Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person interview with the store manager. Basically consisted of what the job was and how to be good at it. I became very good on the phone and as a consequence, my job.

Interview Question – Tell me why you want this job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Firm offer.

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Interview was based on one STAR format. Describe the SITUATION OR TASK, Give details on the ACTION you took, and give details on the RESULT.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – You begin by submiting an online application. A recruiter will then call you for the initial screening. You'll be given a date as to when to when the group interview will take place. After the Group interview, you'll get an opportunity to have a one on one with a branch manager. The rest is up to you to get the job. Good Luck!

Interview Question – There were'nt any difficult or surprising questions. Be prepared to sell your self on your sales experience and customer service. As long as you have an honest and true situation to share with your sales and customer service, you'll do just fine. The rest is how your personality will mesh with the manager and his/her staff that you'll be interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The asking offer was much less than I expected.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – so long ago much has changed.. apply online wait for a group interview.. pass that go to a one on one interview with a manager at a branch. my process took months to complete. for many it can be about a month or so. patience is needed

Interview Question – nothing i can remember. all are pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.. i just took it

Weehawken, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2009.

Interview Details – Once application is submitted via Wells Fargo website, you are contacted by a recruiter who will ask questions to see if you are a initial fit to then meet with hiring manager. Face to face interviews are conducted by two managers, one being the manager who you report to. If selected, recruiter or manager will contact you to discuss further process.

Interview Question – What hat are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR then had a one on one with my branch manager and was hired three days later. From what I understand, the process is never this fast. I was extremely lucky with the timely hire.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with cold calling? Very few are, successful bankers become excellent at it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I tried but the only offer was at the base listed online. Go for it, I have a feeling it varies from district to district.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was relatively quick and painless. I had two phone interviews and was then invited to meet with two different managers at the same time. That meeting lasted about an hour and they felt I would be a good fit at a specific location so they set a meeting with a third manager the next day. After the second meeting I received a call within 2-3 days letting me know I got the job. All the people I talked to were very nice and open. They told me as much as they could about the day-to-day job and what to expect. It was good to see how open they were because it made my decision easier.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were overly difficult. Most questions were about previous sales experience and success stories.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, they have a set salary for any given position.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied onine for a Personal Banker 2 position. A few days later I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was the next day and only about 10 minutes. The phone interview was very basic with questioning involving my experience and strengths. I was later contacted for an in person interview. I went to a branch and met one on one with the manager. He was very laid back. He did not select me but he referred me to meet with another branch manager. I met with another branch manager and it was the same format. I have been to three different locations now for the same position. I have not heard anything back from the last two.

Interview Question – The questions are very basic and uses the STAR format. The questions are geared towards sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Interview Details – Filled pout application online. I was then called right away to set up an interview. When I arrived I came to find out that it was a scheduled group interview. Everyone had to go around the room and describe their experiences.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Simple and quick. Basic interview questions. Nothing out of the blue and no tricks. First interview was a group interview. I was then called back a few days later to interview in a branch with a manager. I was called back the next day with an offer. The whole process lasted only a few days. Upon hiring, you are put into a training facility for about a month before reporting to the branch.

Interview Question – What do you do when you don't know the answer asked?   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!