Wells Fargo Lead Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

After applying online it took about 2 weeks for a recruiter to set an interview. After completing the interview you then will have to pass a drug test and a background check. That took about a another week, then came the person interview with the Store Manager of your location. In the interview they will ask usual questions such as Tell me about yourself, why work for wells, and why I should hire you.
They will ask a lot of different types of scenarios and how you would handle that situation.
Once they have decided to make a hiring decision they will ask for you to come back for a second interview and make an offer to you. Once you have accepted the offer you'll go straight into the training process which will take another 2 weeks before being on your own and in front of real customers!

Tip: Make sure you do your homework the day before!!!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is upset in your window?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Lead Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

One on One interview to go over your background and experience. Many customer service and sales questions. Tellers Sell and cater to the needs of their customers no matter how ridiculous they are and the interview makes sure you can handle crazy people and get them to agree to new products.

Interview Questions

• When did you do something that was morally right rather than choose the easy way out? And what is the impact of that decision?   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Candidate meets with two managers. They rotate asking questions, with a focus on how you deal with conflict at work, how you would resolve certain situations. Value ability to work as a team and make decisions for yourself. Like individuals that are motivated and self driven.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were faced with a conflict at work and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Three Phase interview process. Phone interview, Panel interview, Branch interview. After the phone interview. I was scheduled for a 2nd interview. There were about 2 people for HR conducting the interview. Also 4 or 5 branch managers who were sitting on the sideline basically requiting. There were about 20 applicants, all in the same room. We each went around the table and introduced ourselves, and gave past job experience. We each role played. The questions weren't to bad because you got to listen the other people respond prior to giving your answer. Gave you time to think. that was it. About a week later I received a call from one of the branch managers to go in for another interview at his branch. This time it was only me in an office with about 4 other Managers. After the interview. I never received a call from that Branch. About a week Later I was called from another Branch. The same interview process. The next day I called the Branch to follow up on my interview and was told They had not made a decision. About 30 minutes later I received a call from HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• This is a sales position. They are looking for good customer service and sales ability. Questions like. Give me a time when you persuaded some one to do something you wanted them to do. Over coming objections.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Lead Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview process usually takes about 2 to 3 weeks. After applying, you'll get an email to do a screening just to see how you are as a person and what you know. Then the recruiter will send you an email picking a time to do a group interview. The group interview will be with the DM and other hiring managers that are looking for candidates like you in their stores. Questions will range from customer service, ethics, to cash handling and balancing.

Interview Questions

• Everything is pretty much straightforward, there are no curveball questions   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Interview

Situational interview process in which your answer isn't wrong but they use your response to see if your a good fit for that branch. You might not be a fit for that branch but others may be more your style.

Interview Questions

• Prepare before interview so not to be thrown off by questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will not negotiate anything

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Greensboro, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line and received a telephone interview within a couple of days. Met with a 2 panel committee within a week. All were professional, cordial and made you feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you did not understand a cs need and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Phila, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Somewhat informal, as the branch was very busy. Interviewed by branch and service managers at the same time using a preset list of questions while they took notes. The majority of the interview focused on problem de-escalation and sales metrics

Interview Questions

• Explain a specific time you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

lots of interviews, online test, phone interview, group interview, then manager interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The first interview for teller was a group interview with other candidates. Then there was an interview with a branch store and service manager. They asked behavioral questions such as describe a time when...
    The interview for lead teller occurred with the branch manager and the service manager. Same types of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were easy. Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you solve the problem at hand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no opportunities to negotiate. If you ask at an interview they tell you that discussion will happen with the HR adviser. Then the HR adviser tells you that conversation should have occurred with your manager.