Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty much a standard interview. HR called to ask questions to determine if I qualify to go onto a face to face interview. Went to interview with a District Manager, then another interview with Regional Manager, and Regional President. Interviews consist of pretty much the same questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you help someone succeed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. HR lady sound like she was going to explode when I suggested a higher salary.

Des Moines, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was for screening and then invited to a 1:1 interview a few days later. The phone interview was pleasant and cordial, as was the phone interview. It is a big company so there are some formalities in the process that you just have to understand and be patient with.

Interview Question – Experience over the last 8 years   Answer Question

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

Interview Details – Be yourself.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where two employees did not work well together?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2011.

Interview Details – With applying at Wells Fargo you always get a recruiter who calls and does a 15-20 minute phone interview. From there you will receive an email about being turned down, or a follow up call from the recruiter in regards to setting up a face to face. Typically you will have 1 face to face interview and then a denial email or a call to set up the final face to face.
   A big part of Wells Fargo's hiring questions are behavorial based, meaning they will ask for a specific time when you did this, or displayed this quality. The best way to handle these are to have pre-arranged scenario's ready that utilize the STAR method(Situation, Task, Action, Result) and you would go through the Situation, the Task at hand, your specific Action, and the end Result.
   Be prepared to be flexible with your pre arranged answers as you may have to tailor them to what is being looked for slightly in order to answer the question, meaning, you could have thought about answering a question about quick thinking, but the question asked specifically asks for a unique solution to a problem. So you then take your answer about quick thinking and explain how it was also a unique solution to the problem.
   I have personally experienced problems with the amount of time taken to get responses either way on a job decision, sometimes taking weeks and months and having very little communication throughout the process.
   Good company overall, but some things like that do get frustrating when trying to find a job and has before resulted in my turning down of other posistions due to waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to find a unique solution to a problem?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone who's opinion's you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2008.

Interview Details – Wells Fargo Financial is a promote from within, based on performance, where if you excell at your sales and management roles advancement is possible. I interviewed for manager 2 position it was really easy.

Interview Question – why should you have the job?   View Answer

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!