Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Irvine, CA

Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.7

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Did a group interview at first then a 1 on 1 with 2 different managers.The group interview was long, around 8-10 people. The second round interview you were asked to do some role-play.

Interview Questions
    • An example of a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2010.

Extremely complex and lengthy. Takes about six weeks. A series of interview phases. Computer, One on One by Phone, Second interview by Manager, Third by another counter part and fourth by both Recruiter and actual manager.

Interview Questions
    Arduous! It is the recruiters job to get the lowest paid applicant with the highest skill or qualifications. They are bonus' based! The bad news is that they get what they pay for and this is why the turn over is relentless.

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Applied online in the beginning of January, got a call for the first phone interview mid January, then mid February got a second round phone interview, then a week after that they invited me to fly to Irvine for an in person interview along with a written assessment .

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the things you look at when building an apartment building in a city   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and opportunities?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question
    • In real estate, what are the important things you look for in the 3 financial statements?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

The hiring process was very smooth. A half an hour phone call followed by a face to Face on skype. Very basic questions were asked and more emphasis was on personal skills and less on technical skills. I tried to answer the few questions in F2F which I couldn't answer in phone interview and they were very happy about the fact that I'm a quick learner and would like to correct my mistakes.

There wasn't any negotiation. The contract rate was decided before the interview.

Wellsfargo Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Phone screen/ f2f

Interview Questions
    • All fundamental c# (Abstract, interface, boxing,delegates,lambda etc)
      On f2f need to answer about the best way to desin in-memory File Systems, or Database
        Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

applied online, got a group interview 2 days later. Returned for a second 3 hour group (individual) interview with all the DMs. was offered the job the position the following day.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

After website survey and application process you were allowed to schedule an interview. This assumes that you have had enough qualified cash handling experience and retail experience. The interview is relatively short and there is a short video presentation (have good questions prepared as you're watching the video!). Typical STAR interview style, so have a good number of customer service stories ready. What I did not realize is how essential Sales is to the job, and this is likely the reason I did not get the job. You might think it's helping people with their accounts but it's actually selling then new banking services. So if you're looking for an entry level sales job, this is an excellent fit. Dress well, (go beyond just a tie) and be friendly. The HR people are friendly and professional, and be warned that your first impression is sometimes right as you get off the elevator. In my interview the person who was at the check in desk was also the interviewer. Make sure to make a good impression!

Interview Questions
    • 3 questions that go to everyone: Why Wells Fargo? Where do you see yourself in the next 2-3 years and Tell me a story where you provided excellent Customer Service?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

First, I applied online and completed a personality test. Based on the results of the personality test, I got an email to schedule a group interview. You have the option of selecting anyone of the days and times listed or having them send you another email with different days and times if you can't make any of the times in the initial email. A week later I had my group interview, which was fairly easy. I arrived 15 minutes early and led me to a conference room with other interviewees. I filled out a form that listed my availability and turned it in with a copy of my resume before the interview. Then we watched a video about the teller position and the values of wells fargo. After we went around the room to introduce ourselves, saying our name, why well fargo, where do you see yourself in 5 years, and what cities you would like to work in. Then we were asked two behavioral questions. It is best to bring up examples from your previous job. After answering both questions, we were then told she would get back to us a week later, telling us if we can move on in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2012.

Found the job online and applied through the website. Was sent a personality test to my email (it was hidden in the spam mailbox...) and took it. At the end of the personality test, it told me to pick a day for my group interview. My interview was yesterday. My interview had about 10 people there including me. We had to first fill out an availability form and our top 5 locations that we'd want to work at.

After the interviewer came in, he told us a little about himself and the job and encouraged us to leave if we thought this wasn't what we signed up for. Then, we went around and had to say our 1) Name 2) Why we applied to be a teller 3) Our experience with sales, customer service, and cash handling and 4) Where we see ourselves in 2-3 years professionally.

After everyone went around and said that, the interviewer asked us 2 questions. One was about sales and one was about customer service. The sales question was: Describe your biggest sales goal/accomplishment. Did you get any recognition for it? The customer service question was: Describe one time you went out of your way to provide excellent customer service.

For the first part (name, why teller, etc). we just went around the table. For the second part, he called on people as they volunteered.

After all of that, we watched a 10 minute or so movie about Wells Fargo which was pretty lame and the interviewer stepped out of the room.

When the movie was over, he came back in and told us that we would be emailed if we didn't get it and given a phone call if we did get it within 8 days (my interview was on Thursday and he told us we'd know by next Friday).

I haven't gotten anything yet so I put down that I got rejected. Anyway, after you hear back from them, if you get accepted you go onto the next round which is a 1 on 1 interview with the manager of the branch that you are being considered at. He said that this process could take forever because there are rarely any openings...which was super encouraging....

Interview Questions
    • What's your name   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply as a teller   Answer Question
    • Talk about the last job you had and it's sales, customer service, and cash handling aspects   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 2-3 years professionally   Answer Question
    • Describe your biggest sales goal/accomplishment. Did you get any recognition?

Tell about a time that you went out of your way for customer service
        Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

Applied online. Received email back within a day or so directing me to a web screening link which took about 15 min to complete. Next you will receive a phone call from a recruiter in their Chicago recruiting center asking a couple of questions: recount a customer service experience where you had to work with an irate customer and give us an example of outstanding customer service. Next step: recruiter will invite you to a group interview with about 10-15 other candidates. You have to introduce yourself to the person/s next to you and the group with a bit of background, 3-5 year career goal, why Wells Fargo? Next step: get invited to another interview with 3 or 4 managers or get a "Dear John" letter.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of outstanding sales/customer service experience? Did you get any rewards? Did you get any referrals as a result of the superior customer service?   View Answer
    • Give us an example of a goal you had set yourself at work and how you achieved it?   View Answer

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!