Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Started off applying online, they sent me a email saying I got an interview, went to pre interview dinner, interviewed, then heard back from then with a phone call about the job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why would a company want to do a merger?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Investment Banking Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

I am a finance major and they called me to set up an interview. It was pretty informal and was a 2:1 interview. It was mainly behavioral and they asked me a few simple questions like how would I value a firm and what kind of models I had had exposure to. Pretty straightforward.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

Wells Fargo was great, the interviewers were one MD in S&T and one associate in IB. Asked me questions from both sides of the business. basically 50/50 behavioral/technical. I should have been more prepared for technical b/c he asked me more about the different valuations than I thought they would for a summer analyst position on a 1st round phone interview. I prepared more for DCFs but they asked about the other 2 methods that I wasnt very familiar with. They enjoyed the interview and I found out after that they liked me a lot but apparently some other guys knew more technical knowledge than I did and they only had 2 spots to give out and I didn't make it in.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

The interview was with two invesment bankers - one from New York and one from Charlotte. One interviewer was younger and asked all of the technical questions. The second question of the interview was to walk them through a DCF which then led to questions about WACC, P/E, various methods of valuation, etc. The other interviewer was mostly quiet with a stern look on his face but he would occasionally interject with a behavioral question. Overall the interview wasn't that bad, but I had not adequately prepared for the technical questions. They also asked me which bank has the largest market capitalization in the US - i said B of A, turns out it is Wells Fargo. I don't imagine that helped.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a discounted cash flow analysis.   Answer Question
    • What are five trends that you see affecting the investment banking industry over the next several years?   Answer Question