Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied through the on campus recruiting. They surprisingly had only one on campus interview and it was a a final round interview. Got to meet the associates and VPs who were interviewing us the night before at a reception (so that was essentially the first round interview). The people were great and you could tell that they were a better, less competitive culture given the newness of their bank.

Interview Question – Pretty standard dcf and accounting questions. They were the only ib to ask me a stock pitch but luckily I'm looking at s&t so had a couple prepared. They were surprisingly nitpicky and detailed when asking questions about my resume and focused on weird parts of my "story,"   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview Details – How would you value a company using FCFE? If you had company X,Y,Z which should issue equity, debt, or high grade debt yield

Interview Question – Transitioning from Enterprise value to different multiples.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was the best I had on Wall Street. Chill and friendly people, easy to connect with in 30 minutes or less.

Interview Question – Given my background, I was asked a statistical question.   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2011.

Interview Details – really nice people, interviewed with 6 people and was invited to lunch with 3 analysts. behavior interview questions and technical questions

Interview Question – what was the most difficult project you worked on at your last role?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of One phone interview with HR followed by a 2 person phone interview with sales and trading, and investment banking division. They were friendly, except one seemed uninterested in the interview. The interview questions were standard with a few brain teasers thrown in. DCF, FCF were included, as well as how the different income statements tie together.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a hard worker and 10 being smart, where would you rate yourself?   View Answer
  • Why Wells Fargo?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – 2:1 interview, not terribly difficult, interviewers asked mostly fit questions. Did ask for grades in particular classes which threw me off a bit. 30 minutes on-campus which followed a meet-and-greet the night before (which was awful--forced conversation). Wanted to know why Wells Fargo, asked a couple of dumb brainteasers, and thorough explanation of resume.

Interview Question – Tells us about something that is not on your resume you want us to know   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!