Wells Fargo

Updated Jul 17, 2014

2.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Loan Document Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

I started my process on CareerBuilder.com. I submitted my resume for the position online. A Wells Fargo recruiter sent me an email back within 3 days to schedule a phone interview. I pretty much said I was available anytime during the normal business day and they scheduled me for the next day at 11:30am. That was fine by me.

Phone Screen:
11:30am - Recruiter called me as promised, and we went over my resume with a fine tooth comb and had me give my idea of what the position entails. I did so and they liked my answers as I have had 4+ years of the very same experience and knew how to answer those questions. From there the recruiter asked me other questions regarding my MS Office skills, Word, Excel, and Outlook mostly. I have worked with a couple of the MS office suites. They do look different. I have been using MS Office 2003 at home and MS Office 2007 or 2010 at work. I must say I do like the ribbon at the top. Anyways, after that came the good part. "How much is your salary requirement?" I actually low-balled myself. LOL! I just wanted to "get a job" and I was throwing myself under the bus. I figure that if other people ask for too much they will be disqualified. If I ask for a low offer I should be able to get the job fast. I told the recruiter what my "range" of pay was and they said flat out to me "oh they pay more than that" and I was like okay. So I told them what my highest would be and they noted that into the account.

Got a call a week later from the Hiring Managers Assistant and scheduled the interview a few days later on a Wednesday in the afternoon.

Wednesday Interview:
I was interviewed by two nice ladies for the position. One was the actual manager I would be working for and the other was somebody on the team who knows the systems/job duties/everything about the job pretty much inside and out. The interview was mostly 8 behavior questions which I wrote down as much as I can without stalling the interview process. "What kind of process did you develop, and how did it help out? "What were some of your challenges in the past?" "How do you deal with Adaptability / Change in the workplace?" "How do you re-prioritize your work?" Things of that nature. Every question has about 3-5 sub questions like challenges, importance, outcome of the changes. After the 8 questions and their sub parts were over they asked me about some of my skills of my previous jobs doing the same thing there. Went over that info. Asked me if I can work Overtime. "Yes." I said. Of course with a big grin on my face. I currently do not get OT at my place of employment, so that made me pretty happy there. After that is was mostly chit chat about work things going back and forth about the joys of the job as they could tell I had a lot of experience in explaining in detail what I do on a daily basis. After that Hiring Manager said "that is all the questions I have for now." The other said the same. I had asked a couple follow up questions such as "where do we go from here, and when can I expect a response back either way about the position." They replied that the recruiter will get back with me if selected. I said "Thanks!" and was on my merry way out the door.

Interview Questions
  • None for me really. Just have to think of 8 scenarios about past experiences that fit the question without dodging the question entirely.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Loan Document Specialist Interview

The initial process started through an HR representative. She was located in a different state and only seemed to have the posted job description available (no actual knowledge of the actual position or department). She asked a series of behavioral questions and then asked me to rate myself on a scale of 1 to 5 on my abilities such as Microsoft, etc. Once I completed this intereview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the manager of the department. This also consisted of the same format (i.e. behavioral questions and rating skill levels).

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many technical questions, but there were several behavioral questions. They usually started with "Tell me about a time...". These were the hardest because you just never know what they're going to ask you about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

I attended an invitation only hiring event that I found out about via a recruiting agency. I think Wells primarily uses recruiting agencies to fill mortgage/loan related positions. I was scheduled 30 minutes to interview with a manager one on one. We talked for about 15-20 minutes before I was given an offer on the spot. This is a customer service and document management role. I would talk about how you have had to do customer service in the past and manage large amounts of paperwork and priorities.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a little. He told me what they had been offering people for the position and I asked for a dollar extra (the position is salaried but they broke down the pay rate per hour). I asked for the extra dollar because I would be commuting from a different side of town. Turns out the manager lives in my area, and agreed without any real and back and forth. Never hurts to ask just be sensible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2012.

Really brief interview. Nothing alarming. I expected to be asked more about my experience; however, the interviewer knew people I'd worked with at several of my former employers. I was questioned more about who I knew and how much I remember about them than about my experience. I guess the interviewer planned to ask my former co-workers more information about me.

Loan Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2012.

I was contacted over the phone about setting up an interview. E-mailed promptly after the phone call and was told where to go. Interview process went smoothly. Met with three people (which was pretty intimidating) and was hired two days later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty basic and nothing too weird.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiting agency and interviewed later that week.

Interview Questions
    • What type of mortgages and refinance programs are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2010.

Normally have Career Fair when opening new mortgage department. 1 interview followed by job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the entire loan process and whose associated with each part.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate as I was brand new to the industry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2009.

It started with my posting my resume online for them to see. I then received a call to come in for an interview. First we had to fill out a ton of paperwork which then led to a test which we needed to take to see basically how fast we were on the keyboard. After that it was a one-on-one interview with someone to discuss the job. Nothing too out of the ordinary except for the whole speed thing. I then got a call about a week later where I was offered the job later accepted it.

Loan Document Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

interviewed with 2 managers. Typical interview questions. Formal, yet pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Asked to speak in French, name a time when you had to take a risk and it worked out and when it didn't work out   Answer Question