Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2010.

Interview Details – There was a job fair and there was a brief assessment. If you passed the assessment there was an on site interview. If you were an ideal candidate you were hired

Interview Question – What was the most difficult task you accomplished?   Answer Question

Provo, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was promoted within the same branch after the previous lead teller was promoted. The decision to hire me was mostly made before the job listing was posted. Interviews were only a formality.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Lead Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – lots of interviews, online test, phone interview, group interview, then manager interview

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The first interview for teller was a group interview with other candidates. Then there was an interview with a branch store and service manager. They asked behavioral questions such as describe a time when...
The interview for lead teller occurred with the branch manager and the service manager. Same types of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy. Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you solve the problem at hand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no opportunities to negotiate. If you ask at an interview they tell you that discussion will happen with the HR adviser. Then the HR adviser tells you that conversation should have occurred with your manager.

Lead Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – At first we submit our application and resume via online. Then, weeks later we get called for a group interview. After passing the group interview a service manager is notified with an email with all the qualified candidates. The service manager calls you for an interview inside the branch. At that moment is when they decide whether you are hired or not. If hired, Wells Fargo send you to a two week paid training program.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation you had to overcome and how did you overcome it?
How did you go out of your way to deal with that situation and calm the situation down.
  Answer Question

Lead Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – group and panel interviews. 2 different one. then extensive background check.

Interview Question – tell me a time you dealt with a rude customer and what did you do?   Answer Question

Coopersburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process started by applying for the job via wellsfargo.com. Once that was complete, I received a phone call from a hiring recruiter. After the initial interview with the recruiter, I was then contacted by the service manager of the branch. Then came the 1:1 interview or better the 1:2 interview with the branch manager and the service manager. finally, I received a call from the recruiter letting me know that an offer of employment was extended.

Interview Question – what is my goals for the next five years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Lead Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the posting on our internal site and applied. The same job was posted for two locations so they were both submitted. I was called fairly quickly by the HR recruiter for screening (1st phone interview) and afterwards she told me that I would hear from someone if I was moved forward. I got a call a week later to set up a panel interview with the two hiring managers, a service manager and our regional compliance officer. It went really well and I answered all the questions and replied with a few of my own. I was called a week later with an offer from one of the managers and I excepted. Apparently then process took so long because the two managers were fighting about which one could get me and it slowed down HR's response time.

Interview Question – Tell me about your most difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?
Tell me about a time that you stepped in to help a teammate succeed?
Tell me about your greatest sales goal and how did you achieve it?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked about salary, I gave a high range and when they came back with the low end, as expected, I was still happy and took it.

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Typical behavioral questions. Will test you to see your friendliness and personality in a fast paced retail environment

Interview Question – Sell this pen to me right now   View Answers (2)

Lead Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Did online app and test, talked with recruiter -week later scheduled for instore interview. Hired and then did background check, fingerprinting, and a few days was sent offer letter via email

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – didnt negotiate

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!