Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loan Servicing Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview Details – What a long process! Applied online, received an invitation for a phone interview two weeks later, was invited to complete an in-person interview onsite. After that, there was a waiting period of over three -four weeks before a decision was made.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you misunderstood direction from a superior.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated with the phone interviewer and she made a note that I requested more than what the position paid. I ended up getting half a dollar more. Just ask.

Very Easy Interview

Lake Mary, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume to the temp agency. Got a call the next day for a quick phone interview and was offered the position. I then went in to the temp agency to sign paperwork for background check and drug test. I never spoke with anyone at Wells Fargo regarding the position. Reported to Wells Fargo for training on the project the next week.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview, one face to face interview. Six questions in the face to face interview, all situational experience questions.

Interview Question – Really weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate as it was my first position with Wells Fargo.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the office admin after applying for the position online. The admin asked me a few personal questions and asked me what days I'd be available for and interview. We scheduled the interview for later in the week. I interviewed with two managers and the questions were very standard work and personal questions. I was offered the position the next week.

Interview Question – What do you believe to be your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer they proposed at the time. No Negotiation took place.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2011.

Interview Details – Wells Fargo primarily uses recruiters in the Charlotte area to fill positions from outside the company. My last interview was fairly smooth. I had interviewed for two previous positions within the month prior to my last interview. Wells Fargo has a policy of hiring from within if there is an internal employee interested in the position, even if that employee has no experience for the current open position. For this reason, although I was interviewed for the two previous positions, there were internal employees who had applied; therefore they were unable to offer the position to me. However, the interviewing managers had recommended me to this hiring manager. The process can feel daunting to an outsider, but eventually has benefits.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of all of the interviews was the use of internal acronyms that are not generally used in the profession.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. Pay for each position is set.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Loan Servicing Specialist interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.