so I ended up scheduling and then the day before my interview they said that my interview was canceled and I have to reschedule. So I tried to do that and again no dated available. A couple days later dated became available and schedule. So went to the group interview it was about 6 of us. I was told it was suppose to be more but they never showed up. "Thank God". Was about a hour long. We introduced ourselves and answered the questions why we want to work at WF, and where did we previously worked. Then watched a video on the Teller position. Then she asked tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them. Then she tells us a little about what's next if you past the group interview. I was the one who was voluntarily answering first and was really on point. Exactly a week later they called me for a second interview at the branch that I applied to that same day and was interviewed by the branch manager and her assistant. I feel that my interview went really well and that was just less than 24hrs ago so I'm hoping to receive a call back within a couple days. I'm really praying that I get this job because the hours works perfect with the fact I have a 5 month old and it won't get in the way of going to church. Please pray that I get it.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them.   Answer Question

Compliance Manager III Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Typical interview process - submitted online application. Hiring Manager called to complete an initial pre-screen of skill set and technical competency as well as describing the role. Proceeded to interview with hiring manager's manager and hiring manager's peer and also with HR to complete behavioral interview questions which typically is completed at the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult question, went through a pre-screen interview with hiring manager, interview with hiring manager's manager and hiring manager's peer. Had a total of 5 interviews (all phone) between the three. Final interview with the hiring manager ended with the hiring manager stating "I would like to proceed to the next stage to complete a offer package". This included with talking to HR asking a series of behavioral type question that should have been completed prior to the hiring manager contacting me so it appears they were back tracking and checking off the box of things to complete. HR requested that I submit a pay stub to prove my current salary as the position required HR to obtain. I had no objections and was told by HR paraphrased: { Let me get working on this, is there any questions you have for me or what else I can answer for you to make sure you are thrilled about this position and offer?}. Two weeks later I emailed HR to see if they needed any information from me since I was expecting a formal offer to which I was told that the hiring manager is also looking at other candidates. I thought it was odd but thought nothing of it and emailed the hiring manager to get an updated status. No response. It was not until I went through a back channel with my prior contacts at Wells (I had worked at WF previously, for 10 years) when I received a conference call invitation and with the HR and the hiring manager. The conference call was very well scripted with legal instructions on that Wells Fargo has decided to pursue other candidates and I'm no longer in consideration for the position. All in all, it was a weird interview process which does reinforce what I've known that WF is very large and different business units are more organized than others.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Contacted by recruiter, info given to hiring manager who scheduled a phone interview, than an in-person 1:1. Afterwards, I was interviewed by the RSM and subsequently offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of the job do you find most challenging and how would you overcome it.   View Answer
    Ask for as much as you think you're worth. I was able to get $4K more than they offered.

Collector I Interview

Applied online 2 days later received an email requesting a phone interview. Had phone interview 3 days later. Recruiter said if I am chosen to move on to face to face interview they will contact me. A week later received a call to set up face to face interview. Interview with 2 managers asked basic questions, interview lasted 20 mins.. 9 days later received a email extending an offer.