Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied through the on campus recruiting. They surprisingly had only one on campus interview and it was a a final round interview. Got to meet the associates and VPs who were interviewing us the night before at a reception (so that was essentially the first round interview). The people were great and you could tell that they were a better, less competitive culture given the newness of their bank.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard dcf and accounting questions. They were the only ib to ask me a stock pitch but luckily I'm looking at s&t so had a couple prepared. They were surprisingly nitpicky and detailed when asking questions about my resume and focused on weird parts of my "story,"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

How would you value a company using FCFE? If you had company X,Y,Z which should issue equity, debt, or high grade debt yield

Interview Questions
    • Transitioning from Enterprise value to different multiples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2011.

really nice people, interviewed with 6 people and was invited to lunch with 3 analysts. behavior interview questions and technical questions

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult project you worked on at your last role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview consisted of One phone interview with HR followed by a 2 person phone interview with sales and trading, and investment banking division. They were friendly, except one seemed uninterested in the interview. The interview questions were standard with a few brain teasers thrown in. DCF, FCF were included, as well as how the different income statements tie together.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a hard worker and 10 being smart, where would you rate yourself?   View Answer
    • Why Wells Fargo?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview was the best I had on Wall Street. Chill and friendly people, easy to connect with in 30 minutes or less.

Interview Questions
    • Given my background, I was asked a statistical question.   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

2:1 interview, not terribly difficult, interviewers asked mostly fit questions. Did ask for grades in particular classes which threw me off a bit. 30 minutes on-campus which followed a meet-and-greet the night before (which was awful--forced conversation). Wanted to know why Wells Fargo, asked a couple of dumb brainteasers, and thorough explanation of resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tells us about something that is not on your resume you want us to know   Answer Question